Masters Running

Still Diggin' Out Sunday......... (Read 39 times)

those of us

who have to dig, that is

8-degrees (not counting windchill) last night

nothing melted yesterday

=========

THE GOOD NEWS-

Pickles and I haven't killed each other yet

however

if you don't hear from me tomorrow, have her Arrested

first of 3x20-min HH walk

.............good work-outs guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Only 4" here and he sun is out. Donned trax on my shoes- didn't really need them since they do a great job on our sidewalks and went for 3 miles. Big winds have died down. Now ready for afternoon tv.

GO PATS!

Sayhey! MM#130

Cold here too.  Just ran a half in tights and long sleeves; stayed in the 40s.  Even DH was in long pants and a jacket.  Managed to get in 2 miles pre race and 3 after, so an 18 miler.

On the road home, looking forward to cooking up some dal, doing the Sunday crossword and then joining henrun.

Don't over shovel!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

wildchild

Carolyn

No snow here, and unseasonably warm!  Happily, the Frozen Dead Guy Fat Ass run didn't live up to it's name yesterday.  I started out with track pants over my shorts in the morning, but ran in shorts most of the day.  I did put long pants back on in the late afternoon when we lost the sun behind the mountains.   I skipped one loop of the run, which was 30+ miles total - I ended up doing about 24 miles.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

coastwalker

Hi everyone!

TW, I thought people were supposed to bond, not kill, when trapped together by weather.

Nice post-snow run, Henrun.

So, nothing about how the race went, Aamos???

We got 4" less snow than Henrun, which is to say that we got bupkis. However, the departing storm really whipped up the ocean, and at high tide this morning, there was a lot of water washing over the seawalls and tossing rocks across the road. But we're still not getting anywhere near the flooding that some NJ coastal towns got yesterday. I loved seeing the shots of people cross-country skiing down NYC streets - been there, done that, and it's a blast because it is so extraordinary.

I had a racewalking training session this morning, so we were on the 12-lap-per-mile indoor track. Even though the weather was nicer, I would have rather have been outside. I went 6.5 racewalking miles (78 laps, but whose counting). My ankle got squishy again, so I'll be wearing by rubber sleeve on it for the rest of the day.

Have a greta Sundaty!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

TW, I thought people were supposed to bond, not kill, when trapped together by weather.

...they are,

except I'm Bonding with the TV

and

Pickles is Bonding with The Laundry

..............which could make it Justifiable Homicide.....

mrrun

TW - maybe it's time for role reversal

Aamos - just went on FB - congrats - female grandmaster!

WC - only 24 miles?

Jay - yesterday we saw GD1 & GS as well as GD3 (NH & ME).  they were all ice skating - if that what a 3 yo does and quite unhappy there was no snow.  We drove home thru flurries, but nothing serious.

Jamaica Pond partially frozen over.  Tag would have had lots of friends.  Part of my slooow 8 miles

Dave59

We measured 11" of snow outside our condo. I shoveled our walks and driveway. I also shoveled the walks of one neighbor whose poor dog was struggling to pee. He would lift up his leg but he couldn't bring it back down because it got stuck in the snow.

Our monthly fee is supposed to cover snow removal but I was going a little stir crazy in the house so I did it myself. I also went over to the park and ran 2.1 miles. Not enough of the park was cleared out to run. (Our area of the condos still hasn't been cleared.)

After all that I was watching a show on the news where a couple doctors warned about the dangers of shoveling after the age of 55 and also the dangers of exercising in the cold. Because of my severe hypochondria I started feeling a bit weak. I was worried about my capillaries becoming constricted. 

So I turned off the news and watched an old Colombo episode and started feeling better.

...marj//.......Just Kiddin', I also do laundry now

,,,,,,,,,but was watcing

Ellen Degeneres do Stand-Up at the time,

VERY good Comedian...

Marathon Maniac #957

So I turned off the news and watched an old Colombo episode and started feeling better.

Just what the doctor ordered!

TomWhite -

Henry - kudos to you for getting out in the cold.  I am not a fan of single digit running.

Carolyn - nice Frozen Dead Guy 24!

Amy - did you win?

15 (feels like 10) degrees when I set out this morning.  It takes me a ridiculous amount of time to layer up for this - 2 LS, 1 SS, plus jacket on top, tights with shorts over them on the bottom, gloves to start, mitts to change into later, Hot Hands, hat, neck gaiter, Garmin, ear buds and audiobook, plus of course shoes and socks.  (sigh)  I'm exhausted before I set out.

I ran 9 miles outside and then went home, thinking I would hop on the TM for 5 more miles and watch the end of my DVRed movie, but then got sidetracked making DS a hearty brunch before he had to head to work, and when I hopped on the TM an hour later, I had lost all energy for running.  So, 10 miles total for me today.  We'll call it a cut-back week.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

moebo

Holly, 10 miles is nothing to sneeze at!

Aamos, congrats on yet another excellent performance! But not sure about tights for temps in the 40s...

Tomwhite, glad to hear you're doing laundry now. BF is a laundry expert--he enjoys it so much I almost never have to participate. Just one of the reasons I am hooked...

Wild, nice Frozen Dead Guy Fat Ass run. Glad it didn't live up to its name!

Jay, take care of that squishy ankle!

Henrun and Marj, nice not-too-snowy runs.

Dave, glad you got out. Don't listen to doctors!

We got about 8" of nice dry, light snow. I didn't do anything yesterday (apart from hunkering and correcting what felt like thousands of tests!), so this morning it felt great to get out and shovel. After that, 10K on the TM in exactly 1 hour.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

45F

icy

2.25 miles

11:29 ave pace

I shoveled the drive Friday afternoon. I shoveled again Saturday afternoon. I shoveled for a third time this morning. But the sun was shining all day. Albeit not enough to melt the streets and nobody plows our streets.

King Leonidas loves the snow so I let him go for a romp this morning. He ran away. When Ralph and I started walking out the driveway to look for him, he came bounding to us from across the street.  I hope he didn't make any of the neighbors unhappy. He sure was a happy dog.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Sayhey! MM#130

came by to search out some consolation....dang Peyton Manning and the Denver defense.....at least a lot of friend in Rapid City are doing the happydance.......

still laughing at twocat's comment to marj about putting hot sauce in the fridge to cool it off.....I'll focus on that (laughing) ...I love love love hot food.  I think I like sushi b/c of the wasabi.

Oh, and wanted to tell you, I have to find out the name of the guy who sang the Star Spangled Banner before the race today.  He's an operatic baritone, and I have NEVER heard the anthem sung so well.  He not only sang it a cappella, but he interpreted it.  I mean, when he sang "the bombs bursting in air," I could see them and got chills.  It was so excellent!  Seriously, he sang it as if he were telling a story.

And DH walked his in at just a whisper under a 13 minute mile pace,  which, if you ever go out and try to race walk and your name isn't Jay, is pretty good, IMHO.

And ah, no Holly, I didn't win,  by about 50 folks!!  I am tempted to post a photo as I think I did win "worst dressed."  Ribs would have seven fits.

But I won't.

sadly,

A.......it's less than a month to Truck Day, New England!

Sayhey! MM#130

Huh? 

Holly, 10 miles is nothing to sneeze at!

Aamos, congrats on yet another excellent performance! But not sure about tights for temps in the 40s...

Are you kidding?  Up top I had on a short sleeve shirt, arm warmers, then a pullover long sleeved shirt (Brookings marathon!) with those thumb holes so the sleeves stay put over the gloves (Runners Marathon of Reston), which I lost one of in the 3 miles I ran post race.

Mariposai

Posie hugs to all those who are dealing with the snow storm and all those who wants it or need it.

Yesterday's skiing really took it's told on the Easy Pacer and I, physically and mentally. So, when I left for my long run today I really did not know if I had it in me to run the 20 LR I had scheduled for this weekend. 14 miles is all what I had in me, happy with that, but still very sad that Twocat is still not able to run Sad((. The twocat-posie clan have a rendezvous at the end of February to run a twocat birthday celebration marathon. He is still not able to run .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard