Masters Running

FRIDAY Nov. 14 Runs - anybody? (Read 730 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Geez, I thought by the time I got to work a thread would have been started for today ..... by a Runner! No run for me today. I don't mind running in the rain as long as it is a light rain and fairly warm. Today was pouring down rain and high winds. No thanks. Of course by 6:30 when it is too late for me to run it is clear and no wind ..... TRAMPS - I will pay you to take the umbrella hat. DH left for deer camp - he'll never know as long as no one tells him!! Wink TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Mary! 10.1 easy paced miles at 9:05 min/mile pace. I felt pretty good till about 6 or so. Then the legs began to feel tired so I eased off and coasted home. I guess I still need a few more days till the post Race leg syndrome passes. DW and I are going up to UF tomorrow morning to see DS and to catch the Gators game. Sunday morning up there is supposed to be in the low 30s. I guess I better pack my cold weather Gator gear! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hill Runner

Good morning Mary & Bill, I'll post another no run today, still feel like carp but I think I am starting to feel a little better this morning. I received my official Boston Acceptance email today so I'm officially IN!...my training will officially start this Sunday if I feel better. Good runs to all today...off to work! PS...Tramps good luck on you marathon, you are going to do well!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

I received my official Boston Acceptance email today so I'm officially IN!...my training will officially start this Sunday if I feel better.
          reason to celebrate......
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Woo-Hoo! Congrats Peter!! Cool ~~ Oh, the weather outside is frightfull.....~~ let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....~~ 39* F (real feal 17*) 20mph winds, heavy snow (at the moment)....blizzard-like conditions just a little east of here....ah, I'm still watching it & drinking coffee.... Wink....supposed to 'warm up' to 39* & stop snowing by early afternoon...
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              I think Bill is smarter than I am post-Race. He knows when to back off. I tend to get niggling minor pains which last and last. Peter -- Congratulations! I'm looking forward to meeting you in Boston! Hey, NAR Mary! Today's run was 3 recovery miles, as planned. 3.2 miles, 29:24, 9:20/mi, AHR 131 Is anyone racing this weekend? (Hi, Tramps! Did someone say "running in the rain"? Take a gander at these) Best of luck to all the racers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Great photos of rain running! That is why we run in the rain. You always want to mimic race conditions in your training. You never know..... Nice pics, Brewte. (I'm still laughing at that.)
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Good luck Tramps! Congrats Peter! 7 mi this morning with Renee. Accuweather said it was going to rain some more so I put on a singlet and a very light pullover. You already know where this is going -- yep, had to strip off the pullover and wear it around my waist Shocked as the sun came out 1.5 mi into the run...and it was 57 when I went out there. Thank goodness I put the singlet on as I'm not as brave as Tim and willing to run topless. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

Aamos—that’s an amazing—and infuriating—story evryday and nonoruns—Thanks for noticing. Wink Tammy—that caffeine story is funny and scary at the same time. Peter—feel better soon. Woo hoo, Boston! Brewte Lou—nic pics! Inspiring...I think. Confused You guys are funny about rain gear. (Carolyn, of course I know everyone’s kidding!) I’ve achieved a zen-like tranquility about the weather. It will be warm (mid-upper 60s), humid (100%), blustery, and soggy. I will run. I will be warm, humid, blustery, and soggy. Be the rain. And no, I will not wear an umbrella hat....with or without duct tape. Roll eyes 3.2 miles @ 8:29 in drizzling rain. This concludes the training part of the program. Big grin Onward!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

And no, I will not wear an umbrella hat....with or without duct tape. Roll eyes
                      Damn.... Aamos - You were in my dreams last night (sorry guys). Wink I can't remember what it was about, other than a book was involved. You are definitely on my mind with all you are going through.

~Mary

~unknown

5 easy miles with T... I will not run topless either as I would probably get arrested for scaring people(or is that scarring people). Somehow I have to stop eating...
                        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          Tramps good luck with the race and most of all with the weather! Wishing you fleet and not too soggy feet! hopeful4ever non-runners unite! breger1, WillRunForBeer and all the others that get to run today I am so jealous! Peter NC congratulations on your confirmation's arrival! See you in Boston! Mtnchk1 so does that mean you plan to run if it does stop? Brrrr . . . Day whatever in the 40/0 club for me. But my hamstring does feel better, at least when it is not being asked to run! So hopefully that is a sign that I can start running again next week. If not, well there is the week after. This is the one good thing about not having a target race in the near future. While I am not really all that happy about this non-running bit I can do it without a lot of anxiety at the moment. Plus, there is the fact that I got in my non-run before that biketm guy did! Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Tramps – I LOVE warm rain! Although I wear a hat, to keep the water from running into my eyes and pulling out my contacts. But 60s with rain will keep you much cooler than 60s without rain. You will do great! Today is usually a rest day/x-training day for me, but given that my weight is now at that Oh-My-God place on my weight range, I decided to throw in a couple easy-paced miles to help offset my apparent inability to stop eating... 4 recovery-paced miles (10:31), plus dumbbell curls, shoulder presses, glute raises, bent rows, bench step-ups, push-ups, and crunches.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Somehow I have to stop eating...
                              ... miles to help offset my apparent inability to stop eating...
                              I think we need to start our own club here .... I'm simply outta control!

~Mary

~unknown

Here's a thought... When I first started at CR,they had a program called...COUCH TO 5K Here in the Master's forum we have the...MARATHON TO COUCH PLAN!!!
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip