Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run w/e 08/19 (Read 246 times)

Never tried to give him anything warm, but come to think of it, he usually won't touch his fruit until it's sat for awhile.  He likes to fling pits of apple and pear all over the place.  What a mess!  I put a little bit of peanut butter on the edge of his treat cup today, but I don't think he noticed it, and he didn't appear to touch the cantaloupe or grape today.  We keep trying things, and once in awhile something is a hit.

We have him on the bookshelf in our room near a window that gets the morning sun (when we have sun).  Come fall/winter, we'll probably have to find other places for him in the office for periods of time so he can get his sunshine.

I'm off to Bonkos.  Hopefully I'll win the $60!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Friday ~

Rest day today, which is good since I didn't get home until after 10:30 last night from Bonkos.  Didn't win, but came in 2nd and got $30.  Well, $20 when you count that we put $10 in the pot to play. 

Am suppose to have a phone meeting with Coach Gary tonight.  Hopefully, he's close to giving me a new schedule.

Later ~

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - I'll be interested in hearing what the coach has in store for you!

'nuther hot run last night, but it was one of those runs where you just feel terrific and light on your feet and fast (even if it's just the same 'ol plodding along pace). Very enjoyable. 

Have a great weekend!

Ex runner

'nuther hot run last night, but it was one of those runs where you just feel terrific and light on your feet and fast (even if it's just the same 'ol plodding along pace). Very enjoyable. 

It's so nice when that happens!

12 miles out at the  McKay Tract this morning.  Saw a bobcat and her baby.  I stopped as soon as I saw them.  Mom headed for the bushes, but baby kept running from side to side, I think looking for mom.  Once the baby disappeared for more than a minute, I continued on as I'm sure Mom wasn't about the come back out until she was good and sure I was gone.  After that, lots of fresh bear poop that was full of berries, but no bear, thankfully.

I got to talk with Coach Gary last night.  I'm feeling positive about this.  He's been having some running issues, but said working with me is getting him exciting about running again.  He won't let me pay him right now.  Said he wants to wait and see how things pan out, i.e., see if he really does like putting together coaching programs/being a coach since I'm his first client.  I told him about my goals for next year and he's excited for me and thinks it shouldn't be a problem.  My Goals: two 50-milers, WS Memorial Day weekend again, and maybe a 50K thrown in here and there to keep training interesting.

Okay - I got a big transcription job this past week, so I need to get to it.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend ~

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Lynda and I did a 10k at a local fair yesterday. I hadn't raced any shorter races this year so I didn't really know where I would come online, I just started really slowed and just ran by feel. I had some huge negative splits so maybe I wasn't quite warmed up enough at the start and maybe was a little conservative. Overall it was a good day and a good race just not very fast.

Joe hope you kick that nasty cold to the curb so you can get on with your NY training.

Arla cool when those kind of runs happen. As far as sppeed work I ve done a few tempos and a few intervals and some progressive runs. Mostly tempo type stuff as you suggested and it has made me faster than I was spring/early summer. I get in trouble when I compare where I am now to where I was last yr etc as circumstances are so different.

Leslie hope the new schedule is to your liking. Some interesting wildlife on your trails there. Glad you enjoyed the 4-H lamb shows.

Hey to the rest of the gang.

Rapidly approaching the end of the growing season for our  irrigated corn and soybeans. We will be harvesting and seeding wheat next month. If we get our equipment ready to go we might have some slack time until it starts. Still no rain.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - that sounds like a solid plan for you for 2013. I was chatting with a local ultra guy who always bugs me about doing a 100 now that I've done a 50. So I asked him how many 50s did he do before trying 100? His answer was six. Not sure if that's typical. 

Jim - negative splits always make me happy. And A LOT happier than a positive split. Glad to hear your coming to the end of your corn and soy season, sad to hear still no rain. I assume if still no rain you'll have to irrigate that wheat? 

My brother was in town yesterday, so he and I and our mom had dinner together as sort of an early birthday celebration for my brother and I. That effectively killed my evening workout, as we lingered over dinner for more than 2 hrs (and I ate too much to do run afterwards anyway). Pushing last night's run to tonight, long run tomorrow...works out well because our 14-day heat wave is supposed to break! 

Ex runner

Glad you guys got a race in, Jim.  And I keep praying for rain for you all.  Mother Nature just isn't cooperating, is she?

Happy Early Birthday, Arla.  When's the real day?  Re the 100-miler - I wish there were more 100k's around.  The jump from 50 to 100 seems so daunting, but successfully running a couple of 50 milers and a couple of 100k's would make it seem more doable.  The guys at Inside Trail have talked about adding some 100k's.  We'll see if they do.

5 miles this a.m. in damp, muggy conditions before church.  We saw the sun for about two hours today, and of course it was while we were doing yard work.  Got in a couple of hours there, and now I'm getting ready to buckle down to some transcription.

Before I came in here, I went on www.6pm.com to see what kind of shoes they were had sale and got two pairs of my road shoes (Inov8 Road-X 238) for basically the regular price of one pair.  Woot Woot!  Gotta love a deal!!  Now I just need someone to have my Inov8 trail shoes on sale as one pair has over 400 miles on them.  This is about 100 more than I ever got out of my Mizunos, but I can tell they're coming to the end of their running life.

Okay - Off to work ~

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance