Masters Running

Happy Tues 4/7 Runs and Goofy Stuff (Read 516 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone! Still so very happy about our Dear Holly, and NEVER want to hear you are slow again....right Nancy. And Holly, don't make me pull out your fast 5K card either Tongue Smile. Erika, you make me very very happy too, nice pace girl on your 20 plus miler ...enjoy hate your taper. Last night...geez. When I left work it was super windy out and a "not so bad" 39 degrees out. I got home and dressed accordingly for the conditions for my run. My legs felt super, and I always have good runs on Mondays nights...just do. I took off on my planned 10 miler into the sunny skies and into the 35 to 40 mph winds. Then - just then - all of a sudden I noticed these HUGE dark clouds. Good grief...it started pouring down rain which turned to freezing rain, then snow. I watched the weather channel while I dressed for my run, and thought I was "over dressed" During the rain shower I obviously got soaked and the strong winds was making me extremely bone chilling cold. I bailed on running 10 miles and chose the closest route home because I was hurting...being pelted in my face by sleet and freezing rain...my face was killing me (insert your own joke here, lol) Home never felt sooo good, and I have never been so cold in my life I think....glad Holly's Marathon was Sunday and NOT yesterday, as we live kinda close together. OK...paybacks are due me, right? I couldn't wait to get into a very hot shower, and I started a pan of boiling water for my Brussel sprouts while I showered. Once I got into the hot shower - which was feeling sooo sweet - I heard my smoke alarm go off and I was freaking out. I got out of the shower all soaped up and was trying to open the bathroom door to get to my kitchen....slipping and sliding nearly breaking my neck as I opened my bathroom door. Guess who I freaking seen standing there (remember Kat, the Tri Gal friend I have, who as Holly says " I am trying to straighten out"...and has a key to my Apt) Little bugger was standing there pushing the button to my smoke alarm making it beep like crazy. Speaking of crazy I said laughing...are you crazy. Well, guess I was the nutty one standing there...ummm, nakid. Ok, good or bad run last night....I don't flipp'n know. But I need a cut back week to get ready for my longer runs for my Seattle Marathon. Oh yeah, ended up with 7.3 miles Moral of this story....it's all you evryday... TimBo Here are some before and after pictures of a wrecked 2009 Mustang if you are interested in such things...ended up being over a $10,000.00 repair. The owner of the car was very skeptical that his car would ever be right again, but when he picked the car up he said it looked brand new again...and called me later and said it drove and handled like it did when it was new Cool MUSTANG 6 MUSTANG MUSTANG 3

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning RA friends!! what a difference a day makes!! yesterday monsoon like weather and our Red Sox opening day was postponed -- today 47 and sunny a 7am!! early run for me (well early by my timesWink) 3.2 miles 32:28 9:11 pace --- walked 3 minutes to warm up then walked 1 minute at the 2 mile mark - other than that kept a fairly steady pace........feet still not great in my new sneakers, but not awful either ...... time to roll them on the ice bottle!! tim - cool before and after pics!! have a wonderful day!!

denise

Oh......so THAT'S what happened. Big grin
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          I am celebrating 25 years with my lovely and saintly bride today. I can't believe anyone would put up with me for half that long. The time does fly by! It certainly feels nothing like 25 years. Wow! Very nice job Tim. Move down here and find a job close by okay? I'm really glad I decided to go to bed at the regular time so I could run this morning. That sounds like a Game that would have had me saying bad words to the TV. The plan had me doing another odd Interval session: 3 x (2 x 3/4 mile at 5:18 with 2 min RI) 4 mins RI between sets. But I got up too late and scaled it back and made it more "normal". 4 x 3/4 mile with 90 secs. RI between each. 1.5 miles warmup 1 - 5:54 (not really warmed up fully) 2- 5:36 (into a 30mph head wind) 3 - 5:20 4 - 5:25 2 miles cool down 7 miles altogether in 58 minues. Again I did not hit the target pace, but I'm not going to worry about that. What I need is endurance and stamina at a solid pace, not speed - which I seem to not have much of Yes Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Happy anniversary, Bill! Nice work there, Tim. Wonderful cooler temps in the mid-30s today made for a sproinky tempo Tuesday. 8.2 miles total, with just over 5 miles @ 7:05 pace. