Masters Running

Minor surgery yesterday...won't be posting for a couple weeks (Read 263 times)

munchkn883

Had my port changed out yesterday b/c the old one wasn't working properly. Dr. said I have to take it easy for two weeks...no lifting, walking, etc. Main thing is to keep the incision dry so the "glue" it is held together with doesn't come off. MrMunch changed the dressing at lunch and it looked really good so hopefully it won't get infected. One thing good....new port is a "power port" so it can be used for putting in the contrast for CT scans and I won't have to be stuck. Love you all. I'll still be keeping up with all of you every day!
    evanflein

Sounds like an improvement, but sorry to hear you're kind of housebound for awhile. Take care, and good to hear Mr. Munch is a good nurse!
      TammyinGP

thanks for the update! Sounds like you are being well taken care of and I know you'll be a good patient too!

Tammy

A power port, hmmmmmm. I like the sound of that. Keep up your spirits and keep us posted on your progress. grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Be sure to follow your doctor's instructions! Wow, no walking will be tough. I'm glad your husband can take care of you. I'll be thinking about you!!! Smile
              munch, this sounds like an improvement. Take care and heal well. TomS

#artbydmcbride

Best wishes! Smile

Runners run

xor

Ouch. But a working port is better than a semi-functional one. And a power port! Cool. Is it 110 or 220? Rest up.

Tramps

Best to you, Munch.

Be safe. Be kind.

Hey Munch, Just take it easy and let MrMunch pamper you then - doctor's orders! Glad it seems to be doing well - hope the new port is a big improvement. Those dang things are pain aren't they (but sure beats getting stuck all the time.) I'll be thinking of you. Skip
                      Mariposai

Love you all. I'll still be keeping up with all of you every day!
                        Thanks munch. I so love to hear that you keep up with RA world. I often think of you. Wish you a speed recovery on this one..........Love ya. Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Thank you for the up date. You are a person to be admired.

SteveP

Take care and hopefully you will be back out there walking real soon. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

hi munch!! good luck with your new power port!! have mr munch rent you some good movies and good books and take the time to relax!! we're thinking of you!!

denise

I am hoping it heals up fast and perfect. You have been through a tough road. Hopefully this will make what lies ahead easier.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/