Masters Running

PNWers - Halloween Marathon (and half) location change (Read 266 times)

xor

Ok, this is a tiny race, so this may only apply to Jon. Usually, this race is at Millersylvania State Park (where the vampires hum "In The Mood" and "Moonlight Serenade"). In fact, this month's Northwest Runner lists this as the location. However, the signup page lists the location as Vance Creek Park (no vampires). According to Maniac Andy, the RD told him that the proper location this year is VANCE CREEK PARK. So if you show up at Millersylvania, it'll just be you and the vampires. And those won't be fake costumed vampires either. They keep their blood in Little Brown Jugs. BTW, this is 3rd-hand info. If I'm wrong, it's because I suck.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks el roberto. there's nothin' like runnin' at Millerslyvania State Park on Halloween. However, what's goin' on with the early date? I'd be there too except for hopin' to fit in the Royal Victoria on 10/12. Maybe I'll wear my Zola Budd costume.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Ok, this is a tiny race, so this may only apply to Jon. Usually, this race is at Millersylvania State Park (where the vampires hum "In The Mood" and "Moonlight Serenade"). In fact, this month's Northwest Runner lists this as the location. However, the signup page lists the location as Vance Creek Park (no vampires). According to Maniac Andy, the RD told him that the proper location this year is VANCE CREEK PARK. So if you show up at Millersylvania, it'll just be you and the vampires. And those won't be fake costumed vampires either. They keep their blood in Little Brown Jugs. BTW, this is 3rd-hand info. If I'm wrong, it's because I suck.
        You're a vampire?? Shocked

Runners run

xor

No, I just possess the style and sophistication of being a vampire without necessarily embracing all aspects of the vampire lifestyle.

Now I'm really confused. There is another Halloween marathon/half (or is it just a half?) in Elma on the 12th of Oct. But when is the Olympia one??

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Now I'm really confused. There is another Halloween marathon/half (or is it just a half?) in Elma on the 12th of Oct. But when is the Olympia one??
              This is the same race, don't be confused. For many years, this race has been held at Millersylvania Park just outside Olympia. In fact, that's where the NW Runner race calendar says it will be this year. But it is wrong. THIS YEAR, for the first time, the race will be at Vance Creek Park, which is outside of Elma. This is what the signup page says, and is correct. Unless, of course, I was given bum info. There's a full and a half. And if I know the race director, probably also a 5k, a 10k, a 10 miler, and a 1 miler. Plus either a duathlon or a triathlon. And hostess donuts.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

enke - here's a real one I do every year. (Pumpkin Push 5K ps - Vance Creek is the site of the famous Gateway-to-the-Pacific Marathon at 102 degrees in 2006, and i-run-slowly/rose-colored-glasses/_________'s famed running skirt pose in 2005. Maybe she still has it. <>please/please)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

OMG, Lopez, you are a saviour. I was SURE there were two different races, and I was trying to decide which one to do. But, alas it turns out I will be unable to go to Elma that weekend. BUMMER.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

OMG, Lopez, you are a saviour. I was SURE there were two different races, and I was trying to decide which one to do. But, alas it turns out I will be unable to go to Elma that weekend. BUMMER.
                    But you'll miss the donuts!

But you'll miss the donuts!
                      Cry