Masters Running

Thu April 3 Runs and Workouts (Read 546 times)

Good morning, everyone. Coach said shorter interval repeats, so that's what I did. I figured since they were short I could run a bit faster than I have been for the cruise intervals. I decided to do 6 x 0.5 mi repeats, with 60 seconds in between. I was glad to be done by the last repeat. Workout: Splits(HR) 3:24(161),3:19(172),3:22(171),3:19(174),3:24(183),3:19(183). Avg pace 6:42/mi, AHR 174 Overall: 8.2 mi, 1:04 Have a great day!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Nice intervals Lou. Fast too! My day was recovery from my intervals yesterday. 6.1 recovery paced miles in a hour. Average HR 127. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow, nice intervals Lou - good way to start us off this morning!! Nice recovery run Bill. Out for 4.25 miles with Brinkley today. Geez, he gets so excited - he woke me up 2 minutes before the alarm went off and then he paces around whining while I get ready. Keeping things quiet in the morning is very challenging. We averaged a 9:47 pace with AHR of 156. I am noticing my heart rate starting to slow down a bit at the faster paces. Smile {{BTB}} Hope you are doing well today. Nice to see Rochrunner reporting some runs again!! Happy Thoisday!! Wink ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

no run to report just yet. I've had 3 days off and will try to get in an easy 6 this late afternoon...if the weather will cooperate. Severe storms are expected sometime after 5:00 pm... Don't mind the wind and the rain, it's the lightning, hail ( "heck", for those of you who take offence to the profanity), and tornadoes I'm not especially fond off. Look for my run report later this evening. gppd runs to all!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Good Morning from South Carolina! Nice speedy stuff WRFB----sharpening time I see. I went out for a run at 6:15 AM—breezy and 60F, rain on the way, but no complaints. The hotel tucked a running map into my keycard folder (probably do that for all here, but I pretended I was special) and I did their 5 mile loop twice for 10 miles in 1:24:28 (with a 7:08 mile 6 just 'cuz) and then some strides on the beach ! Wheee! That was fun. In addition to back issues of trade journals, I read the most recent issue of Runners World magazine while on the plane. Media darling Aamos is mentioned in the write-up of the Zoom Yah! Yah! Marathon. I looked for her picture, but she is too fast to be caught on film. Check it out though---she is right there in ink. Hey Perchcreek, Lance Armstrong may be in the corral with hermosaboy and rbbmoose, but you are in the same corral with his ex-wife, Kristen Armstrong. Maybe she’ll write about you! It was a running maga-palooza as I also read Running Times and New England Runner and the local club newsletter. Healing vibes to all with injuries and aches. I am not quite at taper madness now, but getting close…..I’ll start reading and re-reading my running logs next. Gaaah! Go UConn women! Good day to all....careful out there evryday! CNYrunner

Renee the dog

Two miles this morning in 19:29. Trying to take Jim24315's advice to slow down a bit. Dog (Renee) was unimpressed, but did as I asked. Wink Ran up to the boardwalk and then down the beach. Ahhhhh. Very nice on the feet. Turns out my foot cramping is an old skiing injury surfacing -- peroneus longus has settled down, but the other one -- peroneus brevis (do I have that right?) that seems to be the issue. Apparently that's an unusual tendonitis to get, and one podiatry site that I read last night suggested running on varied surfaces to help give the heel greater range of motion. So, looks like some more beach running for me for a bit. Our beach is w-i-d-e and away from the water is quite varied terrain. For anyone who wants a peek at wide: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=38.974324~-74.824555&style=a&lvl=17&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=17321942&encType=1 Good runs to all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice intervals Lou! You are sharp now! Scheduled rest day, first week with 2 rest days in like a loooong time. Must be taper starting. Tory HAD to get out so we walked 41 minutes (2.5 miles) letting him sniff thing out. Saw one bunny. Planks and stretching. Have great runs! Thanks about the Kristin tip CNY... she's bib 14323, I'm 14360

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Just restin' today... BTB- I think that I'm just a little jealous of all the runners going to Boston and wishing I was one of them...so I'm trying not to get caught up in the discussions and just sticking to my easy runs till the time comes for me to really crank out the miles 22 more weeks till Skagit Flats...this time I'll be ready...the training starts in earnest on Sunday...
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                    Nice to see everyone doing their usual runs today. I can tell already that the mood is picking up here now that the weather is improving for most of us at last. CNY: That's pretty cool: a hotel with a running map! And everything will be OK at Boston as long as Lance Armstrong's ex-wife is not in the same corral with Ribs. (Sorry -- CRBoomers inside joke that goes back a long way.) I will probably be dropping offline for a couple of weeks. We're renting a friend's condo near Charleston, SC and will be taking our first real vacation in a couple of years, and the first two-weeker in many years. This was supposed to be our celebration trip following my retirement, but since my retirement has been postponed a few months it will just have to do as a regular vacation. The only problem is that there's no Internet connection in the condo. We'll probably stop in at a coffee shop with wireless once in a while to check our email, but I doubt that I'll have time to read the forums. Sad My only hope is that someone nearby in the condo complex will be using an unsecured wireless box. Wink The worst part is that I'll miss the run-up to Boston where I have so many virtual friends competing, but I should be back home on the 21st to catch the event on TV. Good luck in advance to all the Boston runners, and good running to everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Hill Runner

