Masters Running

Weekly Newbies. Welcome More Runners. Where are you guys? (Read 590 times)

Starting up a new thread. Hoping to get more runners in on this one. Come on Newbies. Lets get our thread going strong again. Where is everyone? This is taper week for me with the Hartford womens triathlon on Sunday. I dont want to go into it sore, injured or worn out. I wasnt even go to do it but one of my running partners from the club wanted to do it. So I am joining her. Bad news is my tri partner, Kim, wont be able to do it. Good news is since Kim is out I get to use her fancy new carbon fiber bike. Short 13 mile ride on Monday. Very sore after wards. 45 minute swim Tues. No pain today so I will take it easy and swim again tomorrow. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Laurie! I'm just getting nervous about my HM in10 days. I wish I were more prepared, but that's life - can't avoid injuries sometimes. Tomorrow night I'm going to a FREE clinic put on by Jeff Galloway. There's a 45-minute group run beforehand, and I'm trying to decide if I should do it. If there weren't any other slow runners, I'd feel out of place. Today I 'm going to run at our HS XC course while DS16 and DD10 are both practicing. DD10 is starting a local progrm put on by community rec. I was going to sit in the car to wait for them, then it dawned on me that I could use the time to better advantage. Have a great day!
      lswife

Hi, people! I'm still here, sitting in my kitchen after a "healthy" breakfast at Cracker Barrel, completely ignoring running for the last week or so. Every day there is an excuse but I know I need to get back with it. I may not post much but I check out the thread daily to see how everyone else is doing.
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

i've been reading, just not writing much. we're doing 6 to 6 days to make sure everything is finished by Friday in white plains, so I'm afraid i don't have much time other than eating and sleeping. I'll probably miss running the whole week. Laurie--good luck on your tri. is this a sprint or a longer version? tesesa--good luck on your 1/2, also. i think you've built a good base, so you should be able to do well. Roberta--no excuses Wink I would never use any (just don't read above) everyone else--hi and good runs and health to all. my afternoon break is over and I need to get back to work. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

xor

I'm going to a FREE clinic
            I went to the free clinic once. Had to wait a really long time.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sr, you're a newbie? Or are you just being supportive? Smile
                Argh! Getting back into the school year is more exhausting that I remembered, even when it's all good. Getting the new classroom organized is taking way more time - and stamina - than I'd planned. I did manage a 2-something mile walk on Monday, and I'm going to do some yoga tonight. Hoping to run tomorrow and will definitely run and/or PADDLE at the shore on Saturday! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

xor

Sr, you're a newbie? Or are you just being supportive? Smile
                  Sorry, I was just being myself. Supportive, but with a twist. I show up and make bad jokes. I thought for a few hours that I killed this thread and I felt kind of badly about that. I'll go now. Technically, I guess I'm not a newbie.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Technically, I guess I'm not a newbie.
                    ......really...???? Smile Smile I needed some humor at work at this time of the day!! Francesca
                    dg.

Sorry, I was just being myself. Supportive, but with a twist. I show up and make bad jokes. I thought for a few hours that I killed this thread and I felt kind of badly about that. I'll go now. Technically, I guess I'm not a newbie.
                      bad jokes & anything with a twist are just what we need. welcome welcome. besides, we can pick your brain. ( "technically"? Roll eyes ) ok, hi everyone. Laurie & Linda, thanks for your concern last week. I really do think what I'm doing is close enough to the right amount, because my hamstrings are getting better. Sunday they didn't hurt at all when I startd, & not much at the end. 8.4 miles in the rain, which was fun. haven't done that in a while. Monday was crosstraining, tues. was 4.8 miles + weight machines, today crosstraining & a massage. Smile so. now I'm all caught up. Linda, how's your breathing? Mike, your turn.
                        Stopping by to wish everyone a great day and happy running! Teresa, I hope you do the Galloways group run before his clinic. And have a great 1/2 M!
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          Theresa, I heard the Jeff Galoway clinics were awesome. I think his approach really works. If any of us are ready for a half its you. Are DD or DS running it? L's, Hows the foot? Heres the encouragement to get out there. Run walk if you have to. But get out there and do something. Deb, I think youre right in cross training. It gives the leg a rest and works other muscles. Jeajous of the massage though. I could use one about now. Eliz, if the start of the school year is hard on parents and students it must be doubly (tripply) hard on you guys. Are you still happy with your decision to stay? My DD21 just told me she is going to get a teaching cert. What words of advice should I give her, besides dont, which I already told her. Welcome Francesca and Senior Lopez. Humor is what we need about now. Welcome back Evryday. Glad to see you still around. Yesterday was rest day for me. I ran one lap with the soccer team. Alergies exploded and I went to bed at 8pm. Today I can breath but not much better. I think a swim wont hurt. A soak in a hot tub would really help. Kevin, its a sprint distance. 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile trail run mostly flat. Its going to kill me either way. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Rindaroo

Hey all - This week is crazy at work again, & its not even the quarter end yet! I'm getting scared for next month... I have managed to get on the treadmill Tues & today.. but breathing hasn't been too good.. so I decided to do a fat burn program on my treadmill.. I set it to go to 4.0 max, up to grade 5 & first day was 20 minutes, second day was 30 minutes. Was able to run a little bit between 3.7-4.0 both times, first day 6 minutes, second 9 minutes. Then today I ran 6 minutes at 3.8 afterwards.. Interestingly enough it was WAY easier to run in the fatburn program then at a consistent speed for me & my breathing. So, I have two choices go back on meds or use the fatburn program & increase running by slowing increasing the max speed. Deb - Breathing is not so hot.. actually its fine walking around, its just the exercise that I'm struggling at. If there is no smoke this weekend, I was thinking about going outside & see what happens... at least my breathing would not be consistent like on the treadmill (when I don't do the f/b program). Laurie - hey there.. to answer your question about the 504 plan. they are also called IEP plans. Have you heard of those? It is a plan for kids with a disability, and the school agrees to do some accomodations for the kids. For example, my son is ADHD. He had a lot of problems last year due to attention deficit issues.. he is really bright, but forgetting things & not being organized on a much larger scale than a normal kid creates big problems for him. Typical things they do for ADD kids are check-ins (on their progress, getting homework done & turned in), splitting up projects into a daily to do list, making sure they don't forget things to take home... etc.. Right now, we are just waiting on his pediatrician to supply the diagnosis to the school. Hey to everyone else! I am running late, so gotta jet!
                            xor

Senior Lopez
                              I'm 42. Now where's my cane? (The 'sr' is for neither senior nor senor.)

dg.

I'm 42. Now where's my cane? (The 'sr' is for neither senior nor senor.)
                                everytime I see one of your race reports I start hearing something from "Double Trouble".