Masters Running

40s On the Run - Happiness . . . (Wk of 6/08/08) (Read 678 times)

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. (Denis Waitley) I'm happy. Are you happy? Big grin Have a great week!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

10.1 miles this morn, longest to date, went fairly well, just ran easy and took about the same time as my first 8 milers last summer. Almost bagged it as woke up with a huge sinus headache with all the pollen in the air. Thanks for starting us off Leslie. Hope you all have a super week. mule deer buck upper right

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Ultrachick

I ran a total of 10 miles today too. It was way too hot today-92 this evening (6:30pm) when I went out to finish my 10 (I did 3 this morning). I was waiting for it to cool off but it wasn't happening. Here's the view in my backyard.... We own up to the grass line past the long vegetable garden. The fields beyond that is land given to the town from the Rockefellers and is now a wildlife park, beyond that is Lake Champlain and the mountains in the distance are the Adirondacks in NY. There are trails in the park which is where I lapped around for 7 miles. Have a great week! Kelly Nice picture r2!
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
          Kelly - You live in a truly ugly place. And Farmer Jim, horrible photo, horrible. I feel sorry for you guys having to see those sights every day. Must be hard. Smile Hub bought himself a new smoker. This is his second Sunday in a row to smoke meat. Last weekend it was two pork butts. This weekend, it was 6 racks of ribs. Let me just say, the ribs were absolutely amazing. If you're a vegetarian, you may want to skip this photo: This is the crew who came over feeding their faces. Hub's not in the pic, but you can see his new baby, the Black Bullet. The guy with the mohawk hairdo - met him for the first time today. Crazy - yes. Very. I've heard a few stories. Nice - extremely. I really enjoyed talking to him. It was such a gorgeous day today, I think we all ended up sunburned to some degree. Mine is on the back of my arms, upper back, and neck from doing yard work. I finally got smart and put on a long sleep Tshirt and a hat.

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Well Shoot! I knew I shoulda packed my camera along yesterday!! Roll eyes Was thinking about how I need to share this path/trail w/ya'll.. Smile...Doug, Mairead & I did a 13.5 mile total migration (9 ish easy jogging + 4 ish brisk/power walking....) while checking out/discussing various landscaping options so graciously displayed along the trail Smile not to mention the massive size of some of the houses in the Cherry Hills Village section of town....mixed up w/rural looking properties complete w/goats & horses.....hard to believe we're running right through the middle of Denver! Shocked Cool We decided to take the day off from honey-do list...(motivated much by achey bodies!!) so just headed over to Highline around 10am for an easy paced run.... As we get started, Doug reminds me that my schedule says 10 miles! (I'm thinkin' I'll be doing awesome to make it through 4 miles!...) Perfect running weather...partly-mostly cloudy & cool (60*F/60% H) slight breeze, heavily treed path, Sunday am = not so crowded....maybe I can talk him into walking a bit...."things" loosened up quite nicely so easy paced was actually pretty nice! however, energy levels not quite what they should be, so I was about tucked in by the time we got back to the car! & that was with at least 4 miles walking!! Ah well, that was the most ambitious thing we did alllll day! Wink Oh, and we bought me a little Honda scooter for light commuting....s'posed to get 90+ mpg....lots of fun running around the neighborhood so far....love the looks from the neighbors!! Big grin So, now we have running shoes, mountain bikes, scooters, motorcycles THEN the cars! Ciao!! Cindy
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              So, now we have running shoes, mountain bikes, scooters, motorcycles THEN the cars! Cindy
              Looks like you have all the bases covered there, Cindy. Have fun on that scooter! Five miles this a.m. that went really, really well. Stayed around 148 for the HR. First time since I started wearing the monitor that it wasn't chirping at me the entire run. Amazing how much better I felt at the end . . . until I had to do my hill speed work, which consisted of three sets of running hard for 30 secs up this steep hill near my house, then trying like he!! to catch my breath slogging back down to the starting point, then up we go again! Holy criminy! By the third one, my legs were like, "Whaaaaaaa . . .??" Oh - and Oscar Meyer says Good Morning and Howd-ee Do Have a good day!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Nice pics! I'll have to get some on my runs this week, now that I figured out how to use my new cell phone/camera/MP3 player. Big grin Life conspired against me such that I've had to reschedule my long run for today around 7 pm - and it's supposed to be in the mid-90s. Dead As they say around here, time to HTFU! Here's where I'm headed after today's run, should I survive. In Fresno, a pool is not a luxury, it's a necessity! http://picasaweb.google.com/arla.hile/20080609PlayingWithPhone/photo#5209980036233661538 I can't recall how to embed photos. Yeah I know we just went over this last week. Let me try anyway MTA: can anyone see that? I can't. Arla

