Masters Running

Friday, January 18 Runs and Such (Read 51 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

I finally feel like I've turned a corner on this cold.  Oh, the symptoms are still there, but I don't FEEL like death.

{{{more hugs to Mike}}}

{{{to all who are suffering from the crud}}}

2 very slow miles on the TM, followed by a short weights workout and planks.

Only 7 more weeks till March!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

{{{{{Mike and family}}}}}  Wishing you peace and strength.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

[[[[[ mike ]]]].........You're in Our Prayers.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

{{{Mike}}} I'm so sorry about your sister. My prayers to you and your family. It's been a tough haul for you lately. Take care of yourself.

Glad you're feeling better Holly.

Welcome back Carolyn! It's always interesting dealing with the culture in other countries. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

I work at one of the high schools here and decided to get an opinion from our athletic trainer. I told him what happened, and after doing some pokes and prods he decided I'm going to be okay. He thought I bruised my pubic bone and hamstring and told me to just take it easy for a few days. I went to the Y this morning and did the eliptical for 45 minutes and everything was fine so I decided to try running. Everything is not fine. Yet.  The process of pushing off with my left leg is still painful. But you know what? I was smart enough to stop running. Smile

DH is down with the crud. I love him dearly, and I really like all of you guys here at RA. But why are men such babies when they get sick? You'd think he had the black plague or something. Take some cold meds, blow your nose and suck it up a little!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

{{{Mike}}}

Tramps

So sorry for your loss, Mike.  The best to you and your family as you work through this.

Holly--glad to hear you're improving.  I hope you're recovering from the fall.  (A runner in heels?  Really? Wink )

Our predicted snow never materialized locally, so I had clear roads for an EZ 12.3 miler.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

...Note to tet///..........Using a ''Little Testosterone'' is like getting caught with a ''Little Heroin''

...........it still ain't right...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Just came here to send prayers and butterfly hugs to Mike and his family.

No running today since the crud is on my chest and sinus. Being sick sure makes you appreciate the many days and hours we are well.

I do plan to go skiing tomorrow, crud or not the cold fresh air should help!

Joy of joy, here comes a three day weekend for some of us!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

I'm sorry Mike. My sympathies are with you today.

So where's Earthrunner today huh? I figured he'd start the daily with an apology to me! Prolly too busy working that Precor up to max burn.

Man, I hated hearing about Holly falling down the stairs, and glad you are okay.  That could have been very bad.

jlynne is spot on about men when they're sick.  The Saint could be at death's door and you'd never know it.  When I get a cold, I make the whole world stop around me.

Just home from a trip to Springfield, MO where everything went wrong with travel and logistics, but all went perfectly with the client, so that's all okay. Got a speeding ticket too, my first since I was in my 20's. I told the State Trooper, "this will be the easiest citation you ever wrote, because I have no stories, no whining and no complaints."

6.6 miles this morning, 2.2 of it with my RP who then went off to the track to do interval work, while I ran easy. We have differing agendas right now as I am doing Boston training and she needs to work on speed.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

so how fast were you going Ribs? bummer on the ticket though.

How's the back feeling Holly?

Get well Mariposai! Seems like whenever I fly (which is only like once every 3-4 yrs, if that!), I always feel run-down a few days later. all those germs circulating on the plane. ick.

ran 3 at the track last night. And will get in a lunchtime run. Won't get in a run tomorrow since we'll be out of town all day. Just a few laps on Pre's HS track is all we'll probably have time for.

more hugs and prayers for Mike and his family.

Tet - I watched about 40 min of Lance's interview with Oprah last night. While she does, at times, tend to show some sympathy (of which I have none!), there were also lots of time she asked some pretty pointed questions that clearly put him in the hotseat and made him uncomfortable. I liked seeing him stumble over how he was going to respond. Such a shame that a guy that brought so much attention to cancer survival, his Livestrong Foundation, etc. has tarnished everything he touched.

Tammy

Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. My DW is visiting her sister -- and only sibling -- this week to help her get prepared for her final stages of terminal cancer, and I can see its effect on her already.

Lance's "apology" to Betsy Andreu, whose life and husband's career he wrecked when she attempted to tell the truth many years ago: "I know I called you 'crazy' and a 'bitch', but I never called you 'fat'". Unbelievable. Narcissists never do really "get it."

Skipped the run today to take my time getting some other things done. Besides, it should be about 12 degrees warmer tomorrow for the club run. Have a good weekend, folks!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TammyinGP

Lance's "apology" to Betsy Andreu, whose life and husband's career he wrecked when she attempted to tell the truth many years ago: "I know I called you 'crazy' and a 'bitch', but I never called you 'fat'". Unbelievable. Narcissists never do really "get it."

I saw that part also. I was jawdropped and it looked like Oprah was shocked with that mindset also and tried to call him out on that but he didn't seem to "get" how one untruth, doesn't negate the other names he called her.

Tammy

Mike, so sorry to hear about your sister.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  I'm glad to hear Holly is getting better from  her cold and fall.  Also sounds like improvement for jlynne.  breger, It's good to know your mom's problem was due to her medecine and has been resolved.

I got in 7+ hours selling shoes at the big sidewalk sales yesterday and enjoyed it.  Today, I'm scheduled for another 6 hours.  This mornig, I went out for a couple of miles just to say I'd done something and to get the blood flowing.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

C-R

Sorry to hear about your sister Mike. We will be keeping you all in our prayers.

Glad your on the mend Holly and Jlynne. Easy does it.

I am so tired of the Lance thing. I once thought really highly of him and one of my wife's surgeons was on his medical team during his fight with cancer so there was a common thread that made me root for him. Now he's just another selfish and corrupt narcissist in my eyes. I hope the can make amends with those he really hurt.  Very sad stuff.

Get better quick Mari.

That's a lot of shoe selling Tom. Sounds like the equivalent of a long run.

6 1/4 at lunch very easy. Looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

I  never saw the Lance interview nor do I intend to see it. What was the purpose of the interview? Was he trying to redeem himself? Whose idea was it anyway? Perhaps his lawyers have a plan.

Tramps, great MIL for you today!

Thanks for the warm hugs! Jet lag plus the crud really make me one miserable human being right now. Unfortunately I had to work today since I am the only one holding a team of curriculum writers to send our project for approval to our agency's headquarters and the deadline is today.Roll eyes Thanks goodness tomorrow is Saturday!

Jlynne, you crack me up. In our house I am the baby when I am sick.

BTW, where is Opie?

Butterfly hugs to Erika, just because.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard