Masters Running

Wed 7/16 Master Jaunts (Read 432 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang, got the date American this time Smile Went out for a gentle 3 m jog, in really nice spring conditions. Not bad for summer...... Anyway: 3m 33:16 @ 11:06 pace AHR 142 64% Mary, haven't got one lined up yet, what about you, I think I saw somewhere you've signed up for one. When? Good Runs All Roy
      Good morning, everyone. Hey, Roy -- I usually say the date as "July 16" so it works on both sides of the pond Smile . Nice avatar by the way! It was a wonderful morning for a little run -- 62­°F, again some humidity according to the weather sites, but it wasn't noticeable. 7.1 miles @ 8:42/mi, AHR 143, 1:01 overall

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning! Yes Roy, I'm doing the Detroit Marathon on October 19th . . . . at least that is the plan for now! Wink Out for 6 I don't feel like doing this today miles. 70 degrees and very humid, even Brinkley was dragging . . . but we got 'er done! 9:56 avg. pace - 165 avg. hr. Two bunnie fartleks and one man walking in dark clothing got my heart going a little faster. Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Nice runs to start us out with, Roy , Mary, and WRFB. No run (again) for me today – light x-training instead: glute raises, hammer curls, partial dead lifts, triceps extensions, incline dumbbell presses, reverse flies, push-ups, and bicycle crunches. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Roy....I like your avatar too! Cooler here too WRFB, 64! Warmed up with Tory for 2.2 mi at 9:41 pace then ran a bit of a progression: 8:05, 7:51, 7:51, 7:32, 7:25 then cd 8:11. wo: 6 mi in 46:51 (7:48, AHR 159) Total: 8.2 mi in 1:08:09 (8:18 pace) Legs felt GREAT!!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

VERY kewl avatar Jogger. I saw a sunrise this morning that looked something like that. 8 GA miles with the core of the run at 9 minute/mile pace. 74 and 97%. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Just wanted you to know that I heard from Jura last night...she is getting ready to take another stab at Bellingham and she is doing well...now I'm pretty sure I'll run Bellingham as well as Skagit Flats
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                Tramps

3.1 miles (@ 8:54) and some core work. Sadly, no lemonade stand.

Be safe. Be kind.

..ok, ''New'' password blocked me but I got in FINALLY...... ........40-min run......120min hiking..... ........................good running guys.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

My travels are FINALLY over until the fall. Ok, going to Hawaii and then Missoula for a marathon was not so bad. But the rest . . . YECH! The fall is shaping up to be a bear but at least until then I can stay firmly planted at home. Hallelujah! Yesterday The Jogger to keep this group on its toes how about doing the date in some new random order each day? Maybe for tomorrow 20080716? Smile nonoruns I have to say seeing a post about somebody other than me having to travel, well, what can I say I am a really bad person. Sad I hope your DH returns soon. pdr sounds like yesterday was a great day to run in MD. Nice tempo run. WRFB I really hate it when my Garmin's batteries konk out. Nice run and very nice finish. perchcreek while I have not been posting I have skimmed the forum and 5 miles like that after a tough marathon gets you the legs of steel award for today. hopeful4ever nice run and workout. I am sure the girlie push ups where quite something! breger1 nice tempo run. Good to see you seem to have left the land of running lethargy. evryday humidity still beats winter in my book! Peter NC Nice long run yesterday. It looks like I am going to be down in your area of the country this fall. Not sure of the exact date as yet though. dg. that was sure one of the most varied aerobic workouts I have ever seen. DickyG looks like you are recovering nicely. Congratulations! Nice picture too! I am not sure about others here but I live vicariously by hanging out with people that win races even if, alas, I cannot. Sad Holly I keep hoping you will report in that you are all healed up. I know how frustrating it is to be sidelined. lyndenrunner nice 7 miler. Tramps that was a link to a GREAT article. I kept a copy and will certainly alter my core workout routine. Thank you so much! enkephalin very nice 12 miler! stumpy77 you have a saint for a DW! Mine would have brained me for waking her up at that hour! Very nice strider workout. BCMorant at least in the summer I do not have to sit here green with envy when I read SOCAL weather reports! Great weather in your area, as always, for your 6 mile run. You are another place it looks like I will be sometime this fall. Again though I am not sure of the date as yet. hallar nice tempo run. Maybe the kids were there with their stand but you were going so fast you just missed them . . . Smile Tallrunner fast as always! tomwhite hope you got your password reset to something humans can actually recall. biketm great recovery, er, run nap! mainerunnah nice workout. Pretty complex looking one though! evanflein nice run. Nice to see you getting some nice running weather in your neck of the country. Mariposai my TP is one step from her yoga instructor certification. She would no doubt greatly approve of your joga session. Today WRFB nice quick 7 miler. hopeful4ever just remember today's weather when winter hits! holly nice workout. perchcreek iron legs award day 2! breger1 nice 8 mile run. I am still a bit sore post marathon. (Editor: So where is that RR? Twocat: Yea, yea I know I have to get to it just busy with work.) Back on topic: I felt good enough to walk a few miles yesterday. Today I hobbled out a 4.19 mile run at a 10:14 pace! Well you got to start somewhere. Great running weather here in CT this morning. It was 63 and the humidity was nice and low too. Overall, it looks like a great day to be out and about. Good running everybody!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

