Masters Running

Hump Day Runs - And Goofy Stuff Daily (Read 554 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at the front door, who do you let in first? The dog, of course. He'll shut up once you let him in. ... Ok, I am going to get myself in trouble with the wimmin here if I am not careful Big grin...but I luv ya all Smile Here at work early getting the guys payroll done for Friday, and my Month end stuff. Lots and lots of crashes lately, so I have been super busy writing estimates and dealing with stoopid Insurance Companies Angry 60 minutes of weight work last night at the Y - upper and lower body and core work. Good golly, I can hardly move this morning and prolly over did it a little....Tim over do something, no way Roll eyes. I found I could do 19 out of the 20 machines, with the one I couldn't do was the leg press due to my foot. Back to swimming and pool running tonight which should be interesting with how sore I am. This morning is the best my foot has felt since my Marathon attempt....kewl! To the greatest people anywhere, hope each and one of you have a greta day and runs and such...you all rock (can I borrow 20 bucks Clowning around) Tet, you really are a lucky dawg Smile Taper Master Timmi

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning taper Timmi and all to follow ..... Out for 5 windy miles with Brinkley this morning. Heat wave at 32 degrees. My quandry today was do I wear yaktraxs or not wear yaktraxs. I have about .75 miles of snowy roads before getting to the main roads and paths that are plowed. Running on dry roads with the yaktraks on just feels wierd and I'm not sure how good it is on the knees. Anyway - I wore them ... 5 miles - 10:13 avg. pace - 165 avg. HR Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Another snowstorm here this morning. Roll eyes Haven't quite gotten my winter mojo yet, so off to the Y I went. Five miles on the dreadmill, 9:41 pace. I saw a bunch of cars in the ditch and the roads are a mess. But - did they delay the start of school this morning? No, dang it! Mary - I have to dig my YaxTrax out. I kind of lost track of them after last winter. Hey Tim - nice workout last night. You may not be running right now, but you'll have six-pak abs and nice pipes! Great picture of Tet and the ladies yesterday. He looks like he's really enjoying himself. Off to help DH shovel the driveway, then on to school. Have a great Wednesday, everyone.
          A beautiful, clear, chilly 50F degrees this morning turned my 10.15 mile easy run into an MP run. Still felt easy. Average HR only 144. Mile 9 was run at Tempo pace for a bit of stamina work. I am truly envious of those of you who get to run in this kind of weather most of the year. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! 6 very pleasant easy-paced miles in 29 windy degrees this morning (ave pace 10:24), listening to my latest audio mystery, Boundary Waters (which I recommend, btw, reminds me of a Tony Hillerman book). Afterward, just for Mary, I put my TM at a 10% incline, 1.5 mph, and did 120 walking lunges. Feels okay now, but tomorrow I may be feeling the effects. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

chilly 50F degrees? Bill I was going to heap abuse on you for that, but you've earned it. you & Erika can say whatever you want about the weather. imo. good morning! Mary, same thing with the cleat type.. I have both. they're so loud on dry sidewalks.
              But the sheen wasn't everywhere
              Lou, are you nuts? you are tough. I hope you bounce well. Erika, yeah you!!! Big grin. ..
              I feel very bad at time management when I read all that you can fit in at the beginning of the day.
              oh, you shouldn't. i'm trying to manage my time better. the time varies a little. average, run starts at 5:30 & I finish stretching, well, 7:30 is the latest. I started late & wasted way too much time yesterday, you have to change areas (it's a big gym). pit stops. brief conversations...remember when i was gym shopping & didn't want anyone to talk to me? sheesh. you get to know the early morning crowd after a while. i feel like ms. congeniality, (the crusty curmudgeon version.). I guess I do usually keep moving at a pretty good clip, but still never get it all done. yea me too. turns out I'm sick. Smile. which explains my carpy run yesterday. such a relief. things were just starting to feel right again. this morning I slept late, only did about a half hour of yoga.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey Bill, I was thinking about you and your running last night at the Y. Sorry if I don't remember, but do you have another Marathon on the calender right now....just curious. Nice 10 miler Buddie. Nice runs also to Mary with the yaktraxs (sounds funny to say), and Jlynne on the dreaded dreadmill...sounds like some bad weather there girl. You wrote "Great picture of Tet and the ladies yesterday. He looks like he's really enjoying himself" - Ya think Smile Wow Holly, 120 walking lunges Shocked - nice run for you too. dg, you said "yea me too. turns out I'm sick Smile" - somehow being sick and a smiley face don't go together Wink TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tramps

5.2 easy miles @ 8:46. Clear and chilly in the mid-20s today. Right hamstring/ITB/quad still funky, but better. Off to NYC for work for a couple of days; gotta run.

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Why does it seem to get colder as you head south (excl Byll's Fla)? Breger.. IRC!! That's special for you! Enjoy! Timbo... the rest is working. Glad the foot's feeling better! Holly. that's alot like stadium running...you'll feel it tomorrow. Good workout! Chilly, frosty 25F for 6 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 58:29 (9:45 pace, AHR 143). Shiver me timbers. At least it was +25F unlike poor Erika's.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

DickyG

A husband and wife have been charged with torture and other counts after a bruised, terrified 17-year-old showed up at a gym with a chain locked to his ankle, claiming he had just fled his captors, San Francisco authorities said. The couple had been taken into custody for questioning earlier in the day at their home where the boy was allegedly held against his will. A search of the home turned up evidence implicating the couple. When questioned by the police, the boy claimed that although he had been fed and clothed, his torturers had forced him to run on a treadmill each day as well as watch an hour of "Let's Make A Deal" reruns. Deb:
                      ....negative splits. don't know if it counts for that short a run.
                      Well I, for one, think they count...your 4.5 mile run is about all I ever do so as far as I'm concerned negative splits count at any distance. Jeanne:
                      "A Brown County Sheriff's Department deputy had his truck broken into WHILE IT WAS PARKED IN THE DEPARTMENT PARKING LOT FROM 10:35 TO 11:25 PM on Tuesday. The deputy's laptop, field training manual and flashlight were stolen."
                      The guy was probably inside studying for the lieutenant promotion exam. Leslie:
                      If this doesn't bring a small tear to your eye, you may be hopeless: Phone Salesman Amazes Crowd
                      Very good, but Tramps can sing that whole piece using his Bob Dylan voice. Ribs: My teeth are still chattering after reading about your Chicago run. I've also run along the lake in January wearing shorts...under 19 pair of sweatpants. Teresa: Don't you need to change your avatar to a lion or something? Tet: Why is it that the three girls to your right are all wearing low-cut dresses...and why are you looking that way? Mary, Perch, Tramps, Holly...way to get out there this morning! About the same rotten temps here...4 miles in 36:25 (9:06)...Ave HR 145 Max 161...this frigid air just sucks the breath out of me...had to walk 5-6 times in last mile. I guess it still beats injuring myself on a treadmill. Where's Maine? (Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it's up north somewhere) DickyG (edited to modify my own stoo-pud question)
                        8 miles with T with a tempo mile thrown in the middle...7:49 pace
                        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                        lamerunner

Good morning.... sort of. Another 60 minutes of cycling to nowhere. It is kind of getting old and sometimes even the bike seat irritates the sciatic issue, but better than nothing. MRI later today so probably no time for the eliptical. It is sunny and mild too for December! Maine is just to the northeast of me.... Is it possible to train for Boston on the elliptical? I may find out... Happy running or non-running to all. I think I am about on day 23...
                          xor

Does your family possess a Nintendo Wii? Please come over here and help a brother out regarding games which are (or specifically are not) fun for a couple adults. I bought a Wii yesterday. I don't want to waste money on semi so so games, but I also need something besides the Sports pack it came with. Thanks, daddios and mommias!

#artbydmcbride

So you need advice for what games will entertain a young boy, srlopez? Big grin A nice chilly 60 degree run on Signal Hill yesterday, even talked my trainee into doing hill work. Smile Then a short session at the track with the other running club. Total distance 7.25 miles

Runners run

xor

my trainee
                                And how is Special Agent Anty McShanty?