Masters Running

September Masters Miles (Read 397 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Well, beautiful September is drawing to a close; time once again to tally up running mileage for the month. Feel free to post mileage totals and PRs and any other running-related milestones of note. Thanks once again for playing! This photo was taken yesterday on my driveway.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Prince of Fatness

Nice picture. Off day tomorrow, so this month is in the books. Sep miles: 174.8 YTD miles: 1502.9 Thank you.

Not at it at all. 

huskydon

Your picture looks like the road less traveled. Sept - 103.1 miles YTD - 932.6 miles Thanks WC!
          Thank you wildchild. Very nice driveway - looks like fall is on the way. September: 139.2 2008 YTD: 1502.4 (scarily close to the potato guy)

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks again Carolyn Smile Sept - 245.3 miles - PR Month YTD - 1847.3 miles Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Wildchild I agree your driveway looks like the road less traveled. Sept. 119.4 miles Year 1077.2 miles Missed a couple days due to travel & a couple for a sore knee, I wanted 140. However because of travel I got to run & explore some new places i.e. a beautiful paved trail in Farmington, Conn.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Prince of Fatness

2008 YTD: 1502.4 (scarily close to the potato guy)
                Don't worry, the potato guy is OK. It's that 2000 mile pace bunny that is right behind us that we need to worry about. Wink

Not at it at all. 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Gorgeous picture, WC--I think the aspens of the West are a very close second to the maples of New England for fall color. boy, did September fly by, and not in a good way. Lots of badly timed travel that seemed to always fall on my running days. Such as today. Oh well, October's a nice month to run, too. 31.9 Mi for me to bring the average down (again Tongue ) Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

That's one thing I miss about living down here. There's a lot to like, but no seasons and certainly no leaf changes. 165.7 miles for September 1560.2 miles for the YTD (I've got a bit of a lead on the 2000 mile pace bunny). Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Beautiful picture indeed. Smile September miles - 234.4 Year to date - 1911.7

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I love the photo of your driveway Carolyn. Thanks for doing this again too!! 159 miles for September 22 mile PR run 1114.5 miles YTD

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice driveway picture Wildchild! September 2008: 122.4 miles (low due to first injury in over a year Sad) 2008 YTD: 2061 miles (earliest I've ever broken 2000!)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Oh, Carolyn - thanks for the photo! I was just telling DH last night how much I would like to see the Colorado aspens. 187.4 miles for September 1603.6 mile for the year I finally admitted I'm feeling the effects of overtraining and had to back off the mileage and take some rest days.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

You live in a beautiful, wooded area, Carolyn! Sept: 177.5 miles 2008: 1548 Thanks for doing this!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hill Runner

Thanks Carolyn, Sept - 190.4 miles YTD - 1458.2 miles

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13