Masters Running

AWARDS - 2008 December and yearly total Masters Miles (Read 624 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow - 2008 is almost over! Time to post your December mileage totals and PRs, and time also to reflect on your year of running and post your 2008 mileage totals and PRs. What's been your greatest accomplishment this year? How has 2008 compared to your previous years of running? What are your running goals for 2009? Yeah, if you answer all of these questions this will be a long thread, but that's OK! Or maybe we should start a separate thread for 2009 goals... Please post even if your mileage is low (or zero) - as promised last month, I'll be giving an award for lowest mileage for the month and year! TimBo, you have a good shot at lowest for December,but your total for the year is higher than most of ours. Smile Hard to believe we've been a running family here at RA for a whole year now! You guys are the best! photo of me running with Ladybug (left) and Tazzie (right) - taken by my daughter Kira

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Carolyn! December: 95.8 miles 2008 total: 1,064.5 miles! 2008 has been great, because of RA and my Garmin 305. I've been running for about 26 months now, and am starting to believe this habit is going to stick! Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement. I think a separate thread for 2009 goals is a good idea!
      PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

2,283 miles for 2008 - my lowest total since I've been keeping track. Wait 'til next year! -The spin cyclist

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Carolyn...very nice picture too Smile. Hey, I may win something Big grin, but would rather not get the lowest mile award Sad 16 miles Nov 1st on my Marathon attempt, then 0 miles the rest of Nov, and 0 for Dec being injured. But still ended up with.... YTD - 2061.8 PR's: 5k - 10k - 10 mile - 1/2 M....and my shortened 16 mile Marathon Black eye TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Wow, nice Tim. You take Nov and Dec off and still ran more miles than I did. 167.2 miles for December 2033.9 miles for the year 10K and HM PR's this year. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Bill. Heck, I guess I would have been around 2500 miles if all would have went better. I guess that is pretty good being my first year of serious - long distance running. Great job to you Buddie...and your running is going so very well right now. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

annied

Thanks Carolyn and Happy New Year to you and all here 2700 miles for 2008 79.6 miles for December--scaling it back to heal up and re-focus after months of intense training---all good CNYrunner

Hill Runner

Thanks Carolyn! December - 184.2 miles 2008 Total - 1924.7 miles A great year for me. I had two marathon PR's in 2008 - both by about 12 minutes. In October I PR'd and got my BQ for 2009 & 2010...I couldn't ask for a better year!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Henrun

Final tallies are in after we did a 2 mile snowy, windswept run! Henrun:129; YTD-1302: (Cycling-823) Marj:112;YTD-928.7: (Cycling-1608.3)
                        1801.8 miles
                        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Renee the dog

91 mi for Dec. 938 mi for 2008 1810 mi since starting running “for real” in Feb. 2006 What a year. Thanks to everyone here who endured my complaints in the daily of everything from my teething son, through my move, my Dad's death and my Mom's Christmas tribulations. I'm pooped. See you in 2009! Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

Carolyn, thanks for an excellent year of service on this thread! I appreciate it. December: 151 miles, including half-marathon PR of 1:39:01 2008: 1889 miles, a yearly mileage PR but well-short of my goal of 2000 miles (see below). A mixed bag for my running this year. Jan and Feb were good but work and life made the next three months minimal running months, ensuring I’d miss my goal of 2000 miles for the year. However, the last half of the year was excellent with good training and new PRs at the half marathon, 20-miler, and marathon distances. Most importantly, I stayed healthy all year. I felt best, though, about helping to coach DW to her first good consistent year of injury-free running, including her first ever 10-mile race and first half marathons. Smile In 2009 I’d like to: 1. stay healthy and run consistently 2. reach 2000 miles for the year 3. get a BQ marathon (3:30) Thanks again to everyone one here for your help and encouragement. This forum makes a big, big difference in my running.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning, and once again thanks to Carolyn for taking on this huge task. You rock! December miles: 114.8 Not as much as I would have liked, but I had a lot of personal issues this month YTD: 1517.7. That is a PR for me, and I'm happy as the old age clock is ticking towards 57. Today was the last day for low entry fees for the local marathon next May, so I signed up for the half. If I decide I have the motivation to train for the full, that's on my "bucket list." Goals for 2009? Like everyone, try to lose some weight, stay healthy, and keep running! Happy New Year everyone. Jeanne
                                Thanks again, Carolyn! Dec: 189.2 miles 2008: 2066 miles My only race PR was a 10 miler (Cherry Blossom in DC) 72:31 I ran 21 days in a row -- silly PR PR week (end of March) 57.0 miles PR month (March) 218.3 miles I think I posted my goals somewhere else. I have to look for them...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com