Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.11.14 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Slo, congrats on RDing a race - I know you'll do a great job and have a blast.

Great news about Marj's DD and Henry!!

Wildchild, what that property owner did IS criminal.

Our cat gets depressed whenever we bring out a suitcase because she knows what's coming. A cat I had years ago would unroll a roll of TP onto the floor whenever I went away - his way of showing his displeasure.

The crisis with our Oct. 5K is about 95% resolved. I have to go to a meeting on Monday evening where it should get wrapped up completely. Thank you all for your support. I haven't been that stressed in decades, and I'm fine if I never have to go through something like that again. (Leslie, it is our half marathon that has gone from a loop to a point-to-point this year. It's been a logistical challenge, but we're getting it done. The proof, of course, will be on race day.)

I went for a massage before last night's meeting, and I needed it, especially after the stress of the previous 24 hours. She really worked me over, and I'm still a little tender this morning. So I just went for a very short (2.5 mi) easy RW workout, just to stay loose for tomorrow's Reach The Beach race/adventure/party. One of the vans leaves our house at 5:15 this afternoon, and I can't wait to see everybody, and for the fun to begin!

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

Good morning teammate Jay and all those who follow.

Rest day fir my wings today. Race bag is packed, van decorations ready, hydration supplies for two vans ready to go.

Twocat and I are getting ready to go pick up van 1 then we will pick up the CT runners and then off to pick up Denise. The rest of the team will meet at Jay.

Have i said how exciting I am.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Slo, congrats on RDing a race - I know you'll do a great job and have a blast.

Thanks Jay...This will be the 7th running of this particular race. In the past the board of directors RD'd the race themselves. Last year kinda blew up in thier face and they relized they needed to something different.

For this first year I am not making any big changes other than bringing organization to the process. Same route, same date...but those are two things that will need to change going forward.

Nov 23rd is the date so we are have reached the point where we need to start getting busy.

No run this am...Temps plummeted to low 40's, windows wide open. A nice warm body next to me, to comfortable to move from there.

Dave59

An easy 4.27 miles for me.  Looking forward  to an evening of ripping up a layer of concrete that was underneath the tile I ripped up weeks ago.  We finally got someone to do the floors and he wants us to get the old concrete out of the way.  I knew this day was coming.

BlazinCajun

Wildchild - glad they caught the creep.

Slo_Hand - Cleaning gutters in the middle of the night sounds like something I would do as long as the threat of lightning was zero. Warm bodies are nice!

Tselbs - nice mid 60°s run - looking forward to our temperature drop this weekend.

Morning Jay - congrats on taking time for a massage

Rosie Riuz Fan Club - good luck this weekend - nice photo of twocat and mariposai

TW - good job on the blood work

Dave - have fun on the floor project with no unforeseen complications

Repetition work out last night and a little over 7 miles on the logging trails this morning. Back under 160 lbs. since mid 2012

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

Henrun

Good luck to the Rosie Ruiz team!!!

I did it-first run in over one month. Did 1.5 miles on reservoir path-started slowly and then sped up (with Marj's encouragement as she walked beside me) and felt OK at end.

And Marj's DD coming home today. We'll be up to visit on Sunday.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Wildchild - so the guy took shotgun start literally?  Yikes.  Yes, an arrest is in order.

We visited the 9-11 memorial on vacation in NY this summer - very moving.

Good luck to the Reach the Beachers - have a great time!

Reality check for me - last night, I did 10 miles on the TM in 75 minutes.  Now my right hip is quite sore.  It was sore after last Sunday's long run too.  Can I trade in my body for a newer model please?

mrrun

good luck to RTB team and we know you'll have fun - looks like great weather!   sorry we can't be there at the finish, but as henry said we'll be back in NH on sunday (you could run for another day....)

tet - hope your DD is better soon.

PBJ - younger bodies - YES!

wildchild - definitely a criminal act

ran a total of 5 in the opposite direction of the reservoir from henry

marj

King of PhotoShop

Glad to hear the two pieces of good news in the henrun family.

Funny how the weatherman affects our expectations.  Yesterday all they talked about was the cool front coming in this morning and the Saint and I were so eager to get out and run this morning, but it was 80 and steamy at 7 a.m. and the front is stalled out west, so we slogged through 5 warm and humid miles, then congratulated ourselves for getting it done.

Have a ton of work to do today but because it's CNYrunner's b'day the whole family is taking the day off, eating cake and stuff.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

funny how everyone’s posts about the pluses and minuses of our own individual days help in dealing with our generation’s day of infamy and archaic attitudes towards domestic violence even with apparently irrebutable video evidence dominating the sports stations.  good job everyone!
                      Last super-swim of the summer under the supermoon, 
                      Other moon lovers on the beach eyed me out
                      of the corners-of-their-eyes same as some runners
                      do my feet.  I think they were thinking, “awesome.”

ps marj - nothing wrong with DD but symptoms remain.
                      I think/hope it is extreme stress from job change.

Happy Birthday CNY Karin.

You make it a great day for all of us.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Happy birthday CNY!!!!

new age group - enjoy

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday to Karin!!  You will ROCK the new AG!

Jay, Slo, Mariposai, and all the rest of you brave souls who take on being a race director - I have immense respect for you.

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

When I was gone over the weekend, DH and the kids ate out almost every meal.  When I arrived home, DS said, "I'm sure glad you're home, Mom, I have really missed home cooked meals."   Have I mentioned how much I love that boy?  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I also applaud all the RDs on here!

So excited to hear news ot the Relay....jealous about the RA folks getting to meet each other and have so much fun together.

I forgot my glasses today, so if you see a typo.....

I did 5.2 miles under the moonlit morning.  Beautiful.

I did the last 1/4 mile at 7:58 pace, I think.  Need to download the data still.  I love running fast, but something kind of suddenly stretched in my foot during that "sprint".  Must be careful.

Starr asked so I will update.  Things going well with Mr. C. as he is back now from vacation.  We will be at my cabin this weekend  and we hope to hike one of the big mountains out that way.  We have an issue to resolve though - and that is my dog hates his dog.  Hopefully we can train them to get along this weekend, or else I guess Mr. C. will get the boot (JK!)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

henrun, it's great to hear you got in your first run in over a month.  CNY, happy birthday.

Nice long runs for mari and Twocat and PBJ.

This morning, it was about 50° and there was a little wind.  It was 5 miles at an 11:31 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

17.5 a day before relay?  you guys are gluttons for punishment!

I did a drive down to the Cape and back up to NH to warm up for the drive north.  I have a trunk full of stuff to go--hope the van is big.  1/2 hour left of pretending to work and using the network to catch up on important stuff.  But I got my 8 hours in by leaving at 6:30am

looking forward to a fun and likely intense 2 days.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.