Masters Running

Private message to aamos about your 107 marathons (Read 369 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Guess who just realized he has 107 marathons too? . . . except it only took you five years vs. 32 years for him. . . . and you’ll have 108 this weekend (Deadwood or somewhere else for some reason?) Guess who got to meet you 100 marathons ago in your #7 (my, I mean, his 65th) Guess who last saw you in your 38th (his 82nd)? Guess who wants to see you again? <>www.seattlemarathon.org.www.rnrseattle.com)> Any other goals, e.g. seven continents, all PNW mary's, nine planets, highest/lowest, etc.?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

Here's my private message to Aamos: The mud elephant Wading through the deep blue sea Will never leave tracks 107+107 = 6.02 * 10^23

evanflein

Private message to Tetsujin and Aamos.... you two are awesome. Amy, can't wait to meet you in NY!! Tetsujin I'll see you at RnR Seattle if not before!!
          This is all very deep. Confused So I clicked on the R&R link and this music starts! I don't know about 40 bands, except perhaps it would be an incentive to run fast to get past some? I've never done a R&R marathon--I enjoy the peacefulness of running long distances. Here's a plan. DH is now back to jogging. As you may recall, he is a UPuget Sound alum and was stationed in WA while in the army. I'll put it to him, being that he is the R&R fan in the family (big Eric Clapton and Yes fan, among many), would he want to set a half-marathon goal and do that race. As soon as we have a decision, I'll check back in. And you are just too wonderful, jon, to post this. Thanks for making my day! grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
            Oh Please please please, pretty please!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

From the DH: Hi -- yes, that would be the one time of the year that it is absolutely glorious to be in Seattle! And I think a trip out there is due anyway. So this sounds like a good idea; thanks. Cool and permission to publish: Alrighty then, go ahead and make it official. I'll pencil it in my calendar! Big grin grins Confused should I order up some earplugs?? A
              Masters 2000 miles
              evanflein

I was a little concerned about the bands, too... while some music is fun, I'm the sort who thinks the perfect course is me and some awesome scenery and the atmosphere to soak it all in! But this will be a new experience for me, too and even more fun if you come along to play!
                TammyinGP

hmmmmm...... Wink

Tammy

Yes! Yes! Yes! Tammy's in Tammy's in! Make it so, PULLLEEEZE???? Big grin
                    Masters 2000 miles

Maniac 505

Arf and I did the early sign up, so glad you will be here, (Will Frank be here?) doubt that we will be at the post race party though (maybe 15 miles away from the finish, isn't that wierd?)
                      xor

Arf and I did the early sign up, so glad you will be here, (Will Frank be here?) doubt that we will be at the post race party though (maybe 15 miles away from the finish, isn't that wierd?)
                        yes, well, welcome to the Elite Racing experience. They do lots of glitz and pomp, but this is the first of I bet several examples that will make you wonder if they have a lot of runners in their org. (of course, you will never be able to forget that they are most certainly a for-profit venture) When I ran Country Music in 2004, the start was delayed by 30ish minutes because of thunderstorms. We didn't know that and they didn't tell us... so we stood out in the cold rain for an hour before the scheduled start, plus the extra 30. THEN... when it was time to start, they didn't send us on our way... they still went through their whole opening ceremony experience. Not just the anthem and a prayer. I mean all the speeches. Plus what seemed to be some weird aerobics warm up. From the middle of the pack, we couldn't hear much... It went on and on and on. Finally, they let us go. They recently released the course map/chart for San Antonio rnr. The last 8 miles seem to be uphill. Awesome. It's a point to point course. Many months ago, they announced a special shuttle to the start... for those people who bought a premium add-on package. GAH. After a few weeks... a few weeks of raking in the cash from gullible people such as me for the package to get the shuttle... THEN they announced that there would, in fact, be other shuttles that didn't cost extra. Thanks, Elite.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

large point-to-points seem to spawn more than their share of problems and inconveniences but, after a disasterous inaugural RnRSanDiego, they sure got it fiixed up for all the rest and I`d go back at the drop of a hat. I hope Seattle does as well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

oh-oh! sounds icky--are we sure this is the race we want to do? I could be persuaded to do something other very easily!
                            Masters 2000 miles
                            xor

oh-oh! sounds icky--are we sure this is the race we want to do? I could be persuaded to do something other very easily!
                              Nah, you want to do it. Summer in Seattle (although it *is* before July 5th, so youneverknow). It'll probably be just fine, with some headscratchers along the way. Besides, it is 5 days after my birthday.

Well ok then--will you be in a new age group? Cool And PARTY!!!!!! Stevie Ray and CAKE! and ICE CREAM!!!! ....and the Pink Door (music interlude) Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
                                Masters 2000 miles