Masters Running

October Masters Miles (Read 34 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy November!  I'm not exactly sure why we should be happy that it's November, but I hope it'll be a good month for everyone anyway!

Time once again to post your  monthly miles, any AG awards and PRs, and anything else noteworthy about your October.  Awards might be given if I get around to it (sorry I've been tardy lately!) for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, and cool totals.

This is from the Indian Creek 50s race a few weeks ago:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

189.7 miles

Senoia 60 hour 121.8 miles. 3rd highest total.

Wildchild---you did not put your miles

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Carolyn! Nice trail!

October was a PR month. My first ever 400 mile month (400.1 miles, one run per day, no doubles)

on on track for my big goal of 4000 miles in 2015

2015 YTD: 3,385.2 miles

Streak : ran every day for 1901 days and counting. Average 8.5 miles/day

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

moebo

Lovely trail, Wild.

perchcreek, that is a lot of running!

I ran 107 miles (a prime number!)  in October.

No noteworthy accomplishments; just plugging along.

ETA: Actually, I just realized I did accomplish something--ran a marathon for the first time in seven years! Hopefully it won't be my last...

HermosaBoy

Thanks Carolyn!!!

October: 186.5 mi
            2015: 2,569.8 mi

One marathon completed.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

In my effort to "draft" off Hermosaboy (I posted after him last month as well

105.2 miles for October. 999 YTD

MM #7877

232 miles in November. 3 marathons and 2 half marathons. Blessed month.

Philippians 4:13.

BlazinCajun

October miles: 234.4

First overall in 10k - Showed up and won. Nice $150 award to boot.

Andrew
                  ------------------
                  God, my Lord, is my strength;
                  he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                  and enables me to go upon the heights.
                  Hb 3:19

Sayhey! MM#130

299.5 for October.

Masters at the Southernmost marathon in Key West 10/10, 1st AG at MCM 10/25.

Sr. Grandmaster at 5K 10/31, 1st AG (5th F oa) Rocktoberfest 10 miler 10/18, Masters (2nd F oa) 5K 10/3.

Happy Racing Season has begun

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

92.7 miles and another St. George Marathon, my slowest yet because I had plantar fasciitis.  It reminded me that the goal is always to finish...Although this is a running forum, I want to share that I did my longest bike tour, 35 miles.  The two are related because typically, I only cycle a lot when I have a foot problem but I think that's changing.  I have logged twice as many bike miles this year as I did either last year or the year before.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Henrun

83.2 for the month.

2 races: 10/4-5K 1/1 (60 and over)

10/18-10K-2/2 (70 and over)

Yes, the important thing is just showing up.

spinach

I managed to get to 100 miles in October, pretty sad since I ran a marathon on October 4. But my I have a had some foot problems that limited me. I had an MRI and may have gotten bad news when the podiatrist's office called me and told me I needed to make an appointment with him about the results. I will get that information on Wednesday. The 11 miles I ran on Sunday may be my last miles this year.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Walk-Jogger

91 miles for October.

I was hoping to break 100 miles for the month, but didn't quite get there. However, this is my best mileage month since last January. I also ran non-stop for an hour twice , and this is the first month I've been able to do that since last April.

October:        91 mi
                              September:  43 mi
                              August:         19 mi
                              July:               30 mi
                              June:             11 mi

Retired &  Loving It

evanflein

Managed to eek out another 200 mile month for October. The last couple of days were tough running because we finally have snow that will stay till spring.

October: 202.1 miles

2 marathons, No PRs but two age group placings (2nd at Wineglass and 1st at Freedom's Run)