Good morning all, 10.11 miles of hills @ 8:56 pace in a light rain...40F ish temps...wonderful run this morning after two days rest. Lots of azaleas and flowers blooming here and the rain really makes things pop. Good runs to all today

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #957

.and BTB we definitely have a date for that afternoon and for anyone else who wants to join us -- runners get to pick the outing............short walk around part of the Charles River? Faneuil Hall or North End for a bite to eat?? let me know.........i'll be around and will have a car for transportation!!
                        Deez4boyz - Do you mean before the race, or the next day? Is anyone making suggestions for dinner meet-up after the race? Eliz4015 – sorry for your “I hate your job” day. {{{{Tammy’s tibia}}}} Biketm – I prefer to do my LRs on Sunday, with a short run on Sat., and Friday off. If I take the day off before my LR, I feel like I’m cheating somehow, not getting the full benefit of the workout. 7 easy-paced miles for me today in 36 degrees. Yesterday DD and DS had simultaneous dental cleanings in adjacent rooms. All of us out in the waiting room could hear DD when she piped up brightly to her brother, “HEY! I see you! ..........You’re on my RIGHT side.......I’m on your LEFT side!...........And, to the hygienist, “My brother NEVER brushes his teeth.....his GUMS BLEED!....... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nice morning intervals WRFB. I wish I could report that this is the first of my two scheduled days off as perchcreek or that I am suffering from the start of taper madness as CNYrunner. But, alas, I am injured. There are no two ways about it. I am tossing my running schedule out for now. Cry My hope is to be able to pick back up by Monday. I hope everybody's day and runs go well. Just know that I am going to be insanely jealous as I follow today's daily!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

good morning! Lou, your post made me take a deep breath. whew. Mary nice your hr is getting lower. Sadie used to do the same thing while I got ready. (dh sleeping, of course) {{{ Tammy }}} Doug, when are you leaving? sounds wonderful. except for being un wired. Smile i"m really looking to being useless at work April 21. Last year was bad enough, but I know so many so well this year. might as well just unplug the phone & open as many windows as i can. hmm. a couple more sticks of memory first. (planning for boston Smile ) pilates workout #2 & 2.36 miles on the tm this morning. it's a walk run mix, I"m counting the whole thing... first , because, well, it sounds better. and it got too hard to keep track of. more run than walk. i do have to admit that i wasn't sure what to do today, tm was the plan, , & I woke up to complaining hammies. ok. bad me. Holly, Big grin. any of you in the upper boomer range remember Art Linkletter? he really would have enjoyed DD. happy days. eta, {{{{ Twocat! }}}}

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh no, Twocat! I hope it's minor, and clears up quickly.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning Boomers. Could only crank out 6 miles in 59:10 - I hope it's just the lingering blahs of the flubug earlier in the week. I officially registered for a half marathon in May and a fun local 10K in June yesterday. Must stay focused... I'll be nearly 56 and I'm not sure how many more half marathons I've got left in me. Some great runs this morning. WRFB - those were impressive stats. Mary - Brinkley was probably a happy camper because he got his run in this morning. It must be hard to sneak out of the house with an excited dog! CNY Runner - you are special! I'll bet the hotel staff doesn't do that for everyone. Peter - I'd sure like to see some green grass and azaleas around here. Send some of that warm weather north, would you? Was reading some of the late posts yesterday. Sounds like Liz had a day from hell, but I'm sure Steve's YouTube video picked her right up. I know I won't complain about my job anymore! I went to a running seminar on nutrition last night. Some attractive, 30-ish woman was the speaker. She talked about carb loading, portion sizes, blah, blah, blah... I asked her about early morning runners who can't tolerate food in their stomach before a long run. She kind of side-skirted the question and never really answered it. So, I thought I'd ask the master. SpareRibs - any advice for keeping energy levels up when you can't eat before a long run? Holly - you may have a solution to this as well. To btb and everyone else dealing with injuries - hope spring and warmer weather will help your healing! Good runs, everyone. Jeanne