Masters Running

Nobody else wanted to do the Sunday, July 19th daily? (Read 32 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

From my last day in the wilds of Maine.  Having to suffer with slow internet. 

6.9 of the wettest, non rain run in quite a while.  Got the official "eew, gross" (SP?) from DW when I got back.  The very nice thing about it was that it was both the farthest AND fastest run of the week.

Hope everyone else is busy having fun.  5:30am will feel VERY early tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

My last run in Maine as well Stumpy - well for now anyway!! By mid-August we should have ownership of our new seasonal camper!! I will have to find a running/triathlon group around here - starting to get a little lonely at times on my long run and rides.

Didn't get out until 7am (thanks to the delicious craft beer I drank last night) Wink

11.11 soupy miles with mostly consistent splits and the last mile the fastest!!

one more night in the campground then back to reality

enjoy the rest of your Sunday my friends!!

denise

Dave59

Hope things work out with your car Holly. I have many memories of car trouble on vacation when I was growing up but I have been fortunate as a "grown up".  Worst we ever had, we were 20 miles out of town when the AC went out on our car so we turned around, came home and switched cars.  We had to travel to Cedar Point in my little Honda Civic, but at least it was cool.

I ran 3 yesterday and 4.26 today. A lot of moisture in the air today. Some people brought their tropical fish out to play on the lawn. They had no trouble breathing.  

We had to get out of the house for 4 hours yesterday for the inspection. We went to a movie called Self/less. Interesting science fiction story which we both enjoyed. Then we went to dinner and then to Culver's for some custard. I had Reese's Cup topping on mine! No word yet on what the new owners found and what they may ask us to fix from the inspection yesterday. We got a good rain in the morning which should help ease any worries about the basement as it stayed dry.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Got the jump on another 90-degree day with the three hours of volunteering in the transition zone of the annual Seafair Triathlon that I first did in 1990 probably being more transition time than in all of my annual, and more, triathlons put together since 1978.

Though I’ve never been much of a swimmer (if at all), cyclist or runner, running shirtless and shoeless on all three legs can still produce faster transitions than most everybody, often everybody, else. Therefore, it was kind of shocking for the duration today seeing so many leisurely transitions, sitting on upended five-gallon buckets tying/changing shoes and shirts, dilly-dallying with gels, energy bars and drinks instead of on the bike or run, lining up at the facilities as it’d been all all day Ironman, waiting for DH to finish his swim (2), waiting for wife to finish swim (0), etc.

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it’s usually something unusual

no particular reason dave, but have you ever done a triathlon?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

HermosaBoy

I ran 3 yesterday and 4.26 today. A lot of moisture in the air today. Some people brought their tropical fish out to play on the lawn. They had no trouble breathing.  

Sounds about right!  6.25 sticky miles this morning.

Minions movie and then a nice dinner with Mrs.HermosaBoy tonight celebrating our first anniversary.  Smile

Here's a picture from last year:

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

Happy anniversary, Hermosaboy! Your wedding day was fun to follow on FB with the wedding day 5k kicking it off. First time I'd ever seen that.

Hope the home inspection went well, Dave. When is moving day? Tropical fish on the lawn... heh.

Are Deez and Sumpy anywhere close to each other? They each seem to spend a lot of down time in Maine, but she's looking for a running partner... hmmm. Welcome home to reality tomorrow (sorry).

Tet, those transitions are timed, right? Is it just a difference between the leaders and the back-of-the-pack crowd? Having never done a tri, I'm not real sure how they work. Is it really still so hot in Seattle? I thought it had moderated quite a bit.

We seem to be in a pattern of nice weather during the week, and carpy weather for the weekend. What's up with that? The best conditions of the weekend were for my race and post-race run yesterday. Other than that, not so much. This morning is low 50's (as in... 51° this morning), overcast, wet and breezy. Bleh. I was going to redo the trail run today, but it'll be too slick. No need to twist an ankle (or worse) at this point in the summer! So, I'll run up to the trailhead, then back down and then down to the main road, find a hill to struggle up, come back down and call for a ride part way back up the road. Should be 14-15 miles, maybe. We'll see.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Are Deez and Sumpy anywhere close to each other? They each seem to spend a lot of down time in Maine, but she's looking for a running partner... hmmm. Welcome home to reality tomorrow (sorry).

