Masters Running

Thanks! (Read 44 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning!   Rushing off to catch a plane home (work tomorrow) but had to check in to say Thank You all for your good wishes and support.   Knowing you would be tracking our splits helped me run steady.

What a spectacular day for Boston!   I was in tears several times; the crowds were brilliant.

grins,

Aamos

ps: sayhey Tag, that's a date and you choose what flavor.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

coastwalker

Hi Aamos,

I'm so glad that you had such a good race yesterday. And I'm glad that you didn't steel yourself away from the emotions of the day. Running a marathon (especially this one) can be as much of an emotional event as a physical and mental one, and I think that catches a lot of people by surprise.

I hope you have a restful and joyfully-reflective flight home, and that you enjoy your ice cream date!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

What an awesome race you ran yesterday Amos! Second in your AG. At THE Boston Marathon. Unbelievable. Can't wait to read all about it. Have a safe flight home!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

You're more than welcome.  I'm going to shamelessly milk the fact that I know someone who took an AG award at Boston.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Wonderful racing Amy!!! You are such a rockstar and one of the most humble people I know. So proud to call you my friend and still honored to this day that you ran a pokey slow marathon with once upon a time.

Tammy

C-R

Great race Amy! Safe travels home.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You are such a rock star Amy! Fantastic race and so well done. We can all learn from your running, racing, and just pure joy.

It's been far too long since I've seen you and we need to find a race to do together---like see each other during the race and run together.

Cheers and come back soon!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Anyone have an application for Guinness Book of Running Records?
                   . . . not only PR’d the Boston Marathon ten years after her first running in 2004

(out of eight outings to date) but achieved her highest overall and gender rankings

in 2014 to say nothing of second place age group (to go along

with nearly 100 AG wins in 130 marathons since 2003. 
                  Ps - no particular reason but did you find that Fountain of Youth in Florida after all?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Congrats on a great Boston and 2nd in AG.  What an accomplishment.

TomS