Masters Running

Tuesday 3-11 Daily (Read 40 times)

Tramps

Good morning.  It's been a long time since I started one of these.

Ribs and Holly--I'm envious of those numbers.  My doc is likely to put me on meds this year.  I've been borderline high and climbing for some time now.  Damn genes.

Out for 7 this morning.  Very warm day here, headed to the 70s.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' Tramps and everyone!

My condolences to you and your family, TW. I like that your folks are together again.

Lot'a weather ups and downs, eh, Dave?

I'm glad you and the birds had a nice 5er (in the dark) yesterday, Tramps. Nice 7 this morning. 70 degrees? What's that?

How nice that Jlynne got to enjoy an outdoor run yesterday too!

We also got flurries yesterday morning, Marj. They didn't amount to anything here either.

Congrats and good luck in your new RD role, Slo. The HPL looks like a good group doing good works. Gotta like that.

Congrats on your fast Komen and awards, Aamos, as well as your good runs on Sunday and yesterday. Enjoy the new headlamp.

Agreed, Holly - It's interesting to watch winter and spring battle it out for domination every March. Winter won't give up easily this year. Excellent results on your blood work!

Tough socks-for-beer quiz, Ribs!

I'm glad you were so reflective yesterday, CNY - just after the change to DST is when too many morning accidents happen.

7 for lunch, C-R? Nice.

You get to wake up to sunshine, Mariposai? Jealous...

Yes, Rassmussenmp, hail can hurt! Good choice to head for the TM.

I'm glad you got some good weather to cheer you up, Starr. Nice run yesterday.

Today is voting day in our town, and in most towns across NH. We have 49 warrant articles on the ballot, so I'd better pack a lunch for when I go vote.

Got my Boston volunteer assignment a few days ago. I'll be helping to guild folks to one of the corrals again this year, although I don't know yet which one. I hope to see some familiar faces that morning!

5 miles at 4 o'dark this morning. I saw Jim as he was finishing his run, and walked and chatted with Steve for about half a mile. It was 34F, which was just cold enough to make some of the damp roads a bit slick so my footing was iffy at best - a good morning to back off for a relatively easy workout.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I got an email from the local running store about events at their different locations and last night was our town's night.  So I go over for the food, drinks and 10% off everything.  I even told my running neighbor about it as I was driving by (he was out at the end of his driving trying to chip a little more ice off the drains in the road.)   Well, they did have one of their evening group runs because I saw about 20 people sliding around the icy sidewalk as I drove up, but that was about it.

I rechecked the email and saw that the part about all the extra stuff was actually on March 23rd. 

I have got to learn to read things more carefully.

Well, as long as I was there I bought a new pair of Brooks Ravenna's.  Version 5 is out and I've been wanting a pair.  I have a pair of 3's and two pair of 4's (and I recently retired my 2's).  So far I like them all.

Yesterday I got up early, went right to the treadmill, and started feeling sick.  Today I let my body wake up more.

Ran 1 mile in my new shoes on the treadmill then did my workout thing at the gym.  First time at the gym in 6-7 weeks.  That means I won't be able to move tomorrow.

Came home and switched out the yellow laces in my shoes with some black ones.  They include the black laces in the box because they know I won't like the bright yellow ones.

Don't look now, but Thursday morning it is supposed to be -2°

since tramps Wished me Well on TheShot, I'm posting on his thread................

==============

...34mprnb

ws

.........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Mornin Folks!

G' Afternoon to you later folks...

An early evening shorts wearing run yesterday! The rec trail was packed...It's been a hard winter and good to see some famliar faces back out.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not quite shorts weather, but tempted at 35 this morning.  Back into the dark for another couple of weeks for 4 miles.  Felt like I was going pretty fast, but for some reason the Garmin didn't agree.  Hate when that happens.

TW sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.  Related the story of the mingled ashes to DW, but she didn't see the humor in it as you (and I) did.  Go figure.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Tramps, in the 70? wow.

The ads here are reminding me that I need to renew my subscription!

I had a short weather run last night after work with the Easy Pacer. I always enjoy running with me. He has been so consistent with his runs in the last year that he is starting to run back to back a few times a week. He told me last night that he will be running 8 miles this weekend to get ready for the Orchards in bloom Half .

Up early today for a 8 miler in total darkness . Crispy weather, just perfect. The birds were singing as they saw me pass by .

