Masters Running

Sorta Sunny Monday Daily 10/15 (Read 399 times)

Tramps

Tramps - Thanks for the kudos re 3rd female, but there were only 3 women out of 14 running the 50k.  That's fine by me!  I've never placed in any event before, except last. Big grin

Shhhhh...don't spoil it!  It's an AG placement; just go with it!  Big grin

RCG--glad you had fun with the earpiece guy.  I can just see you cheering him on, "Go POTUS guy!" Wink

OM--ouch; hope all is okay the day after the fall.  And I had no idea who Winsor McCay was until I followed your note.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn—I wouldn’t bother adding the 0.22 to my run; 22 miles is plenty long!

Despite all that, she managed to snag 3rd (of 11) in her AG and thoroughly enjoyed the after-race beer garden stocked with Fat Tire. Smile

I didn't add an extra 0.22 miles - when I got back to the trail head my Garmin said 22.17 miles - so it was only an extra 0.05 to make 22.22.   I couldn't resist!  I felt pretty strong on the last uphill mile, too - reminded me of the long uphill finish (5 miles!) at the Wyoming marathon.

Congrats to Tribee on her 3rd place finish! 

I think if I got to shake hands with the president and he asked me how I was doing, I wouldn't be able to think of anything coherent to say.  Joking  Although he's probably used to having that effect on people.

Dave, hope you feel better soon!  Glad you got to visit your DD.  I'm visiting mine next weekend!

Working at home today, because all the managers are off at a 3-day manager's meeting, so why bother to commute?  Took the dogs for a 4 mile RAL.  Legs feel pretty good today.  This is the last high-mileage week before taper time.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bushrat Runner

5K at lunch...cold and windy but pretty out there with all the new and newly drifted snow.

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - I meant to say, nice racing!  Did you post a report?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Not yet, but I will.  I had a great time out there!  It was the perfect end to a long season. Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

5 miles in the foggy PNW this morning, beat the rain...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Mariposai

Ran 2 miles to the park, 1.5 miles of walking with my friend.

It was drizzling during my outing. 

Still waiting for that rain to get here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard