Masters Running

Wed End-of-July Daily (Read 42 times)

evanflein

Tammy, I really feel for you. We had a summer like that a few years ago and it was awful. The air was totally grey / brown and I didn't even go out to the garden without a vented air mask. Bleh. We've had smoky times in summers since, but not that bad. And for as warm and dry as this summer has been, we've only had a few really smoky days. Hope yours get better soon!

8.3 miles tonight after work, 82F and beautiful out there. Love these warm summer days, just wish I didn't have to work! Ended up at DH's office, took the truck over to the community park where the half marathon sign up was taking place. Handed over my $20 and got my tech shirt and bib #. With the after-race barbecue and awards, this race is about the best race value in town. Too bad the course isn't real fun. Oh well, they can't all be Gold Discovery Run or Equinox type fun courses!

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - nice to see you!

Tammy - bummer about the smoke.

Steve - if you will be using the rain to clean your body as well as your clothes, might want to warn your neighbors...Big grin

6.1 recovery paced miles for me on Wednesday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."