Masters Running

Daily for 12/27 Masters (Read 451 times)

The Jogger

Well! Morning Gang At last I got out for a little 3 miler and Woody was sooo happy. He's missed going up the trail, even if it was just a quickie today, he liked it. Well not so much a quickie as a short one. I haven't run since the 12/5 and really haven't run properly since early Nov so hopefully, (touch wood) we're back out there. Tried out my new inov-8 roclite and they felt good, although no room for the custom othotics. I only felt one little twinge at the end, which compared to previous runs is nothing. People in work noticed the weight was going on and one guy said, ' you don't run anymore, do you Roy?' That was it!!!!!!! Anyway: 3m 32:50 @ 10:57 pace AHR 142 64% WHR Glad to be back among fends Roy
    dg.

good morning Roy! welcome back! So sorry you've been having trouble. What's been going on with your anikle? nothing to post yet today, but here was yesterday.... 4.55 mile run, 9:39 av.pace, 7:29 max. 169 ahr, 188 max. 5 loosely defined striders. 27 min. on the bike, 50 min. weight machines & stab. ball things. still battling a sinus infection so it was a hard workout for me. plans later to do prehab & the injured runner dvd.. I'll see first how long it take to get the ice off the driveway! We are having a heat wave Smile. I hope all the sick & injured get better soon. tim, I agree, the broken toes were perfect timing. also hoping so much all is well with Maine's DS.. a good weekend to you all.
        I ran 4 very slow miles this morning, trying to recover from yesterday's tempo and prepare for tomorrow's 15 miles. We had planned to make Turkey Marsala last night with the leftovers, and then abandoned the idea of more cooking and landed up at the local Irish Pub. I had a wonderful Stout and Steak Stew and WRFB had a burger. And really-good-beer. I'm sure we'll feel like getting back into the kitchen today. Sorry Tet - we haven't gotten organized to get a photo of my new running skirt. It's chocolate brown and trimmed with white along the hem and down the sides - if that helps.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Roy... a quikie with Woody... nice Big grin 6 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 1:01:34 (10:17 pace, AHR 133)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

anachrotech

Nice to see you back Roy. 2 miles today - and the Asics Foundation seem to be good - hurray. Smile Good runs all.

Hill Runner

Good morning folks, It's good to see you back Roy.. A drizzly, foggy morning here...44F, kind of a raw day but not bad for running. Trying to work off all the extra food from the holidays. Smile 16.56 miles of hills @ 9:14 pace, a good solid run today ...broke 1900 miles for the year. Good runs to everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Good Morning Everybody, Heat wave here with a balmy & drizzly 53F @ 8am, 33 warmer than Christmas morning Shocked Nice to have you back Roy & Woody too Smile Easy paced 5 miles around the neighborhood w/DW we passed 3 different dog walkers this morning & the dogs wanted to run with us Cool but they were on leashes. Breakfast pizza is ready now Big grin Egg beaters w/ sausage and cheese on pizza crust, yummy!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Hi Roy! Did a 10 mile boxing day race here in my old stomping grounds in Ontario. It was aboot -3C, maybe -1C at the end, a little bit of wind but less than it could have been. Had to walk up one of the big hills, oh well. After not running for 6 days and not much running the week before that, I took it really easy, GA pace, until the last two miles. I cranked it up for those but apparently not enough to even break 10:00 pace overall! Final time was 1:43??? can't remember. I had fun listening to those Canadian accents pre-race (I used to speak like that??? Surprised ), about 8 people I talked to or overheard punctuated their sentences with eh! "Have a good run eh!". Pretty much 8 out of 10 of the men had their tight tights on...so I enjoyed the sculpted scenery in the gym. Not much modesty here! Might get out today for 5 or 6 miles as it is 47F and rainy!! Travelling out this way, we almost spent the night camped out in the Chicago airport....yuck...our connecting flight was delayed 6 hours and left after midnight. Enjoy those frosty runs!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Roy... a quikie with Woody...
                    So I wasn't the only one to notice that Smile Like Roy, a three miler for me as well -- this week was scrambled a bit due to Christmas, and next week will be scrambled a bit due to some travel. Well, I'm ready for the long run tomorrow. 3.1 miles, 28:53, 9:12/mi, AHR 129 Enjoy the warmer weather, those of you who are getting it.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good to see Roy and Woody back! Like Lou and Harriet, I ran a short 4 miler today in preparation for 15 miles tomorrow. It was foggy and 50 degrees. I am a bit worried, though, as we are due for record heat tomorrow - highs of 76! I will have to get out and going early to have a chance of beating the heat.

Once a runner . . .

bike, that was another nice gesture for you with the restaurant workers. skip, it's nice you got to run with your sons. The Jogger, glad to have you posting and hearing your ankle's better. fatozzig, congrats on going over 1000 miles for the year. anachrotec, I'm glad to hear your shoes are working well for you. enke, nice 10 mile race. Nice long runs for perch (PR on hilly route), WRFB (and over 7000 lifetime miles), mariposai (TM speedwork and "more miles than degrees" outside), evan (in the cold with bad footing), and peter. Last night, the forecast for today was warm (good) but with wind, rain, thunder, and lightning (Oh darn). I figured that, in addition to that, the ice on the roads would be wet and extra slippery so was resigned to another TM day. I was really dreading the TM. When I woke up, it was about 50, just a light rain/mist and a moderate wind. I decided to go outside and see what developed, thinking that even a short run outside would beat a TM run. By the time I got out, the rain/mist had stopped and the roads weren't too bad - a lot of clear pavement and some wet ice/packed snow but my Yaks seemed to be gripping pretty well. As I poked along, I kept upping the distance I thought I would do, and after 4 or 5 miles decided I could do my normal 8. However, about mile 6 when I was a mile from home, the rain started up in earnest and there was lightning and thunder. I altered my plan to just get home and call 7 miles good for today. The frequent lightning and thunder the last mile made me nervous but I made it home. It took me a bit under 1:12:30 for a 10:20 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                        Mariposai

4 is the theme today. Four ezpz recovery miles before I start my on-call weekend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

A merry Christmas to the goyim out there and a happy Hanukkah to my fellow members of the tribe. Smile Best wishes to all today and on all days to come.
                            Hey, I'm both sides of that! Big grin Three days of non-running, and boy, is my liver tired! Dead Third set of guests left just a bit ago, and the only surprise is that my New Years guests had their work schedules changed and are now coming tomorrow for a few days instead of over New Years. It's all good though as they are runners. Mom did make it here for the whole visit that was planned. It went as well as could be expected. My MIL fried me to no end many times, but it was the best visit we ever had. Roll eyes Kids have been world-class well behaved. I'm not sure what I ever did to be so blessed. I have 17 mi to run before Dec. is out. So fellow masters/boomers, how should I make it happen? Lots of 4s and a 5, or should I go out there and find out what 17 mi feels like all consecutive? Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

I have 17 mi to run before Dec. is out. So fellow masters/boomers, how should I make it happen? Lots of 4s and a 5, or should I go out there and find out what 17 mi feels like all consecutive? Smile
                              In looking at your log, it seems like you did an 11 miles a few weeks ago. I would try to aim at going 13.1 (to make a HM Smile) and then you will have only 4 left. My 2cents.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Nono, go long and then short, as Mariposai advises. Mariposai, good going to keep that recovery run short. You did great yesterday. Maine, let's hear from you. We are concerned. Interesting about PeterNC hitting 1900. Very well done. When he posts those double digit runs, I would have thought he had run about 4,000 miles this year. He almost always goes long. Imagine being the brewmeister of that Irish pub when Lou and Harriet come in. That beer had better be good. Glad to see you up and about Roy; be careful. My run was bizarre. It was high 70's when I left the house for the park wearing a singlet and bringing along a long-sleeved shirt. By the time I got there, just 5 minutes away, the temperature had dropped, the wind picked up and it got cold all of a sudden. One half of the sky was black, purple and gray, the other side was bright sunny sky. Very strange. I parked in the lot and opened the driver's side door and almost lost my arm, as the wind picked it up and slammed it open. I knew we were in for trouble, so I drove to the Y, but the track is closed for painting. So I did 30 minutes of core and stretching, then tried to run from the Y. I got about 200 yards and all of a sudden the sky opened up and I got pelted with what I thought were rocks! Turned around and ran back inside, got my keys and was going to call it a day and go out this afternoon, when the hail abruptly stopped and the sun came out again! So all in all, I ended up slow jogging 4.5 miles, giving me another 30 mile week, third one in a row with no days off. TX weather is crazy. Spareribs