Masters Running

Sad news from Jlynne (Read 66 times)

mrrun

I'm posting part of an email I received from Jlynne.  I told her people had been asking.  Marj

"My sister's husband and family made the decision to take her off of life support last Saturday. She was not showing any signs of neurological recovery and her body was rejecting the feeding tube. Her daughter took this as a sign it was time to let her go.

Ironically, her heart - which caused the whole event in the first place - continues to beat strongly. The ICU nurse said some people pass away quickly and others linger a few days. If you remember my sister from my Cellcom party, she's giving this last fight everything she's got!

I wish I had better news and I wasn't sure about putting a post on RA about her condition. She is a great woman and an inspiration to so many people. The Sunday before this all happened she ran her personal best at a local 4 mile run. She was in such great shape - no one could ever believe she was 71 years old. Her daughter, a lot of friends and family and I will be running the Bellin Run 10k this Saturday. Jan was registered to run it to. Bellin is the hospital at which she's currently a patient."

Mike E

MM #5615

That is very sad news.  I will keep jlynne and her sister's family in my prayers.

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh that is so sad...I, too, will keep Jlynne and her family in my prayers.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Thanks for posting this, Marj. It is, indeed, very sad news. I'm so sorry for Jlynn, her sister, and her sister's family.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM #7877

Prayers for all affected.

Philippians 4:13.

wildchild

Carolyn

Marj., thanks for sharing this.  Jeanne, I'm so sorry to  hear about your sister Jan. I hope I'm lucky enough to still be running a week before it's my time to go.  I hope you and your family and your sister's family find peace in this time of grief.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sayhey! MM#130

Thank you Marj.  Jeanne, I am so saddened by this.  Even though I don't know your sister, she is an inspiration, as Carolyn so eloquently noted above.  I share her feelings.  Having lost my only sibling, Bruce, to a sudden death, I know there is little I can say to lessen your pain right now.  Just know so many of us are thinking of you, praying for you and your family, and are here if and when you need us.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mariposai

Thanks for posting this update Marj.

Sending prayers and butterfly hugs to the whole family.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Thank you for posting this for us. We all care about Jlynne and her sister and my heart aches for the grief Jlynne and family are going through right now.

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

Jeanne, I am so very sorry.   Spareribs

So sorry to hear this sad news.  I will be keeping all of you in my prayers JLynne

denise

#artbydmcbride

So sorry for all involved  ((jlynne))  I can't imagine how painful it must be

Runners run

lamerunner

Sorry to hear that! Too young!

{{{jylnne}}.......You're in Our Prayers......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marj -  Thank you for posting this.  I have been wondering how things were going.

JLynne, I am so very sorry for your loss.  Your whole family is in my prayers.  Know that your RA family is always here for you.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance