Masters Running

40'w On the Run - Wk of 0224/08 (Read 378 times)

Yay Carol...glad to hear from you! Busy, busy bee you are and still getting in some decent miles every week, thats super. Dropping a few pounds as well. Congrats.....how come the guys always seem to lose more weight faster than us gals, no fair. mtnchk...love the snow pics and I agree with Leslie, Mariread looks soooooo happy. Keep a sloshin' thru that stuff you're a trooper. The Slackers HM sounds like a fun one! btb.....yes typing does count! Glad ya peeked in and chatted with us. Speaking of the heat gettin' to me...we had a cold front move thru and today and tomorrow are chilly days/nights. bty....A nice little vacation ya had there. We wondered where you RAN off to. My girls are 17 months apart so I hear ya on the ole competitive thing. Click on my sig and I have a new pic up of them just before they left the house to go battle the Jrs. against the Srs. Powder Puff game. They both did competitive gymnastics for 8 years/ played rec. basketball/did cheerleading and they both ran XC. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses and I've witnessed many a tears as they have grown. Leslie...love the bench pic! Hope your friend bonds well with the dog and you guys get to have a 4-legged friend with ya on the trails! r2farm....sounds like you're enjoying the warmer days and dressing alot lighter. Not use to the traffic lights, eh? You ole country boy, you! Joe....Enjoy your vacation....we want some pics! Arla....hope the back is just a bit of a tweak sorta thing and nothing serious. Take it slow and easy and listen to the ole bod! You're doing great! With all this talk of dogs...my sis who lives in Ocala who doesn't have children but has a BIG passion for animals had to put her dear Cleo (Sheltie) to sleep a couple of days ago. She lives on a lake, rather woodsy and for a couple of weeks the vet said that blood tests were pointing towards Lyme disease, then just 3 days ago she wouldn't eat or play so they brought her back up to the vet where he did an x-ray and she had a massive mass in her spleen (cancer) and wasn't expected to last 48 hrs. They had her put to sleep and brought her home and buried her down by the lake. My sister was devasted. That dog was seriously her pride and joy. I'm gonna miss her as well, dang it. They still have Rambo, the Great Dane and Sport the Chocolate Lab so at least the house won't be too quiet without her. Sniff..... Did I run today? Nope, just checkin' in.........Jewels
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Top 'O the World!

Hey Everybody! Rest day for me today....well, discounting work, housework, helping w/homework & walking doggies....(Carol: only if you can get 'em up here! Wink ) We seemed to have swapped out weather patterns for the now....(sorry Brian, Joe, any other East Coasters I'm missing....) 60*F/19%H.....crystally clear, calm Smile ah, well - I don't feel tooo badly about not running today....supposed to stay this way for pretty much the next 3 days!! Arla: RICE!! rest, ice, compression (massage), elevation (w/margarita in hand Big grin ) oh, & maybe vitamin "I" Brian: I know what you mean! my sons are 18mos apart...now 27 & 28 1/2....and they still vacillate btwn best friends/biggest rivals!! Undecided ....at least I am no longer patching drywall....er, you have an athletic outlet for them at this critical stage in their development! Remember! These are the years to a.) keep a sense of humor & b.) keep a camera handy at ALL times! as you don't know when the best blackmail info will present itself! Evil grin
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Carol - You're quite the busy beaver. When it rains . . . . Congrats on the weight loss. Weigth Watchers is how I got my start, and I praise them all I can. My friend, Karen, lost 60 pounds through WW and exercise. Jewels - Great pic of your girls. Who won?? Brian - It's nice you got to get away for a few days. Between you, Farmer Jim, and Bob, us ladies are starting to feel left outta the whole gettin' away thing. . . . oh wait, I just got back from vacation. Was it only last month?? Re Karen adopting a dog. I guess the hound is staying in its current home. The owners have been able to work out whatever the problem was. However, she is looking at black lab that about 18 months old that was picked up awhile back by Miranda's Rescue, a local private animal rescue. His name's Charlie, and he's being fostered by a lady who's a dog trainer. Karen finally got to spend time with him the other day and has basically fallen in love. She's going to make an appointment with her vet to give him a physical, and if all looks good, she'll be able to get him next weekend. Yes, I ran this morning. 3.65 miles in 40:27 w/five hill repeats thrown in. Ugh! My legs are still trying to get their endurance back up. I have my schedule for the next month and geez! I think Coach is trying to kill me. Wink Beginning next week, my hill repeats (which are happen once a week) will be 5 miles w/5-10 hill repeats, and strides (or whatever other people call them) will be 5 miles w/five 2-minute strides thrown in. The lower half of my body better be smokin' hot by the time I get through all this!! Big grin You all have a great day. I'll be peeking back in later.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Gracious! Where is everybody?!? ...besides veggin' in the sand w/Mai-Tai's Evil grin Leslie: Big grin you will thank Coach w/hot buns & hardware! Wink......I'm glad Karen fell in love Smile....& an 18 mo old lab should be about perfect (hunting dogs are bred for endurance!)....but tell her she now needs to do "2 a days" to build him up for your trail runs! and after he's "ramped up," the more he runs, the better behaved he'll be! Wink Mairead is doing awesome after just 4 months! she's come completely out of her shell - tail & ears up!....no more bridge or storm sewer foibles...her running is coming along, although I still haven't taken her quite the distance I was w/Misty yet, I believe she'll be ready by Summer....she always has gotten along well w/the Pomeranians - which I'm walking w/her when we take Abby to school (I get quite the looks from neighbors!).... Beautiful Spring-like weather again! 52*F/20% H clear & calm..... 8.07 miles ave 11:30 pc (after I dropped off the Pommies - their avg pc is more like 18mm!) Good runs everyone!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            but tell her she now needs to do "2 a days"
            Confused Confused

