Masters Running

Friday, 8.28.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' kids.

There is so much to say, but all I'm going to say that I am very, very glad that it is Friday.

7.2 miles in 59 dry degrees under a star-lit but moonless sky this morning. Each mile was a little faster than the last, except for #5, which I missed by 2 seconds. So it goes.

Have a greta Friday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

What, no meetings?

3.8 naked miles this morning.  i packed my garmin for the trip to Maine and was too lazy to get it out.  Cool dry weather made it feel rather sproinky.  Since I don't know what my time was, I'm going to assume that it was fast.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya and happy last Friday in August!  Jay, hope you have a swell weekend.  And no meetings.

Just shy of 9 last night with Speedsters ('cuz I was just over 4 in the am, so a baker's dozen does that make.)  And 6 easy this morning; beautiful sunrise.

Really appreciate not having the sad feeling I used to get in August about summer nearing its close.  Sign of fall here; Sept. 5 5K starts at 7:30 am, not 7:00 .

ps: I think it's that time of year when I point out that there's a Portland (and a marathon) in Maine, y'all.  (I got that right, didn't I Stumps??)

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Dave59

I ran 5.11 miles today.  Trying to rally at the end of the month to hit my minimum 100 miles per month goal.  Should be easy to get if my legs hold up.

I was wondering if Erika is bothered by the large numbers of people who are spelling her hurricane with a "c"?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Huh?  Is stumps gunna be in the PM streak category too?
            Rare grey skies (second time of the summer) trying to sprinkle on-and-off in preparation for the supposed real deal in four or five months this weekend but not doing a very good job of it, . . . . . . , yet, so got in another 4. 5 morning miles before the PNW is back to normal. Maybe tomorrow.  We’ll see.
            ps dave - how much earlier is sunrise now that you’re on the sun rise side of the Eastern Time Zone instead of where you were where the supposed champions of the west of the ETZ are.  We'll see about that too next Thursday night, I guess.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Worked out at the gym yesterday and will be running tomorrow. Just loaded up the bikes so DW and I can take off this afternoon for a ride somewhere. For some reason we've been planning our routes so they pass near a Tim Horton's (which isn't hard considering that they're springing up like mushrooms around here lately).

Best wishes for the weekend racers!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

ps dave - how much earlier is sunrise now that you’re on the sun rise side of the Eastern Time Zone instead of where you were where the supposed champions of the west of the ETZ are.  We'll see about that too next Thursday night, I guess.

The shortening days make it hard to see a difference.  Plus, where I am now is only 2 degrees difference in longitude (from 84.24° to 82.29° ).

So the sunrise today in Midland, MI was 6:56 while here in Barboursville, WV was 6:54.

evanflein

I was wondering if Erika is bothered by the large numbers of people who are spelling her hurricane with a "c"?

Dave, I'm dealing with it. Actually, as long as it's being destructive and damaging, I'm totally fine with it. Although our Egret might feel otherwise.

I'm also very glad it's Friday. Starting the week off with that long trip kind of sapped me for the week. And coming off a couple of big weeks of running, I've been very sluggish as far as running goes too. I usually don't like to take more than one day off a month, maybe two. Not that I'm into streaks or anything (I'll leave that to Perchcreek), but I do like racking up 50+ mile weeks consistently. Here it is Friday, and I'm at 11.5 and starting to get a little twitchy.

Didn't run yesterday because we were having incredible wind all day, and it was cold! I kept thinking I'd go out later but kept having people walk in my office with various issues that needed attention. One is an audit being done by the feds who oversee our staff benefit rates for grants and contracts, so it's not something that can be put off till later when they need something. Anyway, near the end of the day was my best opportunity, but we had a retirement reception for our local chancellor at 5 so.... oh well, I'll have to see what I can do today.

We got down into the 30's last night and there was snow in Denali Park! I feel bad for Starr because our weather really has been crappy. August is frequently not great weather, but this year it's been pretty bad. Today will be in the 40's with only "scattered showers," and the wind has died down. I'll run later, maybe even home from work. Gotta see what I can do to salvage my mileage for this week!

SRD and feeling a bit burned out this week too - not from running, from life.

Just always stuff to do, and no time to relax. Like kids needing to buy birthday presents for parties at the last minute, and the constant house cleaning.  Hopefully tomorrow will be more relaxing, after I get a 12 miler in, that is.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

...Howdy Pardners.........

first day of being allowed to go up the stairs, so I thought I'd post.

as everyone told me,

the surgery went well,

felt 80% pain free even after the Drugs Wore Off

and

could go 40-min a day using my Walker so I did that for the next 14-days!!

have now got the ok to goto the cane

and

since they didn't know I have two of 'em

have been ''skiing'' around the house all  morning

ohboyohboy

.......................good running guys........................90% PainFree and Counting

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

...Howdy Pardners.........

first day of being allowed to go up the stairs, so I thought I'd post.

as everyone told me,

the surgery went well,

felt 80% pain free even after the Drugs Wore Off

and

could go 40-min a day using my Walker so I did that for the next 14-days!!

have now got the ok to goto the cane

and

since they didn't know I have two of 'em

have been ''skiing'' around the house all  morning

ohboyohboy

.......................good running guys........................90% PainFree and Counting

Had to look up the dancing banana for this one--

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Excellent news, TomW!!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Henrun

Way to go TW!

Marathon Maniac #957

ps: I think it's that time of year when I point out that there's a Portland (and a marathon) in Maine, y'all.  (I got that right, didn't I Stumps??)

Interestingly, there are three cities named Portland in Maine - New Portland, Portland, and South Portland.   Also, there are 14 states with a city named Portland in them.  However, I don't know how many of those host a marathon.

Okay, that took about all of my energy, so now I will crawl back to the sofa and hack and cough some more.

3 stubborn miles for me this morning, plus about 10 minutes of weights before I gave up.

TomWhite - yay!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Woot tomwhite! Excellent news and thanks so much for the update. We've all been wondering how you've been doing!!

(Thanks for the dancing banana, Stumpy! Totally called for!)