Masters Running

Donna (Read 293 times)

TomD

Donna just wanted me to let you all know she is thinking about all of you. She is just done in with the Chemo. She thought she could work part-time, but she can hardly get up to go to the bathroom. She hopes to be back to her old self sometime after Easter. She has her last Chemo treatment on Good Friday. The last two nights had been very bad, but today she is much better. Although she has not fallen down this week her balance is not very good. She sort of falls into a chair. It takes alot out of her to do just very simple things, like just walking to the bathroom or getting something out of the refrigerator. TomD
      Hang in there! Keeping you both in my thoughts. Hugs to you both. Skip
      evanflein

I sure hope that after her last chemo treatment she can really focus on getting better. That is one of the ironies about chemo... the treatment of the illness makes the patient so ill, it's very very hard to get through. She's a fighter though, and has you to support her every step.
        dg.

Tom, please let Donna know I've been thinking about her too. And you too, of course. Thanks so much for keeping us posted, & thank you Donna for thinking about us. I can't really imagine what it must be like to go through this. I hope now the chemo is past you feel better quickly. Hugs from me too.
            thanks for the update Tom -- i've been keeping you both in my prayers!! ((hugs))

denise

nowor

Donna, Chemo is like running hills, really tough but you will be stronger after gutting it out. Rest is good. Your body needs it. Thinking of you and Tom.
              busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks for the post Tom. Hugs to both of you.
                -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                also on Twitter
                  Hugs to you both. Keep up the good fight, Donna. You're makin' it, girl!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Donna has continued to be in our family's thoughts and prayers.

SteveP

Donna and Tom, continued good thoughts going your way. Take care. TomS
                      coastwalker

Hi Tom, Thanks for the update. I can only imagine how difficult this is for Donna (and for you), and hope that she'll turn a corner when the chemo is finished. You are both incredibly strong, so continue to be tough, and you'll get through this. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Thanks for the update, Tom. Of course, let Donna know we are all rooting for her recovery.

Be safe. Be kind.

((Donna and Tom))

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

TammyinGP

Thank you for the update. I know both of your lives are so consumed with other stuff right now so I really appreciate the periodic updates you give us. You are both on my mind alot. I will pray for strength and healing for Donna as well as strength for you. I know this totally zaps all your emotional energy as well. {{Tom and Donna}}

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks for keeping us posted, Tom. {{{hugs}}} to you both.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."