Masters Running

Post your question about using RA here (Read 979 times)

Tramps

I'm sure Eric is getting buried in work with the influx of CR people, so I thought maybe we could provide a little mutual aid--rather than rely on him--as questions arise about how to use our new site. I suspect native RA'ers have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. First question: I plan to start a log on Jan 1st for the first time. Is there a way to enter my existing race PRs? Right now PR's are "automatically generated from the race results you entered." So does this mean there's no way to set "default" PRs achieved before you started the log? ETA: Okay, thanks for the responses. I was hoping to have a clean start on the 1st but I guess that's not possible. ----------------------- What are your questions?

Be safe. Be kind.

va

Hi Tramps, You can enter any runs you did in the past, and if they are races, they will show up in the PRs...
        I think you just go back to the specific year/month and enter as a new run...
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Wingz

Professional Noob

I think you just go back to the specific year/month and enter as a new run...
          Yep. Just be sure to make the type "race." The site automatically picks PR's from any run labeled "race."

Roads were made for journeys...

#artbydmcbride

Just start on January 1 2008, Tramps and set new PRs at each of your races. Smile See, simple!

Runners run

Hi Tramps, You can enter any runs you did in the past, and if they are races, they will show up in the PRs...
              That's what I did: just entered my past PR races with as many details as I could remember.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Henrun

Where does one get the 'cool' avatars and how do you post them?
                  Where does one get the 'cool' avatars and how do you post them?
                  Henry... Click on "option" at the top right of the page..... Click on "My Forum Preferences". You can insert any avatar you desire...... OK...How do we insert a url in our signature? Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                  btb1490

OK...How do we insert a url in our signature? Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                    Tim, if you quote my reply, you should see the code needed to post a URL in your signature line. The example I'm giving you here is a link to the Master's Forum. See if that helps you, if not let me know and we'll figure out something else. Master's Forum
                    Henrun

Thank you Tim - if this works Smile
                        The beauty of it is once you update your avatar or your signature, it updates all of your posts.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I have a question: are we going to do a monthly mileage thread here, and if so, are you still looking for someone to take it over?
                            btb1490....nah...that didn't work...I am sure I am missing something easy here,,,, Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                            btb1490

btb1490....nah...that didn't work...I am sure I am missing something easy here,,,, Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                              Rats! If I can get it, then you can too! When you click on "Options" in the top right, then go to "My Forum Preferences", there is a text box to type your signature line into. If you are using HTML in that text box, make sure you check the "Signature contains HTML" checkbox underneath it. Keep at it!
                                I for one, enjoyed the monthly mileage thread. I have not heard of anyone picking it up. Tramps? Did anyone offer to do it? The dynamics might be a bit different on this site with the reports available here. But it would require that anyone wanting to report would have to use the log here.
                                Vista