Masters Running

Aloha for Saturday, Nov 30's Daily! (Read 36 times)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Wow, Wildchild.  You mention such an amazing outing so breezily:  that's impressive.

I went out this morning and ran an easy 8k with friends in my favourite park before we set up a water station for a wonderfully ridiculous race later in the day.  The race deliberately hits two disgusting hip-deep swamps, marked "puddles" on the map.  Our station was just before the first "puddle."  As it was bucketing rain, and we were directing people into the swamp, offering water felt like carrying coals to Newcastle, but some folks actually though applying more water from the inside was a good idea.

Looking forward to a very wet ride tomorrow... might as well embrace it, since pouting and hiding inside won't bring the sun back any sooner.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

CR--life lessons can be painful, but it will serve him well in the future.  And I did notice that you reported no major tantrum, which is a good sign.

Nice PR, TW.  You're a better man than me to last that long in the pool--steps or not.

Aloha to you, too, Erika.  I realize it's a bittersweet trip for the family, but your timing is impeccable.  -27 and it's not even December.

Well, I was excited this afternoon.  I uncovered a pile of leaf bags that we raked last Saturday so I could take them to the town pit.  After I got back and shook out the tarp, my class ring that I thought I lost running on Sunday came rolling out.  Big grin  It must have come off while I was tucking the tarp underneath the bags.  good thing I didn't rush to buy a new one.  And I think I'll visit a jeweller and see about getting my SS number removed to minimize the trauma the next time I loose it. Roll eyes

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

C-R - like others have said, tough call, but the right one.

Wildchild - awesome run!

MS - what were the temps in the rainy race?  Rain can be sort of fun, until it becomes sleet.....

13 miles for me on Saturday.

DH and my SD have birthdays on 12/3 and 11/29 so we met in the middle and went to a Christmas play last night to celebrate.

How quickly the Thanksgiving 4-day weekend flies by!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."