Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E SEPT 21ST (Read 323 times)

Early tallies today... Dark Horse- 21 miles + 2 ellip. + 200 pushups,situps + weights...nice week Dutchie- 27.3 K + 2.5K walk + 39K bike...solid evanflein- 32 miles...taper,taper,taper eliz-2.4 miles walk + 5 hours kayak + pilates...running will come back easy evryday-12 miles...Go Cowboys...You Betcha fatozzig-34.32 miles...great trail run...wish there were more in my area lyndenrunner- 24 miles...reverse taper nowor-17 miles + yoga + core...more running??? sweet pfriese-43.8 miles...way to go Paul tetsujin-10 miles...See you soon!!!
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-8@8:01 Tue-Rest Wed-4@8:35 Thur-Rest Fri-4@8:08 Sat-6@8:35 Sun-8@7:44 Total=30 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks LDR Mon....Go Cowboys........!!!...3 miles Tues...3 miles...............2 mile walk with Mrsday Wed...4 miles...............4 miles Thurs..rest.................3 mile walk with Mrsday...found 2 golf balls. Frid....3 miles...............see evryothrday at college Sat....xtrain................5K race Sun...4 miles................4 miles Total 14.1 miles running.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile I am busier this week but will do what I can. Monday: 7 miles on the treadmill Tuesday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 1 mile on the elliptical Wednesday: 7 miles on the treadmill, 2 rants on the daily thread Thursday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 1 mile on the elliptical Friday: 7 miles on the treadmill, National Guard duty Saturday: National Guard duty, 1 rant in its own thread Sunday: National Guard duty Totals: 21 miles on the treadmill, 200 pushups, 200 situps, 2 miles on the elliptical, 3 rants A little light on the strength work, but another solid week for me. 3 rants in one week may be a PR. Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! This is last week before Equinox on Saturday. I plan on taking it very easy and trying to do mostly pool running till Saturday. Sunday will be a travel day for my conference in MD. Monday: XT with 30 minutes of pool running Tuesday: XT with 40 minutes of pool running Wednesday: 4.5 miles at 8:19 avg pace, .3 mile walk. Thursday: XT with 30 minutes of pool running Friday: Rest or 2 miles Saturday: 26.2 miles Sunday: Rest/travel day Totals for the week:
              Thanks, Gordon. We need to do some more exploring re trails to run around here. I know they're out there. We just need to find them. I'm quite bored with the Arcata Community Forest, at this point. Will probably run Headwaters again this weekend, then I'd like to go out to Fern Canyon again. We'll see. In the meantime . . . Mon - 5.22 miles w/10:10 ap. At end of 5, did 4 30-sec hill sprints for .46 miles. Total: 5.68 miles Tues - Sick Dead Wed - 6.09-mile progression run. 10:13 ap Thurs - 6 one-minute strides (minimal mileage); 1 hour strength/core Fri - 8.11-mile long run in 1:26:03. 10:37 ap Sat - 12-miles (approx.) trail run at Fern Canyon Sun - Rest/Canning Tomatoes (so maybe not so much rest . . .) 31.88 miles

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

Hi Gordon. Can I play too? I've been trying to get organized... seems this might be a good way to do it. How much detail is typical? Or is there a typical? I looked at last week's thread, but it was hard to tell. btw. any news on your job?
                Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon, Mon....bike commute (13K), rest day Tue....bike commute (13K), had to be in the office early because of an intern and a course. Should've planned my rest day for today. Wed...6.5K run with Spooky. Waning moon. Plenty of light. Thu....early start in the office again. So a rest day for me. Fri......8.5K easy run. Temp's gone down considerably: 6C (42F). Chilly! Sat....8.5K this morning: 5K easy, then I was counting 5 trees fast, 5 trees recovery for approx. 2000 meters. And finished with another 1.5K easy home. Sun...darn, had to recover all day from yesterday's late party. I'm getting to old for that kind of thing. dg, guess you can give as much detail as you want to Smile

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks, Gordon - for keeping the thread and for the encouragement. Smile Monday - walked 1.0; ran 3.1 - first run since August 26 and it felt great to be back, so I guess I took off just long enough. Tuesday - a tiny bit of stretching Wednesday - walked 0.6; ran 3.5 Thursday - the last day, I hope, of major schlepping boxes and equipment from storage to my new classroom Friday - wild and crazy movement activities in every music class today that I'm calling cross-training Wink Saturday - does power shopping count as XT? what if I bought slacks in a smaller size than I can remember fitting into for over 10 years? Big grin Sunday - ran 4.0 and walked 0.6 Best weekly mileage since mid-August and can't blame the summer heat for not getting out there any more! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

ok.. this is a cut back week, including Sunday (yesterday)- but I won't add that here. Monday. 1 hr. verstegen prehab + assorted other things.................................. .done Tuesday 3.61 miles. ( running... walking i've stopped tracking just because of time) pre-run, movement prep. post-run, 40 min. (2 sets) weight machines, then stability ball reverse crunches, (2 sets of 16) side planks, (70 sec each side) & russian twists, (12 sets) stretches. ...... .....................done [insert. ended up being very sick today. came home from work at 1:30. so the rest of the week is iffy.] Wednesday prehab, callanetics, corework, explosive running. ha. sick. a few callanetics is all. that's all for now. back to bed. Sad thursday. still sick. i took a shower. i cut the grass. Roll eyes so this is what i get for trying to write this down. what i do is usually pretty steady. friday ... still sick but much better. am: gym, 3.06 miles, reverse crunches, stretches. pm. gym, 1 mile run, 3 sets on the weight machines, side planks (2 minutes) russian twists. saturday, sort of a rest day although most of the week was rest. 1 mile walk, 1 mile run w/pooch. sunday, about a mile walk, 9.07 mile run (a pr) 9:56 average pace, housework, sitting, eating. thanks Gordon. next week I'll try to be neater. nice columns. thanks Dutchie, I think I'll try your tree method. except when I run at the gym.
                      pfriese

DayPlanActualComment
                        Mondayrest dayrest day - done
                        Tuesday~5 miles running4.9 miles running - done9:42/mi avg pace
                        Wednesday~8 miles running8.25 miles running - done 9:39/mi avg pace
                        Thursday~5 miles running6.4 miles running - done 9:39/mi avg pace
                        Friday~8 miles running9.6 miles running - done10:07/mi avg pace
                        Saturday~5 miles running5 miles running - done 10:26/mi avg pace
                        Sunday~14 miles running15.2 miles runnig - done 11:57min/mi avg pace
                        Total~45 miles running49.4 miles running - DONE
                        Paul
                        nowor

Ahhh more IRC. M-5.5 mi T-strength and core classes W- 7.5 mi Th- yoga Fri-5 mi Sunday-apple picking Summary: 18 mi + stuff + apple picking. The last is sure to make a difference...on my waist line.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks lynden. taper week for me before fall marathon season starts.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)