While Maine is not QUITE as big as you're used to, we're still about 40 miles apart I think.  OOB, right, Denise?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Just back in; went to the beach (and ran a mile over the bridge) after a sorta (given the H&H) peppy 10 miles (8:44 pace) w/ 2 mile (avocado picking) cooldown.

The nice perk about this time of year is: drive to meet your running chums in the am for a run, get back to your car and the coffee you didn't finish in your travel mug is still warm.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77 I wanted to start the daily but you beat me to it by oh 5 plus hours.  

Hermosaboy happy anniversary!

Today was a no running day for me so it was an hour on the elliptical.  Tomorrow I am meeting up with an old training partner of mine.  She says she is up for a run of 4 to 5 miles but that is all she is at right now.  This is a woman how was nationally competitive in her AG.  I somehow doubt that 5 miles is her maximum, now or ever.  Guess I will find out.  It has been a long time since we even saw each other.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy anniversary, Rob!  Has it really been a year already?   How time flies.  (I've been married for 33 years already!)

My legs are a bit tired after yesterday's race.  I never do speed work, so races are the only times I run fast, and then only at short races!  So today I set out to do 20 or so in the local state park, but called it good at 11.9.  I could have finished another lap, and it would have been good training for running on tired legs at the end of an ultra, but I've run 66 miles this week, which is a lot for me, so I decided to run long tomorrow or Tuesday instead.  Nice thing about working part time from home!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Happy anniversary, HermosaBoy.  That was already a year?  By the way...did I ever tell you that I picked up one of your signs that got left behind?  I still have it, here, someplace.

I went 8.1 miles in 1:06:39.  It wasn't quite as humid as it has been but I felt it.  The fallen trees and branches that I had to run around, yesterday, were picked up already, which was nice.  My body still aches from yesterday's ordeal.  My right glute hurts the most...which proves that losing power in the middle of the night is a pain in the butt.

Okay--I gotta go put some steaks on the grill.  See ya!

Henrun

Congrats, Rob.

Did 4.3 steamy miles early this morning (6:30) before it really got hot-90. While Marj headed up to NH to spend quality time with DD and GC I went downtown to hear some great jazz and watch a dance group. Boston is having a series of weekend outdoor festivals this summer- King Lear starts this week. These programs cater to all tastes and ages- good place to be between our travels.

Happy Anniversary Hermosaboy! DH and I saw The Minions yesterday as well - about the only type of movie we can agree on!

I am at Old Orchard Beach, Maine - not sure how far up you are Kevin but there is nothing "wild" about this part of Maine!

denise

evanflein

16.3 hilly miles today, in a dreary chilly drizzle with wind at the top. Not my favorite running weather, to be sure, but it is nice to not feel drained and dehydrated at the end of the run. I was so muddy! Lots of hills, with a good mix of uphills and downhills in preparation for the Gold Discovery Run next week. I've probably done more race-specific training for this race this year than ever before, so we'll see how it pays off next Sunday. Here's a link to the map/elevation of the run (we used to be able to just post our elevation profile in the forum, but I can't figure out how to do that now).

Good to see even Wildchild has to cut a run short. Nice weekly mileage for you!

Mariposai

Hermosaboy and Mrs. gorgeous girl, congrats on your first wedding anniversary. May that love you have for each other today be still sparking in your hearts 30, 40 years from now.

Too wiped out to comment on much more. No running to report either, but it seems like my fall marathon plan is shaping up nicely.

Why am I so tired?

I hiked to Maple Pass today. One of my "Must do each summer" Yeap, we were really high up and loved every second of it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard