Masters Running

The Daily Thursday, 8.16.12 (Read 389 times)

OM- Whoops, I was talking about 800's too.  I could do 8 of them anywhere from 3:40 to 4:00, with 90 sec rest, so maybe I just suck at longer distances.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

holly, my sisters, my brother, and I do get along quite well.  I am grateful that we do, especially when I see people with strained, or even estranged, relations with their siblings.  I know that many of you have, or are, dealing with aging parents.  It's tough seeing the people who raised you  undergoing physical and/or mental deterioration.  Even though it's a part of life, I don't like it.  My thoughts are with everyone who goes through this.

wild, neat picture of the bull moose by your car.  I think I like the picture better than I would like the actual event.

Nice long runs for evan and mari.

This morning, I got in 5 miles at an 11:25 pace. 

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS 

Dave59

Run to the gym, workout, run back.  3 miles is all I ran.  No animal sightings unless you count the foxes at the gym.  (I am trying to decide whether to leave that sexist remark in there or not.  Let me know what you think and I'll come back and edit it out if necessary.  It doesn't sound like anything I would usually say but I'm really tired today and bound to think or say just about anything.  I feel like I'm having an out-of-body experience.)

Dave, I only know what a cougar is.  Are foxes younger?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

holly, my sisters, my brother, and I do get along quite well.  I am grateful that we do, especially when I see people with strained, or even estranged, relations with their siblings.  I know that many of you have, or are, dealing with aging parents.  It's tough seeing the people who raised you  undergoing physical and/or mental deterioration.  Even though it's a part of life, I don't like it.  My thoughts are with everyone who goes through this.

Tom -  This time is so stressful to the family, it is wonderful to hear about families like yours who have several children helping out. 

5 easy paced miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Long day so this will be sort of quick.  tselbs sometimes estranged from a sibling is all for the best.  If I never see my younger brother again it will be too soon.

Spareribs "tolerate" you?!  Heck, you are one of the major reasons it is worth visiting this forum nearly every day. What I want to know is how in the world did the prosecutor let this go to trial!  I sure hope Man A not only gets off but the judge slaps the prosecutor upside the head for bringing this to court and give Man A a tongue lashing while he is at it!

Tramps enjoy your trip to Denver.  It should be beautiful there this time of year.

StarrRuns congratulations on your running progress.  I am betting your goal is to run these HMs rather than win them.  Given that, any plan that gets your long run miles up around 13 or so should get to to the start with enough gas to finish happy.

Today was my DW's birthday.  I had thought everything was in the bag so to speak.  We were supposed to go to a local restaurant she likes at 7:15pm.  My guess was that she would get home at her normal hour around 6:45.  That would give me enough time to finish up at work, drive home, go to the party store for some decorations and then the bakery to pick up some cupcakes to serve as birthday cake.  At 2pm I get a call that she will be on a train arriving into town at 4:37 and can I pick her up at the main train station since this train does not stop at the local station her car is parked at.  Yikes!  Shocked  Forget finishing the tenure review letter I am working on!  Off I go!  I get to the party store quickly buy a few items and then dash to the bakery.  Next stop home.  I tie up the balloons I just bought and stash the cupcakes in the refrigerator.  No time to hang my one and only "Happy Birthday" banner so I hide it.  The flowers I ordered were sitting at the front door those I toss into the entry way and rush to the train station.  I get my DW drive her to her car and take off.  Once home I try to get the banner up before she can arrive.  I get it hung.  Not pretty but it is up.  A bit later I sneak back into the refrigerator and "hide" the cupcake box in the vegetable bin where I am sure she will not look.  Whew!  Nope one more surprise!  She no longer wants to go out for dinner.  Instead she wants me to go for a walk to the beach and then come home and have me grill bison burgers.  I can do that but it means a lot of work since I was totally unprepared for this.  It also means going back to the tenure review letter later that evening since I still have to get it done before tomorrow.  But it is her birthday so she calls the shots.  All done as of now, in more ways than one.

Oh yea running.  Today was 13.5 miles with zombieslecks.  Rotten zombies!  Ambushed me they did around mile 13 of all places.  When zombies appear the app starts with "zombies 100 meters away."  Then if you speed up the next announcement is typically something like "zombies 64 meters away" or some such.  This time I sped up and got something like "zombies 14 meters away."  What!!  So I really push it.  Next "zombies 5 meters away."  Well, maybe this will work.  Then, "item dropped zombies evaded."  Rats!  Caught!  I tell you one had to have ambushed me from the side or something.  I tell you zombies just do not play fair!  I will also say, if fartlecks are useful then these zombie runs have to be doing me some good!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

.  I feel like I'm having an out-of-body experience.)

...if you have another one

would you mind seeing where I lost my car-keys??

=======

double weight session

mostly

waiting out TheBack

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....