DickyG

Temps around here are about what Perchcreek & Lou described.. Holly: I think it's great that you are showing so much determination in your workouts even though you're still obviously in some pain. Twocat: Where's your marathon report? Peter: Nice run after a couple days off...saw a 1985 944 Turbo in classifieds...$15,000. Enke: Really jealous that you're running hills so easily...I can't do one without walking. Tall: I've already heard about the Canada Army Run...first one, right? Supposed to be a nice, even course with lots of good runners. Also heard they're gonna have pacers who will run in uniform or maybe battle fatigues. You should do great. Aamos: 6 miles in 90 degreee heat...tough run...way to go. Perchcreek: Very impressive run...now get to work. Did 4 miles at the track this morning. As Wildchild suggested, left my watch at home. Kept looking at my wrist time and again...I was doing OK until I looked down at my wrist again and then ran into a train. Today's run was 4th in a row...that's a lot for me...rest day tomorrow although I plan on hitting the practice tee after work and see if I can do anything about my hook before the tournament this weekend. Today's pic...definately for Holly...thought of her as soon as I saw it. DickyG

King of PhotoShop

Got to Chicago mid-morning yesterday and checked in at Marriott on Michigan Ave, then Riblet and I took off for the Science and Industry Museum and saw the Imax of the Grand Canyon, then to the Sears Tower Skydeck Tour and lots of pictures, then dinner at the Hancock Building on the 95 Floor looking out over the Lake. This morning after a big breakfast we walked down to Millennium Park and saw the "Bean" and other sculptures, taking pics all the way back. Now we change into our fancy clothes, cab it to the Hyatt O"Hare where we have a corporate lunch at noon, that he is also invited to, then I give my speech and off we go to the airport. Home tonight. We sure did have a great little vacation together and he is very excited. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ribs, that sounded like a delightful day yesterday Smile I have only been to Chicago once...and loved it. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hopeful, your comments about your trip to Ludington got me curious. I know of several campgrounds in the general area you mentioned. Our annual family reunion is held at Mason County Campgrounds on Chauvez Rd. This isn't too far from PM highway and one can take a winding (and hilly) run to the highway. I've been by Kibbey Creek Campground on Deren Rd. and it's quite close to the highway but I don't think there'd be a winding route to the highway. Another, but a long shot, is Buttersville Campground on Lakeshore Rd. It's a little farther from the highway and not as easy to find. It would definitely have a winding and hilly route back to the highway. Both sides of my famly have connections to that area but I won't bore you by going into detail. Wildchild, belated happy birthday. I hope it was a good one. Franc, that sounds like an enjoyable run with your daughter, some of her cross country friends, and the speedy mother of one of the girls. ribs, it sounds like you and riblet had a wonderful visit to Chicago. Evan, it's nice you got in a run with Nordic. Nice long runs for mariposai (and 1000 miles for the year), Peter, and enke. Good job on the speedwork for Dave, BC, and Maine. This morning, the temp was in the low to mid 70s, it was fairly calm, and it was humid. It was a character building and humbling run. Lately, before I start running, I'll shuffle along for 10-20 yards, walk about the same, and repeat several times to test/loosen up my hamstring. Today it was a little more bothersome than recently and didn't want to loosen up very well. I decided to try an easy mile or two and see what developed. I really poked along and went mile by mile and ended up with 6 miles in a bit under 1:01:30 for a 10:13 pace. One thing that I found bothersome was how hard the run seemed in spite of the slow pace and how "dead" I felt. Near the end, I tried to pick it up a bit so I wouldn't go over a 10:15 pace and there didn't seem to be any energy to call on. Oh well, it happens and the next run will have to be better. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                              Mariposai

Last night I got a call from a friend suggesting that we get together tonight to do some trail running, I can't wait. I love twocats's postings, they help me to get catch up with what is going on around here. Work is extremelly busy right now. I am finalizing this huge kid's health fair for this weekend. We are anticipating over 400 kids this year. Each participant will get a healthy passport, they will visit the booths and then get a veggie $$ to spend at the farmer's market. We will have traditional dances from the tribes, latinos, hip hop and jazz. Just trying to teach kids to take ownership over their health. Off to the radio now for a half and hour space to promote the event.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard