Masters Running

40's on the run - on the move again (Read 839 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Welcome, Yabba! I'm just now verry slowly pushing up to 30 mpw, will be there in a few more weeks. Chimera - can't wait to hear your race report! Don't kill anyone! Wink Easy week for me, 20 mi. I'm still amazed that 20 mi is a "light" week. Starting classes again, so I'll be bicycling to work and trying to figure out how to stay warm on an early am ride! Arla

Ex runner

I just found my way here. Still feeling out the site. Thanks, Leslie, for setting this up for us. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

I just found my way here. Still feeling out the site. Thanks, Leslie, for setting this up for us. Tim C.
        Well, Arla's the one who got us moved, so I guess I'll have to give her the credit. Wink However, I did put a reminder on the main forum page. Big grin I feel better now that I'm home and got another 1 1/2 hours of work under my belt. Dead You know the little plastic ring that comes off a gallon of milk when you open it? Our used-to-be feral kitty is going CRAZY with one right now. He keeps picking it up, running full board across the wood floor, sliding into the cabinet, bats it around a couple of times, picks it up and heads the other direction. Back and forth, back and forth. Looks like fun!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Thursday, Everyone! 10 hill repeats this morning. It was weirdly warm, and I overdressed. Had to take off my pullover before I even got through my 5 minute walk warm up. The hills are getting easier . . . could it be these exercises?!? Amazing! Big grin Today and tomorrow . . . and I'm on vacation for two weeks! Woot woot!!

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Eerrrmmm, trying out some "different" running gear this am.... Surprised has been my plan since weather rpt last night comb w/perusal of "schedule" for today that I would go for 5 @ lunchtime (peak heat, bread rising n all.....) omg! I have NO self control Big grin LOL!! 0815 am clear, bright & cool: 16*F/47% H 6.11 miles @ 13.20 pc snow sloggin' w/Mairead.... FR: "day wear" undergarments, cotton/poly blend sweater, ooolld well worn n baggy Levi's, "fluffy socks," Carhart jacket, red ball cap, snow sneakers (got that part right anyway!), my GOOD sunglasses, & of course the ipod w/S9 earbuds ~ my DH's eclectic (see musical whiplash!) mix: Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Abba, KC & the Sunshine Band, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Celtic Woman, Sting & the Police, Duran Duran, Eminem, Vanilla Ice (!!??), Sawyer Brown, Black Eyed Peas, Heart, Chicago (shall I go on?!) Ms Glitterkiss!
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              my DH's eclectic (see musical whiplash!) mix: Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Abba, KC & the Sunshine Band, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Celtic Woman, Sting & the Police, Duran Duran, Eminem, Vanilla Ice (!!??), Sawyer Brown, Black Eyed Peas, Heart, Chicago (shall I go on?!) Ms Glitterkiss!
              Very eclectic and good! I just have no idea who Celtic Woman and Linkin Park are. Vanilla Ice?!? Duran Duran - Ah, high school! Remember Sawyer Brown on Star Search? That's where they got their "start." LOVE ABBA! Have you ever seen "Muriel's Wedding"? If you're an ABBA fan, you love the movie. Their music is the entire soundtrack. The movie's a hoot.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Very eclectic and good! I just have no idea who Celtic Woman and Linkin Park are. Vanilla Ice?!? Duran Duran - Ah, high school! Remember Sawyer Brown on Star Search? That's where they got their "start." LOVE ABBA! Have you ever seen "Muriel's Wedding"? If you're an ABBA fan, you love the movie. Their music is the entire soundtrack. The movie's a hoot.
                Lets see if I can clarify....either that or Google 'em! Celtic Woman is a group from Ireland primarily touring & w/shows on PBS....who do more "traditional Celtic music" ~ vocals, tin flutes, bohdran drums, etc: Linkin Park is pretty hard rock I guess you'd say - I think they make Scorpions look mellow! More like Rammstein!? which he also has in there!..... Ahhhh High School! Givin up yer age there Gal! Clowning around I haven't seen the "Muriel's Wedding," movie, yet.......ref Sawyer, 'course I remember....& I live in a part of the country where Country Music is pretty much inevitable!! & going to see them tonight in Colorado Springs.....their current lead guitar is a long time friend of ours from South Dakota Smile
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  **awkward newbie alert!** So, do you 40s post your daily runs here? (sometimes I feel like Flounder in Animal House when he walks up to the card game and says, "Are you guys playing cards?" and then everyone just stops and stares)

Top 'O the World!

some do, some don't......howeva ya feel darlin'! Wink
                    BTY

**awkward newbie alert!** So, do you 40s post your daily runs here?
                      4.5 miles, 43 minutes. 3x this week - it's been months! Or it just seems like it. bty
                        **awkward newbie alert!** So, do you 40s post your daily runs here? (sometimes I feel like Flounder in Animal House when he walks up to the card game and says, "Are you guys playing cards?" and then everyone just stops and stares)
                        "Oh I hope I Score!"... Another great Flounder line. Ray

flatland mountaineer

Hi guys, 4 miles with my run class group last nite, I kinda took it easy until I get the MRI done. I could probably get along with Mr Glitterkiss' playlist. My high school tape box (8 track) had George Jones, Foghat, Edgar Winter Group, Black Oak Arkansas, and Tammy Wynette. AA717 driver long time no see, glad u found us. Good runs folks, I catch up to everyone sooner or later.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

OK then, I'll post my run: 5 steady pace (about 8:45) miles at lunch. Cooler today here in Boston, but still very warm for January. Five January days in a row in shorts has to be a record. Speaking of records, my playlist is full of 80s songs, too, starting with "Sixty-Eight Guns" by The Alarm. I didn't recognize all of the other names listed.

Top 'O the World!

Ohh, I could go on & on with that list! 9,652 songs in his library!! Shocked INXS & Brad Paisley goin' on now... Anybody remember Dr Demento??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BILAFuSi-i0
                              BTY

If'n I ever get me an iPod thing...and I use it in a race...it'll have nothing but Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover on it. Zooooooooooom! bty