Masters Running

Peaceful Sunday 7/28/2013 (Read 38 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks for the distance clarifications enke. something seemed wrong about it last night and it's been nagging in the recesses of my mind all day.  With regard to parking logistics, it's even worse after the parade is over but easily resolvable for east-siders by parking in a lot anywhere on the east side of Fourth Avenue and driving back via Broadway on Capitol Hill.. I did the post-parade bus a couple of y ears ago and got back at 1am: after the parade, even when they are moving, the packed buses leave you standing around until the next one comes by, . . . just as packed so you give up and hike to the start stop.  However, the run's fun pretending to be a barefoot pirate.  I'm really sorry to have missed you. Maybe give it another try next year with better parking, especially if divechief is off shift and can join us like the Hot Chocolate this spring.

it must have been a topic in their host magazine or something, but two radio hosts had remeniscent smells as topics this week.  I thought of some but CYN makes me remember the smells of ocean breezes, beach and horsehoe crab from an autumn at Woods Hole.  Unfortunately, it was well before the running boom, no Falmouth 12K then (or is it an 8K?) Smile .

tom - don't tell anyone but I'm way more crazy over my 4yo grandson than over running.  I did more running with him a year-and-a-half ago at the zoo while everyone else was running Seattle Marathon.  I'd been doing that since 1990 but only had one chance for day at the zoo with a two-and-a-half year old delight.  Viva la grandkids.

Don't tell anyone but I got all excited when I got a message from one of the goddesses a couple of years ago to be her friend on facebook so I signed up right away, . . . and have been running away ever since as soon as hundreds of other friend requests starting overwhelming my inbox.  oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

The mutt and I took DW and the camper east of Ludington for her annual vacation with her sisters. There's cross country trails that are also part of a disc golf course. Though Tag really wanted to help get the discs, we stayed clear of the other sports enthusiasts.

steve, where were you?

Tom

hi Tselbs Smile     are you still running one race a month?   have your health issues been resolved?  

Hi, dg.  If I can keep it up, Dec will make 10 years for my streak.  My health problems were traced to some eyedrops for my glaucoma.  I've slowed a lot but keep trying. 

TomS