Masters Running

Saturday March 15 Masters Runs (Read 452 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Last night’s dinner and the Celtic concert were wonderful – AMAZING fiddle playing. Our counter offer was not accepted, so I guess it’s back to the drawing board for selling the house. That’s okay, though. The house has only been on the market for 6 days, so we’re not ready to drop our selling price quite yet. Besides, we really don’t see any houses that WE want to buy at the moment. 7.5 miles for me this morning in the eerie darkness of a predawn pea-soup fog (ave pace 10:05, ave HR 127, max HR 187). I think that MHR was when a German shepherd came barking at me from someone’s front lawn in the dark. The owner came out and was saying “WOOF WOOF…Oh, he’s just..WOOF WOOF…a baby…WOOF WOOF…and he won’t…WOOF WOOF…hurt you…WOOF WOOF…” Oookay. Lots of errands this morning so off I go. Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

btb1490

Good morning Holly. Good morning everyone! Holly, I'm not tooo jealous that you were able to go to that concert last night. I'm glad you had a good time. A nice birthday reward, and a nice break from all the hard work you've been putting into the house. Don't you love when dogs appear from nowhere, especially when you are already on edge due to the darkness and the fog? I got one of those "He won't bite" lines from an owner once, just seconds before the dog clamped onto my ankle. An unscheduled day off from running for me, as I try to give this broken body a chance to fix itself. I'm a little worried about tomorrows 20 miler. Right now I'm off to get a tune up (massage), hoping that'll help. Enjoy the day and the weekend all! Just think, by next weekend, spring will have sprung! Smile

Renee the dog

Mornin' all! Just got back from about as perfect a 9 miler as I could expect. My dog went out too fast but we luckily found another runner up on the boardwalk running 9:30 pace, so the dog calmed down and we ran with him on and off for 4 mi (our routes were different so we met, parted, then met again). By the time he turned around, my running partner had her head about her again. Overall time was 1:24:47, so we really ended up keeping that pace (and obviously sandbagging Shocked for a mi or so to get to that overall pace Big grin) This marks the first 9 miler I've completed in the last year. No ITB issues. I'm so proud of my body for continuing to work back to full-functioning. I love running longer. It always seems a little wasteful to stink up my clothes for just a few minutes out. For anyone following my sleep deprivation, it was 4 wake ups last night (between both kids). However, I was planning ahead and took a 2 hr nap after dinner from 9 - 11 pm, so it added up to a decent night. Good runs and races to everyone this weekend!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

'Morning everyone. Glad to see some good runs already. Mine, on the other hand, was one of those that you just forget about and move on. Went to sleep too late, I suspect. Tired and sluggish throughout. 5.5 miles @ 9:08. Tomorrow's another day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning Boomers. 10.2 miles in 1:35:10 this morning. 23F outside and lots of sun but still hard running around frozen water and snowbanks. I'm not sure I felt tall and strong and powerful - it was more of a Larry the Cable Guy run - "git 'er done." Still pleased with my progress training for the half coming up in May. Sorry your counter offer fell through, Holly. Not to worry, though. It sounds like you've got the price right if you've gotten that many offers in so little time. Did you bury St. Joseph? Nonoruns - you're not going to know what to do when your babies sleep through the night! You'll start waking up out of habit. Great run on such little sleep. Sounds like you earned another well deserved nap today. btb1490, I'm so sorry you're feeling aches and pains. A good massage will help, I'm sure. You're aways so positive and upbeat for everyone else. Back at ya! Hope your 20 miler tomorrow goes well. Tomorrow is my DH's 63rd birthday. Throwing a little get-together for him tonight. Off to bake his favorite dessert - carrot cake. Good Saturday runs, everyone. Jeanne
              Good morning everyone. Nice runs already. Well, except for Tramps and btb. Bob - hope you feel better before tomorrow. Tramps - as you know, it's only one run like that. You'll feel better next time. We met up with the Racine (Wisconsin) running club this morning. Now we have more runs with the Racine running club than with the two clubs we are members of Smile . This was fun to run with others, and we met up with them afterwards for coffee -- lots of nice people. Workout: 6.0 miles, 8:28/mi, AHR 149 Overall: 7.0 miles, 59:34

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Great runs everyone....and even when they are sluggish...as mine were all week.. But today...out at 6:30 AM...a very COLD 52 degrees....Pfitz Progressive run..as best I could do against a strong north wind.. 20 miles...first 10 about 9:30, next 8 about 8:40, mile 19 low 8's, final mile low 7's....not a bad run today.. Good running all...
                  5 miles slow & easy in the neighborhood w/DW. Holly don't get discouraged about the house May & June are usually good home selling/buying months. One of my favorite bands from my youth, The Guess Who were in concert an easy 45 mile drive away last night. I checked into tickets but they don't have Burt Cummings (the original lead singer) or Randy Bachman (writer & guitar player) so i changed my mind. I think to use the name there should be some kind of minimum standards for a relationship to the orginal band. Bob I hope the rest day fixes those aches enough for a successful 20 miler. Jlynn make a great carrott cake Big grin WRFB - Club runs and then coffee two of my favorite activities, glad you enjoyed it. Tramps the body usually knows best so listen. Nothing wrong with easy runs. Smile Tim that's a heck of a run especially since you raced 25k recently. I didn't sleep very well either, no excuse for me, don't know what happened I rarely have that problem. Wish you a wonderful weekend.........

