Masters Running

Saturday January 12 Master-Boomer Runs (Read 543 times)

Mariposai

Thanks for the kind comments about the skiing pictures!!!. Another day of skiing for the butterfly lady today. 3 hours of it, covering 10 miles in the backcountry. The weather was just great. I followed Larry's advice and pack more survival stuff with me today since I went out to ski by myself. The pack was a bit heavier, but I felt more secure and prepared. This was my test day...I wanted to see how fast I have to ski to keep the heart rate up between 140 and 160(range for my LR). I found out that just pushing a little bit more than my usual relaxed stride I can pretty much keep the HR up in my target Zone. Dead tired now. It is time for a shower, a nap and some drinks and then I will come back to catch up with you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

GreenMan

Hey good people, Nice going Teresa. {{{Vista}}} We had a beautiful freezy fog this morning. But it burned off quickly and left me with a fabulous, sunny day for running. I hit the AT going SW from DAMascus, VA and did 11 before heading down the mountain and returning via an alternate route -mostly FS road. Back at the car made it 24 including a .5 w/u and c/d walks. I walked all the steep hills and a lot of the not so steep by the end. 5:46 including 17 mins of breaks. The trail was in great shape. There's been just enough snow to press the leaves and show the rocks. Serious elevation today. Ice bath back at the fort, felt like magic.
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      SteveP

Holly, I loved the picture and will show DW.......If you thing DS1 needs to set on Santa's lap....Resort to being a bully.You are the Mom..... "I'm your mother and carried you in my womb for XX months and was in labor with you for XX months and if you don't set on Santa's lap for your poor mother, I'll send you right back......with out a night light!"..... Thanks CNY....Sweet run.
        0930 Steve!! Thanks for the treats... do I have to share?
        If you plant the seeds, you may be able to grow a few trees in your area. No running today. My brother and I went to an aunt's funeral. Mom isn't well enough to go. I know this isn't the forum for this, however..... The funeral home offered wooden urns for ashes. I can make one as nice. Would it be in poor taste to make one for Mom??? JJJ, can you leap tall buildings in a single bound??? Holy Smokes.

SteveP

GreenMan

..... JJJ, can you leap tall buildings in a single bound??? Holy Smokes.
          Double Snork No, but I met the man out there that can. He was cutting it short and walking out or I'd never have seen him. He's had some hamstring problems for a while. Eric Grossman teaches at a local college and races ultras At the Hellgate 100k 2006 he set the course record on a night/day when over a third of the field DNFed check out some of the race reports. http://extremeultrarunning.com/2006_hellgate/finishers.htm That race is just the tip of the iceberg. He's unbelievable. jjj
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
          mustang sally

Bad faerie

5km and a few race-prep strides with DS today. We had a good trundle about the neighbourhood and the local high school track. The track is a good place: it's only about 1 km away and I can do my thing and he can do his thing and nobody has to backtrack and catch up with anybody. I did my strides barefoot on a squelchy soccer pitch. It was lots of fun getting cold mud squishing in between my toes, once I got over the first cool shock. DS Could Not Believe his Eyes when he saw me casually pull my socks back over the grody feet. Off to a play tonight....
              No running today. My brother and I went to an aunt's funeral. Mom isn't well enough to go. I know this isn't the forum for this, however..... The funeral home offered wooden urns for ashes. I can make one as nice. Would it be in poor taste to make one for Mom???
              Steve - Sorry to hear about your aunt. If I were your mom, I think I would prefer an urn made by my son than one off the shelf from the funeral home. Just my $.02
              Have you got a flag?
              bap

3.75 miles at 8:40 pace.

Certified Running Coach
                Crocked since 2013

Teresadfp

One day at a time

5km and a few race-prep strides with DS today. We had a good trundle about the neighbourhood and the local high school track. The track is a good place: it's only about 1 km away and I can do my thing and he can do his thing and nobody has to backtrack and catch up with anybody. I did my strides barefoot on a squelchy soccer pitch. It was lots of fun getting cold mud squishing in between my toes, once I got over the first cool shock. DS Could Not Believe his Eyes when he saw me casually pull my socks back over the grody feet. Off to a play tonight....
                  That's cool you ran with your son! A track is great idea - I will have to try that with my son. He would enjoy lapping me over and over, lol. It's neat that you could impress your son with grody feet, too! Cool