Ex runner

posted: 6/4/2008 at 11:17 PM modified: 6/4/2008 at 11:18 PMQuote Jewels - In photobucket 1. Click "Edit" above the picture you want to post 2. Once the new page is ready, click "Resize" 3. Click "Preset Sizes" 4. Click "Message Board" 5. Save or copy over photo. Whatever you want to do. 6. Click "View Album" in the sort of upper right-hand corner 7. Click the link at "IMG Code" and copy 8. Come back here and click the last square above - the one that looks like a picture of a mountain 9. Paste your IMG link in between the ones now in your post 10. Go back and erase the [IMG] at both ends of your copied link, leaving only the img's in the brackets (<>) at the front and end. Voila! Arla, I don't see the pic either. Just the square with the x in it. Your link works fine. Nice, nice pool!
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                    Arla: 1. Make sure that the img's in your picture link are brackted with these: <> and not these: [ ] 2. Make sure you are using the small img's and not capitalized IMG's 3. Make sure your last img has a forward slash (/) in front of it 4. And last, but not least, make sure you only have one set of img's at the front and end. For example, a link out of photobucket as [IMG] [/IMG] and both have to be replaced by img in <> <>. (Now let's see of this post goes haywire from the brackets and img's!!) PS - Nice pool area! MTA: I had fix a couple of spots 'cause yes, it did go haywire.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Hmmmm, so like how do we put these "back-yards" together?! add a margarita machine..... Big grin
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. (Denis Waitley) I'm happy. Are you happy? Big grin Have a great week!!
                        Yep, I'm happy! "There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." Some great looking backyards going on....I'm in the middle of revamping my a bit (actually it's the house that's getting the makeover. The smoker...fabulous! Ultrachick....beautiful! R2farm....very nice!
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Goregeous back yard Kelly, really cool pool Arla! Nice Deck complete with smoker Leslie, those ribs look pretty tasty. Cindy, margarritta machine, now we are talking. Our backyard could be featured on the Redneck Yard of the Week. Big grin great quote Erv, need to remember that. Leslie what did your HR do on the hills and what do you figure your max is? Quicky weight session this morn, better get to work hauling fertilizer and crosstrain cleaning out a corn bin. F Jim

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Hi Guys- Awesome pics and backyards!! I'll get a pic of my backyard on as soon as it gets below 100 effing degrees and I can cut the grass!!! Cool

Joe - Funny! It's sunny here today, but so frigging windy, it's ridiculous. Weatherman said expecting gusts of 25-50 mph. Evil grin Hang on to your skirts, ladies! Re the back yards - hot tub? Hot tub? It's too cold here for a pool, but I could definitely use a hot tub. I'd have to take out my of my deck to fit it in . . . Farmer Jim - My max HR is 155. When doing the steady-states on the hills (more than a walk/less than a jog), I'm suppose to be at 80-85% of my max, which I was told is 142-145. It was really hard trying to go slow enough to keep my HR down that low, even when power walking. However, my recovery time (getting myself down from, say, 150 to 140) is about 30 secs or so, so I'm pretty fit aerobically. Hopefully, it will only take a couple of weeks of training to keep my HR in the 80-85%. Yesterday when I did my regular run, I tried to keep it around 148-149. All I had to do was slow down just a little bit, and I was very surprised at how much better I felt during the run. When I go over my max, my Garmin beeps at me and flashes, "Heart rate too high." Conversely, if my HR is too low, it beeps and flashes, "Heart rate too low." It repeats it 4 times I think, gives it a rest for a few seconds, and if your HR isn't down (or up), it starts beeping/flashing again. Hey - Maybe you could wear a monitor while doing your "cross training" so as to no over exert yourself too much!! Wink Today was alternate aerobids day. Since my bike is in the shop for an overhaul, I decided to do the advanced Tae-Bo tape my friend gave me. Let's talk tomorrow and see how my butt is feeling. Blush Well, I guess I'd better get some actual work done. Later!

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Somehow I just lost all of my bookmarks in Firefox!!! Grrrrrrr! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance