Masters Running

newbies in paradise (Read 532 times)

Me

When we tuned in last week, Mike had just asked; "Would the east coast be easier to manage? If I'm going to go to Cincinatti, I may be able to go to New England. Just a thought." Remember those show openers and closers, "Tune in next week when Mike says. . ." Hey Everyone, Mike
      Tune in tomorrow when Eliz suggests: what about the New Jersey marathon weekend? Kinda near NYC, early May, HM and marathon (and some other stuff, too, I think) on the menu. A friend of mine did the half last year and said it was a blast. I'll talk to her more about it this weekend when I'm "down the shore." Smile Also Ocean Drive marathon in March. Full, half, 10M, and 5K. 'Cept I can't be there because I'm singing a huge gig that day - Verdi Requiem in Philly. OK, never mind. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

xor

There is no way that a race site/weekend will please everyone Smile. Good luck with this! Anyway, NJ is the same weekend as Pig (and several other wonderful races). I know I can't do either one because I've already committed to one of those other wonderful races. Now, having done both I'll just state the opinion that Pig is a much more fun weekend than NJ. That comes from a person who isn't from the Northeast. Those of you from the Northeast will have a different view, of course. But NJ is ok. If that became the choice, people probably wouldn't be disappointed.

I'm with Eliz and the NJ ones. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Me

I say we all go listen to Eliz sing.
              I say we all go listen to Eliz sing.
              It's not like I'm the alto soloist! I'll be one voice in a choir of over 100. Go run!! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

xor

I'm with Eliz and the NJ ones. Laurie
                I will say that you have an odd definition of "central", 'cause I'm pretty sure it was you who wrote that, no?

Rindaroo

LOL! Central.. hmmm & New Jersey? I'm jealous.. it doesn't look good for me to meet you guys. Of course, I am on the West coast & most of you are in the East. Also, time with Dad seems to be top on the list these days. Btw - he had outpatient surgery yesterday for debriding of 2 fingers, still has some infection & surgeon is threatening to put him back in the hospital. Debbie - do you really want an update on my ankle.... well I tried to wrap it last Saturday & that only made it worse. I think that its tendon related, like maybe tendonitis. It seems a waste of time to go to the doctor though, so I haven't gone. There is one pair of shoes (which are 2 inch heels) that seem to make it better.. not the flat shoes. So, I am trying to wear these shoes at work mostly, slowly getting better again. I have been pretty wiped out this week & have not made it to the gym Sad how are you doing? Tonight I went to DS' first basketball game of the season & then a meeting about new math for 2nd grade - yikes! It makes no sense, but the school is having amazing results....
                    Yep I suggested central. I am just going along with the NJ suggestion. Just trying to be flexible. LA

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Me

ditto on the flexible. that's my middle name, flexible. Michael Flexible White. 4 miles this morning. Cheers Mike
                      Rindaroo

ahhh guys just joking around. The east makes more sense because it would be easier for the majority to get together. So, I couldn't stand it anymore.... I got on the treadmill to test the foot out. I did 30 minutes - 10walk/10 run/10 walk. 1.64 miles in all. While running I noticed the foot leaned to the left, and didn't want to go straight.. I'm putting ice on it right now... yep, its swelling a teeny bit right where DD's foot landed a couple of weeks ago. oy! With rest it does get better, so that has to be a irritated tendon right? It felt good to get a little exercise... Birthday celebrations today for the little DD, CYL!
                          There is one pair of shoes (which are 2 inch heels) that seem to make it better.. not the flat shoes.
                          I'm having real/work-shoe related issues, too. My whole being wants it to always be summer so that I can go barefoot on the beach most of the time! I also had success with slight heels. I got a pair of Merrel dress shoes last weekend that are fantastic so far. Don't have much else to say about running, since it's not something I seem to be doing lately. Carpy 2.7 miles on Tuesday is still my total for the week. Sun's out here at the shore now, but the wind is whipping and thunderstorms are predicted. If the weather's even remotely safe, I'm going to at least walk in a few hours after I get this stupid paper written. (Guess I need to stop hanging out online to make that happen, huh?!?) Happy weekend, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Sorry, I messed up the quote thing and don't know how to fix it - again. Embarrassed

flomotioncoaching.com

I agree that we should meet and run where it is the most convenient for the majority. Linda, staying off of it til it heals might be the best idea. Eliz, I know exactly how you feel about summer. I was not made for cold weather either. I have a friend in NJ who has been emailing saying how wonderful the weather is and how he is cycling and tanning in the back yard. Jealous, jealous, jealous. 4.75 difficult miles yesterday for me. Ran with the Manchester Road Race group. They are fast and it is hilly. Laurie

Me

bump. trying to keep us off of page 2. Big grin Mike