Masters Running

Sun 11/16 Daily (Read 379 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang I waited for someone else to start the daily but now I've gotta go to work. Me being Irish I thought I would post this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xkw8ip43Vk Non political just a bit of craic. Oh, a nice 4 miler on the trail MrsRoy and the woody boy of course. Anyway: 4m 46:51 11:43 pave AHR 136 Good runs All Royhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xkw8ip43Vk

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Roy, way to start us off with a run...seems like there are sooo many in the non running 40/0 club. Here to post another "non" run to stay one day ahead of Twokitty, and make tet more nervous as I am 1/2 way to 30 days....tet is really feel'n the heat now and is encouraging me to run...not falling for that one buddie (but would happily give up the status of "non" running for 30 days, if I COULD run)...yeah tet, I AM catching on, and the benefits are amazing...and I am just getting started. Hope Tramps doesn't feel too bad this morning, and hope TamBo can make it to the coffee pot ok this morning...sliding down the stairs on a mattress, lol. Twocat, I still beat ya today...I did have a LONG "non" run this morning...didn't even break a sweat Hope all have a Blessed Sunday and good runs and such, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hill Runner

Good morning Roy & Tim Catchy tune there Roy... Big grin ...So I was planning on running 10 this morning and woke up with congestion and a sore AT after last nights Bonfire/BBQ. I started feeling guilty after about an hour & got my lazy butt out of bed, walked off some soreness in the AT and got out there...I'm glad that I pushed myself because I felt great after the run... Smile 10.12 miles of hills @ 9:04 pace on a chilly but beautiful sunny morning...leaves all over the place today. Enjoy the weather today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Just signed on! Angry Angry Angry I cannot believe biketm beat me to non-running yet again! Angry My next non-run is gong to have to be sometime before dawn. Maybe it is time to schedule a trip to Europe! Big grin perchcreek if you stop by see my note to you about my trip to NC in yesterday's daily.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I was going to do 14 or 12. But I ended up with 9. I didn't feel like running today. I decided to get a good headwind on the first half so I'd have a tailwind at the end. As it turns out I think the winds were like 20 mph. It was chilly, too, at 43°F. That took a lot out of me and some of the fun out of the run -- more the latter I think. 9.3 miles, 1:19, 8:27/mi, AHR 148

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Twocat.. saw your note.. I'm in the Western part of NC on business Mon-Fri. Are you still around Saturday? BikeTM.. nice long non run! I guess instead of LSD (long Slow Run), you did a LND (long no distance) Smile Peter was that a celebratory BQ BBQ? Today I ran long because..... I love to run... 17 miles in 2:34:31 (9:05 pace, AHR 149). Running through the colorful leaves on the empty trails on my favorute route feeling good the whole way. Last mile 8:12. 39-46F, tights, shorts, Long Sleeve Tee,gloves,mp3, fuel belt with water only Broke 2300 miles for the year today!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Hope Tramps doesn't feel too bad this morning
                Nah, I'm a big picture kind of guy. Yesterday was small potatoes. Besides… He who learns to run away, lives to run another day. Is it too early to be checking weather? Big grin I’m looking for fun, a PR (not BQ), and to finish strong, regardless of time...weather permitting Roll eyes BTW, I thought this was a funny little story about the guy who finished last at last year’s Richmond marathon. A great attitude! Good running out there already! I'll get a few easy miles in later.

Be safe. Be kind.

perchcreek bummer about your being out of town. Alas, I am leaving on Friday. Really too bad as my original plan was to stay until Sunday and run the Rocky Mount Half Marathon. Ahh, . . . "the best laid plans . . ." Probably not a good idea at this point!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

40/0 club, LND.....there should be more terms for not running. Like your NO2 max, instead of VO2 max, etc. Maybe a SLO2 max? Tramps....good to hear that you're taking it in stride. 10.5 worth of rollers at 1:29:00 (8:41's), 142/170 Must go make the 2 DD's tree house weatherproof.....finish the roof, pop in the windows. Walt
                      8 miles with some speed half-way through...7:44 pace
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                        Thanks for the great start Roy that's one catchy tune, now I can"t get it outta my head Roll eyes The non-runners racing is very interesting Tim is quick out of the blocks but I think Twocat will out last him Big grin Not that that's a good thing Sad Like most others I ran 6.2 rather than my planned 9 because it was a group run with choice of 6.2 or 9 and the only 2 guys going 9 are too fast for me. I didn't want to run alone today so tagged along with the slow & easy gang Smile Tramps sorry to hear about your marathon disappointment but at least you're still healthy. Get'em next time. Perch 2300 miles Big grin AWESOME!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

flatland mountaineer

Lynda and I moved harvest equipment to fields 7 miles from the house and ran home. Nice Nebraska fall morning but bucked a head wind the whole way home (Kansas hill work).

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Renee the dog

Haven't run yet -- hoping to get my courage up and face the wind around 4 pm. We're having a holiday decorating party right now (just the husband, me and kids). Lots of decisions to be made since it'll be our first Christmas here. Amazing how a 4 and not quite 2 yr. old have such opinions as to where things should go! I had to look up how to make bows, so I snuck by to read the daily. Shhhh! Oh, and yes, I used to work retail, so I got used to starting early for the decorating. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

good afternoon! Thanks for starting us Roy. Nice run with Mrs. Roy & the Woody Boy. that rhymes. I'll look at the link later. wow Peter, that was a nice run after a rough start. I'm glad it worked. Tramps, yippee!! Perch, that sounds wonderful.. I'm all motivated now. I don't think I'll read the rest right now. I think I want to take a nap because I am a slug. But I had a decent morning. 34F, & 15 mph winds... intermittent snow. 10 min. walk, 7.33 mile run. average pace 9:51, max 7:25, ahr 170, max 185. the miles were ok... 10:41, 9:58, 9:24, 9:28, 9:22, 9:54, 9:44. last 2 were slow but were directly into the wind & snow. can't say I was having fun at that point. When I was done my face was numb, lips too because I tried to talk to someone & it came out funny. There were some nice moments... saw a blue heron. Heard a goose concert. And the big flakes coming down were so pretty ( I can't believe i'm saying that). Then, since I'd really rather do more than 7, I went to the gym, about 5 min. away, & did 31 min. on the elliptical, 20 on the bike, & a whole bunch of stability ball exercises. stretched well, then a good long stay in the whirlpool. I'm making some progress on the injuries... there was some pain this morning but not too bad! Smile. nice runs nonruns etc. to you all.

Marathon Maniac #957

Divechief – I’m such a goof, I totally forgot that there’s another Seattle marathon besides the R&R marathon. Are they on the same (hilly) course? {{{Lamerunner}}} Tramps – go for it! And I love Barry’s attitude – good for him! DS – glad you’re owies are getting better. 15 miles for me today on the TM, with miles 3, 5, 7, 9 at 8:41, and the rest of the run slower than dirt. I just didn’t feel like dealing with the high winds outside this morning, on top of wet and cold (low 30’s). Wimpy me. What I found out, though, about LRs on the TM is that it’s too easy to keep hopping off to use the bathroom or get a drink or use the bathroom or get a drink…I think even with a movie to watch my attention span on the TM is shorter. Still, I got the distance in, if a bit slow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."