Masters Running

My Boston Marathon Report-with pics (Read 355 times)

I survived the marathon and had the distinct pleasure of meeting btb briefly...I'm glad he made it through the race. The only disappointment was not getting to any of the meet/greets...maybe next time. (Not! I'll be at the 20Mile aid station rather than run that thing again-way more fun and much less pain Smile) I'm not good with cutting and pasting, so please proceed to this link for the report/pictures... http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=763134#post763134
      I guess I'll respond here -- great race report, the pictures are fantastic. I'm glad your ankle held out. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the race. I hope our paths cross next time.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

What a nice report! Thanks for sharing your photos and memories with us, and I'm glad you had such a great experience.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Awesome pictures! Don't know how you do it! Glad you enjoyed it so much and didn't hurt your ankle more.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dale, So happy for you and I fully understand how you felt during the entire race. What an event...Boston is fantastic...I guess I need to run it again...maybe next year...did I say that. Your pictures and race report are great and I relly enjoyed reading along. Hope to spend some time with you in future...a few minutes last year was not enough. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Thanks for the report. I loved the picture chronicle of your race. What kind of a camera did you use? We followed your progress here in RA and knew you were "booking time" for a good race. Congratulations! Joey
              Vista

Manchild

Great report and a very nicely run M, Dale. So enjoyed reading and looking at the fine pics. Thanks and congratulations! Chris
                  What a wonderful report complete with super photographs. Thank You! You ran a strong race despite the injuries and some tough training days. You are such a great support to so many on this board and on KR. I was so hoping you would have a good day and you clearly did. I thought you had to be at least 18 to run Boston----you look awfully young to me and I am wearing my glasses too. Smile You are just down the road from me and I am hoping I can cheer for you in person soon---although you'll be way ahead for sure! I am planning to do the half at Hartford....maybe then? CNYrunner/Karin
                    nice job!! you ran an amazingly strong race, took pictures and sound like you enjoyed every bit of it!! congratulations!!

denise

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

I can vouch that we ran together for a bit, Doc. But who would believe me? Boston truly is the reward for all your training efforts. You looked strong and happy - congrats on a great race.
                      PJH

Great race and RR, Dale! I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed some of your pictures. I tried explaining to family what the start was like, but the pictures tell the story better. I'm amazed at how fast you are given all the breaks you take during the race. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend. It really was something special. PJ
                          Sure wish we could have hooked up...maybe next year..... The heat was certainly more of a factor that we expected......and much hotter at the end of the race that the weather man predicted..... You ran well.....not your fastest...as you said....but most enjoyable....that ranks high in my book.... Congrats...
                            Thanks for the report. I loved the picture chronicle of your race. What kind of a camera did you use? We followed your progress here in RA and knew you were "booking time" for a good race. Congratulations! Joey
                            I used a disposable CVS digital camera that takes 25 pictures. The quality is excellent. I kept it in my fanny pack which also carried my ShotBloks. (I do not like holding stuff on me and would have rather had run without it but I had to hold the camera somewhere...) Thanks for the nice replies everyone. It was a fun race and I have it embedded in my brain-especially with the pictures, so I don't feel that I have to run this race ever again.
                              In spite of a questionable ankle, you sure did well. It is also obvious you really enjoyed the experience. The pictures were great. Congratulations, Dr.Dale. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Dale, maybe not your fastest, but still pretty darn fast! Great report, great pics, too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."