Welcome back Rusmussenmp! Wanna come to run a half in Omak the week before the Ave of the Giants? Enkie and Davie and possibly Tetsujin will be here too Smile)). Check this out: omakorchardsinbloom.org

A fun filled day at work awaits for me. I better get there!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hi Tramps!

2.5 in IRC.  Tuesday hugs all around.

Henrun

Almost 5 in shorts, long sleeve T and wind vest. Hitting the mid 50's here. Circled a favorite pond. Marj had done it 20 minutes earlier and had found an icy spot. By the time I got there it had already melted.

Marathon Maniac #957

Damn genes.

The genetics play a huge part in it for sure.  While I do eat mostly pretty good, my numbers are likely more related to genetics than my own actions.

Econo - hiyah!

7.1 miles for me this morning in a breezy 48 degrees.  Back to the deep freeze tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Afternoon!

So super to read about everyone appreciating signs of spring.  I have to enjoy that vicariously.  I've been enjoying the cooler temps and lower humidity; really, summer is the equivalent of winter here, in that it's storm season, tough weather in which to run long, hard to be outside for long a lot of days.

Jay, DH is super-excited about your offer to give him some critiques.  He'll send you a message so we don't bore everyone here, and please, don't spend too much time; you are already way too busy and generous with your valuable minutes.  Please post what your exact assignment (what number gates you will be at) at the marathon.  We'll come find you so we can at least wave while you go about your duties.

Tramps, me too with the bad genes.  Been able to stay off meds for now, but I have similar fears.  Envy in one of those bad emotions, but I know, it gets me too!

I'm splitting up my run today into 3 parts.  Did about 5.75 this am.  Just easy.  Going out now for about 3, just to warm up (gosh darn AC is way too chilly here) and then will meet up with some folks after work for speed work.  It's because of the latter I thought it'd be prudent to take it easy before then.

Saw a quirky, entertaining Sam Mendes film last night, "Away We Go," from 2009.  Really entertaining road trip movie with endearing main characters.  And comes in around an hour and a half, really good for a "school night."

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Holly, beer in moderation is a great boost to HDL.  We're doing one thing right.

Just 2.3 today; felt stiff and sluggish the whole way, no explanation.  Tomorrow will do some fast stuff and then decide if I want to race on Saturday or not. I hate this constant tiredness.

It's low 80's here, bright sunny sky and breezy, certainly shorts weather. I'm now guessing that's what it will be from here on in. But this winter has been full of surprises.

One of our big local running stores has a coach, 70 years old now, who has helped numerous people get started in running, prepare for big races, organized workouts, relays and other events. One of those guy everyone loves. Saw him at the Cowtown expo just two weeks ago. Wanted to know all about my running, deflected any questions about how he was doing.

So today, the owner of the store posts on FB that the man died last night.  Maybe because he is so close in age to me, or maybe because I just talked to him...We always say when we hear someone died, "I just talked to him the other day!  But it got to me today.  Spareribs

C-R

Hey all. Another 7 at lunch with 5.5 at MP. Enjoying the warm weather before tomorrow's snow.

Sorry about your friend Ribs. Unfortunately as we age it seems to happen to more and more of our friends.

I like beer!

Back to work.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Does wine help those numbers too?

Wow Ribs, sorry to hear that.

{{{TW}}}

Just skimming lately.

Last week, well, I ran 3 on Friday and my knee was not happy, so I took the entire weekend off, and Monday, but today I decided to try it out again - did 5 lovely miles in 56F and sunshine, shorts, T-shirt and hot in the sun.  I was only going to do 3, to baby the knee, but it seemed fine and it was SO NICE outside.

Tomorrow's high is going to be 62F........there will be a happy sweaty runner somewhere!    I am taking the next few days off work, unfortunately not going anywhere but doing home stuff.

The bus driver today said at every stop "have a terrific Tuesday!"  Not sure what got into him, but maybe spring coming?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

New skirt in town

I read your FB blog post about your friend, Ribs.  I'm so sorry.

My HDL is usually in the 80's and I thought that was good.  Now I have an inferiority complex!!

I'm doing a lot of meat and potatoes runs.  9.1 miles easy yesterday AM, and 8.6 miles today with 8x400m intervals.  A few easier days coming up, only because I have early morning meetings to get to.

I visited my chiropractor today because I had an appointment scheduled, but nothing really hurt. The Active Release Therapy poked and prodded and found a few unexpected hot spots that I'll work on.  It's all about maintenance as I coast into these last 6 weeks before Boston.

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA