Masters Running

Wednesday, April 16 (Read 40 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

It's snowing here, too, and I ran 5 miles outside, because I'm not a wimp like some people I know... 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

pfriese

Ezpz, point to point, wind a my back 7.5 mile run after work. Smile

Mike E

MM #5615

It's snowing here, too, and I ran 5 miles outside, because I'm not a wimp like some people I know... 

No truer words have ever been spoken.  I just feel so sorry for whomever she is referring to.  BTW...it is not easy posting on an iPad while running on a dang treadmill...11.79

Hey--did I use "whomever" correctly?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

DOG: aamos - I ‘m too laz. ..  I mean too busy to preview it but maybe it’s one of the rare useful links from amongst the 40-60 annoying teaser

links aol inundates users with each day but I doubt it.

a-dog-its-good-for-your-heart-and-your-wallet .

PS - Are you sure you didn't miss the Boston Marathon this year as April 21 seems a little late in the month.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Do you know how many times I've dreamt that I missed my marathon?

DONE DONE DONE!!!  I am done with work until next Wednesday!!  YIPPEE!!  Not sure I could have taken one more day in there - was in an OR case yesterday where those surgical risks the doctors always review with their patients actually happened - we were in there for 4 hours!!  Then today had a mostly nice day until the last 2 hours when every pregnant patient in the area needed to be seen in triage -- seriously!!  I think someone sends out a message when we are having a nice day and tells everyone we're not busy so go to triage!!  Thanks a lot!!

Ok - that's all for tonight -- not really complaining --- I do love my job, but am glad I can just focus on church services and the marathon for the next 5 days!! 

denise

Wild, we know that you are definitely not a wimp. Mike, 13 miles on the treadmill is not wimpy either. Deep, thanks for your devotion to the nursing profession. My oldest DD is an R.N. in OB labor and delivery.  Do you work 12 hour shifts and then get many days off in a row?

I had a good workout at the Y tonight. The fitness trainer was there and I got to visit with him a bit. He put a six week plan together for me, then I will meet with him again to tweak it after that. I almost bailed on the swimming but got in my measly six laps. It seems like I was less tired this time. I'd sure like to put that mini triathlon on my blurb for the 40th class reunion booklet! It is two weeks from Saturday; six laps; 25K bike and 5K run. I think I can, I think I can,,,,,

Oh, it was snowing when I left the Y and the wind is howling, The sun and warmth is coming though, Mike. Just wait till Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, I would sure like to hear Breugger's solo with his choir, maybe he will post a video again.

G'night and good ruining everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Deez4boys, enjoy your week off.

MikeE, LOL about posting on your ipad from the TM.

9 miles for me tonight, 4 with the Easy Pacer and the rest doing some speed work (6x800m in 3:56 av. with 100m intervals).

Sorry to hear about the snow and bad weather you guys are having. Gorgeous spring weather here. Tulips are in full bloom!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Snow is not bad weather - just a different kind of good weather!   I actually like running in the snow.  Maybe not so much in April, but it beats H&H any day.

Starr - just had to say I like your typo:  "G'night and good ruining everyone." 

Mike - 13 miles on a TM is certainly not wimpy!  I don't think I've made it more than 3 miles on a TM in my whole life - I just can't do it.  Whomever I was referring to shall remain a mystery...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Well, I will never call someone wimpy for running on the treadmill. Ever. And I really don't like running in snow unless it's nicely hard packed and especially if I have spikes on my shoes. I really don't like running in new soft snow. Bleh.

Sorry for the snow, Mike. You've really had more than your share this year. You and the Michigan folks. But I hear MN got a lot. Oh, and the use of whomever was fine, but don't end your sentences with a preposition! So.... "To whom (ok, or whomever) are you referring?" But I'm really not that much of a grammar cop. Especially tapping away on an iPad with the occasionally hilarious auto-correct!

We had a really nice day here after the clouds cleared out. Nice and sunny this afternoon and temps at 50. I ran 8.1 miles. Had to do some double-backs when I came upon big puddles, and minced thru some slushy spots. But it was nice and sunny, warm with no wind. What's not to like?