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

As WRFB said, we ran with the running club in my hometown of Racine, Wisconsin this morning. I found them online, sent an email on Thursday, and they just couldn't have been nicer. We have a date to run the Maui Marathon with them in September 2009. Well, maybe that last part was a little bit of being caught up in the moment, but it sure sounds fun. The route this morning was 5.9 miles through three nearly adjacent cemeteries in Racine. I wasn't able to look around closely enough, but one of the cemeteries has lots of relatives as our family has been hanging around in Racine since the 1830s. There is still lots of snow here and the footing was pretty treacherous in places, due to refreezing after some melting yesterday. Holly - it sounds like there is active interest in your house which sounds promising - even if this particular offer didn't work out. And I'm glad you enjoyed your night out.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

One of my favorite bands from my youth, The Guess Who were in concert an easy 45 mile drive away last night. I checked into tickets but they don't have Burt Cummings (the original lead singer) or Randy Bachman (writer & guitar player) so i changed my mind.
                      Is that Randy Bachman from Bachman Turner Overdrive? I didn't know he was in Guess Who.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      munchkn883

WOW, I made the first page!! 11 miles for me this morning and it was great!! I thought I had a massage scheduled for this afternoon, but seems there was some mix up and when I called to make sure I had the correct time, I found out I'm not even on the schedule. Cry Guess it will just be a hot shower and couch for me this afternoon. Could be worse...my TV could be broke!! Wink Love you guys!!
                        PJH

Tim - what a great progression run today. It seems you've really ramped up your training lately. Nice job. Nonoruns - congrats on a nice run too! Good long run for me today ...longest since last fall. 17.6 mi ... 2:54 ... 9:55 pace ... 132 hr. It was supposed to be an 18-miler, but we start/end at a Starbuck's and I refused to go any further without coffee. Have a great day everyone! PJ
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Another 3 to 6 inches of snow today, and it's the slushy kind that's not fun to run in. So DS and I headed over to the Y and I did 3.6 miles on the TM very slowly, since my 5k race is tomorrow. This Y is not the one I usually go to, and it's beautiful - the TMs look out over the White Mountains in the far distance. It's located out in the country, too, so it's never crowded. I have to remember to start going to it more! We're off to the Olive Garden tonight to celebrate younger DS's birthday - he will be 13 on Tuesday. It also works out nice so older DS and I can eat pasta the night before our race. Whoo hoo! Have a good one! Teresa
                            spacityrunner

4.51 glorious miles in approx an hour with my running club peeps. Still doing a walk one, run one plan that seems to be working. The sun is shining and the trees are starting to green. Daffydills in bloom everywhere along the Mt. Vernon trail brought the hope of spring to everyone. The 20 mph winds reminded us that we are still in winter. Splits: 14:52, 11:48, 15:24, 11:55 and that last .51 was 15:38 ...couldn't of planned em any better. My club peeps think I am number nuts as I tell them, nope can stop yet as we are only at .98...gotta wait till we hit 1 Big grin BTB: The Foot?, well, lets just say it did not like sprinting in my dress shoes on Thursday, but seems to be getting over that little adventure. Holly too bad on the house deal. When I sold my place a couple of years ago, the first 2 or 3 offers fell through. I was discouraged and disappointed as it was a hot selling market then. My RE guy told me to have patience and 2 months after I listed I got a ridiculously high offer, very near my asking price, with no contingencies. SWEEETTTTTTT I still can't, to this day, believe I got what I got. Good runs and a good weekend to all.....enjoy the gift

Trails Rock!

Sleepy Saturday greetings! Even Boogie the beagle slept in (well sort of…) I woke up to the sound of the coffee maker doing its thing (auto-grinder with a timer) at 6:30. I think that’s the latest I have slept in years. It was raining and a perfect morning to snuggle deeper, but the kiddo had Little League evaluations at 8:30 and then a hockey game at 11 AM. I was going to throw my run into the morning, but decided to be mellow for once. Afternoon runs are always feel tougher for me, so I am glad this was just an easy/recovery run. Four miles at 12:30 PM, partly cloudy and 43F---no watch. No major aches or pains---all fine. Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music carried me over the miles as I was mostly lost in my thoughts---not brooding,---just remembering with gratitude all the friends, mentors, sponsors and advocates and how they have significant places in our lives, even when they pass away. Healing vibes to all the broken bodies out there. Until tomorrow, CNYrunner