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Gracious! Where is everybody?!? ...besides veggin' in the sand w/Mai-Tai's Evil grin !
              Uh uh! Not me...no!!!! It's been beee eee aaay beautiful down here since Monday! Our last "nuisance value" snow was over Sunday night, and since then it's been glorious! Ran a relaxed five miler along the New Santa Fe trail today...humming and singin' to myself all the way...Pikes Peak, covered in snow, clear blue skies and lil biddy fluffy clouds!!! Damn! I love Colorado on a beautiful day Big grin

Top 'O the World!

Confused Confused
                LOL! walking/easy jogging the dog am & pm.....shorter trips 'till acclimated...

Top 'O the World!

clear blue skies and lil biddy fluffy clouds!!! Damn! I love Colorado on a beautiful day Big grin
                  ME TOO! ME TOO! low 60's forecast for today (called into work! Sad ) low 70's for tomorrow (have to work till noon..) mta: I dunno how to do mult. quotes in one posting Confused C
                    It's a dreary, heavy fog day here on the Ole North Coast. Didn't get home until after 11:00 last night from Bonkos and didn't get to bed 'til almost midnight, so I refused to get up this morning at 5:00. Nope, no way. That didn't stop the cats from thinking it was time to get up and eat. But I just cracked the slider door and let them do their freak out thing 'til I drug my a$$ outta bed around 7:15. Then I was running late, late, late for work. Oh well . . . it's Friday! Didn't win any dinero last night at Bonkos. Dang! But we sure did have a good time! Some of us gals decided we need to have a chick slumber party with lots of margaritas. Any of you gals wanna join us?!? Big grin I'm off the doctor at noon to have my knee looked at. Keep your fingers crossed it's something that a stronger anti-inflammatory can fix. Happy Friday!!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Friday Factoids: FACT: The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes. FACT: The electric chair was invented by a dentist. FACT: There are only four words in the English language which end in “- dous“: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. FACT: There are more chickens than people in the world Now that your wordly knowledge has been increased - get out there and freak someone out with it!!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Just a quick note all.... Last Wednesday evening my stepfather lost his battle with cancer so my older sis who lives here in town and I spent the day yesterday with my mom making all of the arrangements. Ugh! He was diagnosed with lung cancer around the holidays and 3 weeks ago it spread into his brain. He just couldn't take the radiation/chemo treatments anymore and his heart just gave out on him. My sister tried to revive him but it just wasn't meant to be. A part of me is glad it's over so my mom can carry on and enjoy the rest of her life. The funeral is tomorrow so I will check in soon. I actually got out this morning and got a 6 miler in. I needed to get away, and what other perfect way to do it! Jewels
                        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                          Jewels - I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss. I completely understand your feelings of relief and not wanting him or your family to suffer for a long period of time. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

btb1490

{{{jewels}}} Sad Take care, and keep running.
                            BTY

These are the years to ...keep a camera handy at ALL times! as you don't know when the best blackmail info will present itself! Evil grin
                              Nuts - gotta go home before I can get the durn blackmail photos posted.

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{{{{ Jewels!!! }}}}}}}}}}} Take care of you darlin'! Regardless, it's tough!... I lost my Dad 5 yrs ago after a lengthy fight w/cancer...Plug in any time you need to!! Practice your "Zen Running" for a while now Smile......Kind of on the same note...my DH's Grandmother passed away peacefully last night...the last of all of our grandparents. For the most part, we have longevity going for us on both sides. No run for me today.....63*, clear, beautiful & I got called into work..& have all the relative calls to do tonight.....Ah well...Got to meet/jog w/a running club last night (before our initial call) Could be fun...Irish Snug Runners - meet on Thurs. eve's for a 5K run/jog/walk/crawl....followed by drink discounts, free food & gabfest! Big grin ....& 72* forecast for tomorrow!