Masters Running

Wed Oct 22 Runs and Workouts (Read 535 times)

Good morning, everyone! Spareribs is in Maryland this week and was able to come by for dinner and a couple of beers last night. He was kind enough to endure the tour of my brewery, PDR's garden and our workout room, but we did spend most of the time by the bar and at the dinner table catching up. It was really a lot of fun. At one point during the brewery tour, he asked, "How many refrigerators do you have?". When I fumbled with the answer, I was compared with a certain politician who couldn't remember how many houses he had. Smile This was just before Mariposai called, and we had a good time talking with her as well. I hope he has time to sightsee in Frederick today -- it really is a pretty city with plenty of history to study. But we were so happy he found time to visit. Now if we can only get The Saint here... 6.2 miles, 51:39, 8:23/mi, AHR 140

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning! Sounds like a very enjoyable evening Lou. So, how many refrigerators DO you have?? Nothing for me today. I was going to do 2 or 3 outside, then 2 or 3 inside, then I just realized that I am not up for it. Feeling a bit nervous - even though it is a small procedure this morning I am basically a baby. So I guess I am on hiatus for a few days - but I'll still be keeping track of you guys. Especially Tim during his taper time!! Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning... Glad you had a nice visit with Ribs. I'm sure that it was a very nice time with some good conversation...he didn't bad mouth me did he Tongue...impressive bar area there Smile Big Hugs to "our" Mary...I am sure everything will be just fine...you better not take a hiatus here, even it you don't run girl!!! Sorry Erika...what a bummer Angry 4 easy miles last night with some phone pole to phone pole striders to get the HR up. Was still sore and tired from the past weekend runs. No taper madness yet, as I am enjoying the easy days for now. Well, quick fly by as I need to get my Tech's payroll done...they are picky about that come payday Big grin Have a wonderful Hump Day all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning early risers. 4.1 miles on the dreadmill at a 9:15 pace with some free weights and ab work at the Y. A comfy 41F here and I should have run outside - sometimes it's just nice to not run in the dark every day. Lou - what a great picture. What kind of beer are ya'll drinking? Your "pub area" looks awesome - did you do the work yourself? Tell Spareribs we miss him. Sad Mary - the best of luck today - I'll say a prayer that everything goes well. Tim - 4 miles must be a cakewalk for you. How are you handling running these shorter, easier runs? Hoping for a call from DS#2 this evening - he's almost done with boot camp and is looking forward to "wintering in Pensacola." Have a great Wednesday, everyone.
            Good Morning! Sounds like a very enjoyable evening Lou. So, how many refrigerators DO you have??
            Uh, eight. Or nine if you count the powered cooler we have: Brewery: 2 Bar: 3 Kitchen: 1 Garage: 1 (or 2 with the cooler) Workout Room: 1 Was it your birthday? I think I missed it, but happy birthday! Tim - he talked about how fast you are, and that we all need to remember hold back a bit at the start of a marathon (really, all of us need to remember this). Your taper will go well -- try not to go crazy Wink

I love a home with many refrigerators! Nice picture. 5.75 easy recovery miles at 9:50 min/mile pace. Saving the energy for the tempos tomorrow. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Uh, eight. Or nine if you count the powered cooler we have: Brewery: 2 Bar: 3 Kitchen: 1 Garage: 1 (or 2 with the cooler) Workout Room: 1
                OK. I officially have refrigerator envy.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

To think I just have one refrigerator! Cry What do you people all do with all those refrigerators? Confused I was supposed to do six miles with my TP this morning but last night I felt horrible with a sore throat and feverish. I called her and told her I would probably bail this morning which I did. I still feel ill but not as bad. Hopefully I can return to the road tomorrow. The weather here in CT has turned really cold. Ok, not as cold as it is going to get but geez the drop has been fast. Yesterday when I started my run it was only 34° out. I am getting a little worried about the weather for the marathon. The early forecast is not great. It could be in the low 40's and raining. Please no . . . Dead Good running everybody.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

...he didn't bad mouth me did he Tongue...
                    No, Tim, I’m quite sure it was ME that got that treatment...Big grin Mary - hang in there. I'll be thinking of you today as well, and saying a prayer that all goes well. 4.05 easy-paced miles outside today in 32 degrees, including 8 x 100M striders, followed by this on the TM: (2 min. 8:06/1 min. 9:40) x 9 7.20 miles total. Some of you folks just spin off these workouts like they're nothing, but I feel like toast. Dead

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Some of you folks just spin off these workouts like they're nothing, but I feel like toast.
                      Holly I promise, that if you stick to the speed work you WILL get faster, and the workouts will get easier and you will learn to love um....I sure do Cool Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Holly, That workout you did was essentially 9 Repeats of 1/4 mile each with a short 60 second rest interval between each. That is a tough, hard, excellent workout. If you're not tired after that one ... well, trust me. I would be. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

To think I just have one refrigerator! Cry I am getting a little worried about the weather for the marathon. The early forecast is not great. It could be in the low 40's and raining. Please no . . . Dead
                          Get a grip Twocat...remember alot can happen between now and then...I just looked on line and it has already changed since yesterday...now the 2nd is a partly cloudy day sandwiched between two rainy days. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and remember we can't control the weather. Speaking of cold, it has been pretty cold and raw in the northeast hasn't it, I've been wearing long sleeves and gloves these last few afternoons to take the chill off. I'm just hoping the rain dies down for my easy five mile run this afternoon. Great photo Lou, Ribs looks pretty good for an old curmudgeon don't you think? You and your DW look pretty good too! Wink
                            I had to go into work in the middle of the night for an hour and a half...couldn't sleep at all...no run today...will try to stay awake while driving my forklift at work...
                            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Top 'O the World!

Uh, eight. Or nine if you count the powered cooler we have: Brewery: 2 Bar: 3 Kitchen: 1 Garage: 1 (or 2 with the cooler) Workout Room: 1 Wink
                              I feel soooo much better now! Was feeling guilty about our "six." Blush {{{{{Mary}}}}}}}} still sitting around w/my foot up...I haf no fingernails left...well, I guess I didn't have them anyway, so that's nothin new...stormy out, so I got a massage yesterday....bicycle later ~ maybe...
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                                To think I just have one refrigerator! Cry What do you people all do with all those refrigerators? Confused
                                Well 4 of them are dedicated to beer. That doesn't include the third one in the bar which has some beer, but some wine and soda, or the one in the garage which we use for overflow from the kitchen for the freezer, but mostly has commercial beer.