Masters Running

Wednesday, June 4th Daily (Read 405 times)

Good morning. Humidity made my 3.44 mile run last night an instant sweat. However, the run was quickly over sooner than I had planned when suddenly a thunder storm snapped into the area and hit hard. Fortunately I was close to home. My brother had his tests with the surgeon yesterday and they found the blockage behind his knee. They also found a plaque buildup in the neck area. Due to the weakness of the heart and the dangers of doing anything right now, they are going to leave everything as is. If sores start to appear on the foot, then he is to immediately contact the doctor. He is to exercise as he feels able to do. Then they will review everything in three months. I must confess I was not able to say anything of substance to him last night. I was prepared for the worst, I was prepared for the best......but I was not prepared for a "status quo" approach. Anyway, I will call him today and find the right words to say to him to keep him going. Have a great day. This is hump day and soon we will be facing the weekend. Good runs to all.
    Vista

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Vista - you will find just the right things to say to your brother. You have that gift and he is very lucky to have you. Okay, rest day skipped again . . . . 3 lackluster miles with a dead watch. I must have left it on or something - very humid out as we keep getting predictions of storms and hot, hot weather. Suppose so start storming tonight/tomorrow, so I'll take a rest tomorrow . . . . unless it is NOT raining. Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hiya Vista and Hopeful Mary! 0532 71 F tornado watch in effect until 1000 3 lackluster miles with a live Garmin.
        LaVita
          Good Morning, Congratulations wildchild/Carolyn! Such great news! Vista, the right words will be there when you need them most. You are a wonderful brother. Taking a day off today---it's been more than a week since I've done so, it's pouring out with thunder and lightning in the area and I have to leave for the airport soon. I did the sit-ups, push-ups, planks, strength training routine and feel good. Happy Wednesday all, CNYrunner
            Oops, almost forgot to post. Before I leave for work, I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to Carolyn! Oh, and 5 miles at easy pace. Great day, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The Jogger

I wasn't even going to post today, mad rush.....Vista, reminds me of, 'accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference' acceptance is the thing at the minute and hope for the future......I'm sure all will be well. Carolyn, excellent stuff on the job front, Mary a 3m rest day. Anyway 7m 01:20:03 @ 11:26 pace AHR 144 66% Good Runs All Roy
                Vista- Just speak from the heart something you seem very equipped to do. Humidity is here but the heat doesn't arrive until later this week. 10 mile bicycle commute this morning. Will run after riding home later today. You all have the power to make this a great day.

Renee the dog

Vista, {{{for you and your brother}}} 7 mi this morning with lead legs and a stiff wind going home. My 4 yr old did the last .35 mi with me. She's now down to a 12:12 pace...not bad for someone not quite 40" tall. Well, my huband just put an egg sandwich in front of me, so I'll sign off. Good runs to all yet to run today!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

GreenMan

Hey Gang, Wonderful Wednesday. Congrats on the job WildChild! Day's Inn Asheville Circumstances have brought me back to the Asheville NC area for a third time in less than a week. Work. DW came along. We ate at Salsa's last night, Trés Bien. I ran in the city today, in an old neighbor along Montford and Cumberland where grass and weeds were reclaiming sidewalks and less traveled streets. It was a nice change of venue. People were out walking and running. .77 mile walk 2.00 RCV 2.00 GA 9:52 1.00 RCV will walk a mile or so after breakfast. My tail is still sore from falling through my hammock a week ago, JJJ
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Congratulations on the job Wildchild! JJJ Asheviile is supposed be a really nice place. I haven't been there yet. Everybody stay cool, a big heat wave heading in this week. Sneak paek this morning. 71F and 90% humidity at 4:30 am made for a drippy run. 14 miles of hot, humid, hills in 2:08:17 (9:10 pace). Took Tory for the first 1.5 miles of warm-up. He was glad to get back. On the route there were lots of deer and bunnies about. Really close. Kind of Disney like. Almost started singing zippity do dah... Have great runs.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I could have started the thread this morning, but something told me Vista would have a story to tell, so I held off. 6 easy recovery-paced miles at 9:40 pace. Really tried to keep everything comfortable as I was noticing my hamstring some after yesterday's MP run. Avg HR 130. Max HR only 140. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

I had my first physical therapy session this morning. Some stretches and core strengthening stuff, but it seems too easy to do anything for my sore back. I'll play along for a few weeks and see how it goes. They probably have some more stuff to try if there is no progress after a couple weeks.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Vista – frustrating. I’ve never been good at “wait and see.” Wildchild – congratulations on your new job! A strange west-to-east-line weather system brought an almost continuous series of thunderstorms to our area all night and continues this morning. With thunder and lightning going all night, the kids slept in our room in sleeping bags. Big grin Still hearing thunder rumbling in the distance this morning, I did my run on the treadmill in our garage. Later on the news I saw that downtown Miamisburg, where I normally run, had many streets flooded, so it was just as well I stayed home. 5 easy-paced miles on the treadmill, first mile at 10:00, then 4 miles at 9:40. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Vista I am sure your brother will appreciate anything you tell him. Mostly I imagine he wants to know you are there to support him. Wildchild I hope your new job turns out to be everything you want! Congratulations. I am likely going to bag today's run. It is pouring out and I have a tough run scheduled for tomorrow. Good runs all.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Vista--hang in there with your brother. Carolyn--congrats! I went to the kitchen to get my morning cup of coffee and was greeted by a dinner-plate sized puddle of water on the kitchen counter. Uh oh; not a good way to wake up. After getting a ladder and investigating it turned out that last night's nasty and prolonged thunderstorms exposed a 2-inch crack in the sealant surrounding the "boot" that sits around the plumbing vent going through the roof. The water travelled to the lowest point--a canister light over the counter--and, voila, a puddle. Could be much worse. Sealed everything up and am awaiting this afternoon's forcasted nasty storms. Needless to say, no run this morning. I'll get some stretching and strength work in tonight during the game....whcih I hope doesn't go into overtime!

Be safe. Be kind.