Masters Running

Rehab Thread - Starting it up again (Read 856 times)

..oh,ps............30-min poolrun

.............trailrun tomorrow, crutch-assisted

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tom, yeah I know how it is. I have had to modify too. No long runs, no hills, no speed work. I havent had to modify as much as you but I think we all have to scale back after an injury. Glad youre not throwing in the towel.

Linda, are you strengthening the arm/shoulder?

Hows  everyone else doing?

I am up to about 4 miles. Usually pain free. Always some sort of discomfort in my leg. I guess I am just used to it. Been painting the exterior of my house. Going up and down the ladder and using my back muscles to stabilize while I am up there is tough on the leg.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Rindaroo

Laurie - funny you should ask if I'm strengthening my shoulder.. I've slacked off & oh boy it is seriously tweaked.  I thought it was better, but not so much.  If I don't take Aleve, the inflammation in the shoulder is causing my neck & hip to go out.  So...huh if there was any question, I'd say the shoulder is the cause of all the alignment issues..    so now what?  I suppose back to the physical therapy exercises..

Rindaroo

Finally made it back to the gym.  2 miles run/walk on t he treadmill.. 3/2 intervals, weights and stretching.  felt good.. now if I could just figure out the consistency.

RIN///.......what 3-days could you do it??

if you

did it 3-days a week?

Rindaroo

Ok.  Saturday or Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday mornings.   I really need to carve out this time for myself.   The body alignment is screaming at me, no exercise is no bueno. 

Rindaroo

Ok I made it to the gym this morning.. three sets of 5/2's & weights. Now just to do Thursday & that will be a week.. week one.

Linda, do you go back to the physical therapist or do the exercises he gave you before on your own? I just do his exercises now and the ones I made up that I know work for me. Have you tried swimming? Have I recommended it before? I probably did and forgot.

i am up to 5 miles mostly pain free and not timed. Going to do the Rugged Maniac in Sep with some women from the run club. And Hartford Womens Tri.

Tom?

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

...good progress laurie//........

Nice RIN//......Getting the Habit.........in 21-days it will become ingrained

=========

.....doing some ''Runs'', Crutch Assisted,

around the Y Soccer Fields with PEOPLE inside the building,

this

is Behaviour Modification at it's best.

so far,

no yelling,

throwing things,

or banging on the windows..............frankly, I think those Wusses don't want to leave the Air Condiotioning.

should be set

for TheWinter Runs

.........Leg is fine, and have done a couple of back-to-back runs,

the Cool Part

is

I'm actually wearing REAL RUNNING SHOES again,

and I've been in Boots for about 3-years.

these things

could catch on.

.................PLUGG ON///////

Tom, Well I am cheering for you on the outside of the building. You've been through a lot. I hope someday you will be without the canes too.

Laurie

U.M.W.B

Hello everybody!
                        As some of you may remember I was involved in an auto accident last April when my ankle was dislocated and fractured in two places, I'm happy to report the External fixator is finally off! and I went to my 2nd physical therapy appointment today.
                        The range of motion exercises are not fun at all! and on several occasions It was all I could to do to keep from tears. My goal is to be able to run or walk a 5K by September, Wish me luck!

Below are a couple of before and after pictures of the external fixator removal, sorry for the graphic nature

Jim

U.M.W.B

Dang, Jim.  And welcome back to the Masters Forum! Smile

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Rindaroo

Wow Jim.   Welcome back and lots of luck!

Laurie - oh just physical therapy exercises from before.  I am not going back if I can help it..

TW - real running shoes, oh that must feel good Smile  Keep on plugging!

As for me, I ran 20 minutes straight through on the treadmill both last Thursday & this morning at the gym.  I also did weights.  Doing the weights really seems to make a difference with my neck.  And running is feeling good again Smile  Oh and divorce papers signed,  almost seems like less baggage in that arena makes for easier running.  I have no idea if that makes sense. lol

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Great to see you back here Jim! Wonderful to hear about  your progress!!

...hang in there jim//.............and think about what you'll do Differently next time.....

=======

30min poolrun yesterday

without FloatationVest..............definitely a harder work-out

..............PLUGG ON////////