Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 2.13.16 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick walk-by this morning. Going out for a quick breakfast with DW, and then we're driving to CNY country (Northampton in western MA) for a memorial service for a friend's wife who passed away recently.

6.9 RW miles in 9F temps, and under overcast skies. I kept the pace up A) to stay warm and, B) because I didn't have much time with our tight schedule this morning. So it was a challenging but good workout.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Marj is running a 5k in shorts - enjoy!

Jay - you are a tough one to get out in those temps.

10 (feels like -2) degrees here, and with my back still iffy, I chose to stay on the TM.  I (fingers crossed) think there is some improvement in my back today, and I have hopes that tomorrow will be even better.

6 slow and gentle miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...mornin' guys//.............storm moving in on us tomorrow, 20s today

==========

trying to beat an IceStorm to knoxville Sunday

really cutting into my Choir Time

.....40-min PoolRun

................taking My Gear with me, but NO ICE for my work-outs

..............good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Hi Ya People

Well, I was hoping to do or more this morning but 2 miles in I new it wasn't in the cards. Logged 6.5 miles -4 degrees.

DD#1 and I are heading to Dubuque IA this morning. She has her audition for the Loras college jazz band. A small scholarship hangs on this as well.

In other news, I let my beard get pretty long this season...I had DD#1 trim it back last night and now I miss it. DW says it looks more Clooney and less duck dynasty now.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

27F

winds 10mph

15.55 miles on the Country Road. If I call from jail, please bail me out. Huge group today but, most of them turned around before they came to the locked gate just over one of the bridges. Probably before they got to the big grates and large pipes and front-end loaders...  Ralph said, "I am turning around" But Bill said, "I am going on".  I couldn't help it. I was so curious. I went with Bill.

When we got to the locked gate (artificially hanging out on the Country Road) Bill said, "We aren't getting through that". We turned around. But then we ran into Bob and Carol. We told them the gate was locked. To which Bob replied, "Wanna bet?"

We approach the gate and Bob simply lifts the pin in the ground and the gate swings open. Apparently the pad lock on the handle had nothing to do with securing the gate. We all went through the gate and then noticed the security camera. So we kept going. We ran a bit more up and down hills that would rival Boston (said Carol who has run Boston).

We got to another locked gate and Bob conceded that we wouldn't be able to get through this one. So we waved to that camera and turned around and ran back to town. We could smell the beer brewing at nearby Busch Gardens  err, I mean ImBev or whatever it is now. All in all a fun run but, we spent a mile or two discussing our defense if we ended up in court. The sign said trespassers would be prosecuted and the fine could be $2500 and/or 12 months in jail.  We decided to say that Bob had early onset Alzheimers and we had to stay with him so he wouldn't get lost.

I am now safe at home and no cops are knocking so maybe we're okay.

Slo_, I sure hope the audition goes well!  Keep us posted.

Jay, nice workout but, too bad you were feeling a bit pressed for time.

Holly. Glad your back is a going in the right direction. I hope other things improve, too.

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Sayhey! MM#130

Bob & Carol, Bill & Rosie..... I'll go see that movie!

Simon, DH & I are off to Alligator Alley.  Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.  One of the Speedsters puts on a 5K in the Rose Garden to benefit the Rotary Club at this time of year.  I'd go to support it even if he didn't lay in a supply of long stemmed red roses so we each get one, but that certainly is a lovely touch!

So just 7, 3 before and 1 after.

Olympic marathon trials today, NBC 1 pm Eastern.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

{{{Holly}}}.  You're a great mom and a wonderful person.

Nice long runs for Mike and RCG (I hope your next post isn't from jail).

Yesterday morning, I walked 3 miles on the TM at  13:55/mi.  In the afternoon, I did another mile in 13:40.  This morning, it was another 3 miles at 13:52/mi.  I plan to do another mile or two this afternoon.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy Masters!

RCG, glad you stayed out of jail!   Nice run.

Sorry about the cold temps some of you have.  We had that a while back, but now it's like springtime, complete with the mud and slush!  Yesterday I found a trail that was fairly runnable, and went 16.7 miles.  Today I think I'll take a rest day - I haven't taken a day off in 11 days, mostly because my DH is away and I can run all I want, but I think a rest day would be wise, before something starts hurting.

Happy trails, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Olympic marathon trials today, NBC 1 pm Eastern.

grins,

A

This is right in DD's back yard.  She lives on Exposition Blvd only a couple of miles from there.  Although, I'm pretty sure she's not quite as excited as I might be to be that close.

4.5 miles in a group run from a local running store.  Very small group--me, one of the employees and a young woman.  9:26 pace, so was comfortable enough to talk.  Hope I didn't slow them down.  Rediscovered the drawback of running the flats around the lake too much.  25° felt warm after the 6° yesterday.

Hope they have reasonably priced bail bondsmen in your area, RGC.  We'll find someone to bake you a cake with a file in it, if not.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Way to get out there, Jay. I don't like feeling pressed for time but since I'm usually running during the work day or afterwards, I always feel there's something I need to finish up for.

Good luck to your DD, Slo. And yes, the Clooney look is much preferable, IMO.

Nice and easy, Holly. Hope you continue to see improvement. Usually it seems like a back strain like that is from something you did that you just don't realize. I had a bout of lower back pain from an extra enthusiastic house cleaning session (hey, it's rare so when it happens you gotta take advantage!). Takes about a week to resolve, it seems.

GL to Aamos, although she hardly needs it. I'd love it if you'd post a picture of Simon in the car....

Stay off the ice, tomwhite.

Rosie hangs out with a rough crowd. Hope the Alzheimers defense works. Good run for you today, grrlfren.

When will you be cleared for running, Tom? You're doing great with the walking. I can imagine it's keeping you from going stir crazy.

Like Wildchild (well, not totally like Wildchild since we're not melting), we're having an almost weirdly warm winter and February is continuing the trend. It'll be in the 20's this weekend and into next week. We're about 40 to 50 degrees warmer than usual. I think we might have a big mosquito and wasp year since the extended cold usually kills off quite a few. A warm winter is usually followed by a buggy (and smoky) summer. Carolyn, probably good call on the rest day. Good to be proactive/preventive. Many of us aren't so smart. 

Will run later, maybe 8 or so.

Hey Stumpy! We posted at the same time. Yeah, too much flat running will catch up to you when the hills show up. I've got the marathon trials on now, seems like lots of corners and looping on that course, but I guess the trials races frequently do.

mrrun

Such great posts this morning - I'll yield to Erika's summary and glad that Holly's back is starting to improve.

So we ran a 5K in Naples with friends and i broke 30 for first time in a gazillion years.  of course, it was FLAT and NO WIND.  I came in second in AG but they had computer problems (had the results in the computer but no password), so no awards given at the time.  Henrun ran slow but his knee is really crying at this point.

AAmos - we waved at you on friday as we drove down I75

and the women just started!

fleet feet to tomorrow's racers and the olympic trials,

marj

Hope they have reasonably priced bail bondsmen in your area, RGC.  We'll find someone to bake you a cake with a file in it, if not.

...I could put one in my Special Fudge Surprise, but it seems to actually Dissolve Metal........

...oh, it turns out ''Sulfuric Acid'' was actually a typo....

Mariposai

Enkie and Mr. Blue Eyes are here, Hurrah.

Ohhh and he has blue eyes.

I ran 10 miles with 3@MP before they showed up. Off to ski now.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Men's team set. Now to see how the women do.

Amazing finish!!  Congrats to all!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.