Masters Running

TimBo's Craigslist profile - help him find a date! (Read 961 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

OK, as co-leader of the search committee to find Tim a girlfriend, I'm trying to draft a personals ad for the Muncie Craigslist. I need help with the wording. Here's my first draft: Single, attractive 49-year-old male seeks athletic woman for fun and companionship. I'm training for my very first marathon! If you think marathon runners are crazy, well, you might be right. I spend a LOT of time running, thinking about running, reading about running, and participating on a running forum. If you're not OK with that, then don't call. Oh, and one thing you might not know about marathon training: a good way to train when the race gets close is by NOT RUNNING. Yeah, that sounds counter-intuitive, but that's the part of my training that I'm in right now, and it makes me crazy... well, OK, even more crazy than usual. Clingy, dependent women with lots of cats need not respond.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Renee the dog

I like it. I think you should work the word "hot" in there though. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Top 'O the World!

Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          You might want to add that he prefers younger women - like say 5 year olds that can run 7 minute miles. You're welcome Tim ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

WOW, I am speachless...which is NOT very often Roll eyes What's does "Craigslist" mean anyways. Geez Bill, you make me sound like a perv Big grin But I do prefer younger wimmin..not to be picky though. nono, it needs to read "hawt"...not hot Tongue You know what's funny? There has never been one person who has guessed me to be in my 40's, and they are shocked when I tell them I am 49...they always say they think I am around 38 or so, till I show them my drivers license to prove it Cool Well, just a quick fly by, I have a ton of work to get done by 5:00 You guys are great....and nutty which I love. TimBO

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

I like it. I think you should work the word "hot" in there though. Big grin
              Yes, definitely, and say something about "fast" too. Well, actually, maybe you don't want to say that....not in this context, anyway..... Smile Tim - craigslist.com is a free classifieds website.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Yes, definitely, and say something about "fast" too. Well, actually, maybe you don't want to say that....not in this context, anyway..... Smile
                Big grin

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

nono, it needs to read "hawt"...not hot Tongue TimBO
                  TimBO, So true. I can't spell worth a darn. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

should probably add something to the effect of: "I like to run shirtless. ISO of female runner who also runs shirtless"

Tammy

Top 'O the World!

this ad would be worthless w/o pictures.... Big grin
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      wildchild

Carolyn

I think Tim's avatar picture works well - he's running, and shirtless... and hawt!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

someone that gets jealous of ALL his cyber girlfrens - need not apply!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm curious which category you're considering posting this--casual encounters? , strictly platonic? Evil grin and isn't a personal ad useless without the phrase "...long walks on the beach"? Is there a beach in Muncie?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Let's get a little more disriminating. So far, all we have is athletic, young, no cats, not clingy, and ok with a running dude. Non-smoker, right? How about other spare time activities, like reading, preparing brussel sprouts, building model airplanes, sipping wine, making beer, etc. Is it ok if she has a dog? Neat (might be fussy) or causal (might be sloppy) dresser? grins, A ps: now for me, the athletic teams of the person's choice is particularly important.......[we're goin' to Tampa oops! Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped]
                              Masters 2000 miles
                                you might add that women who like the number 55 (or is it 555) tattooed on arms and legs are preferred.
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM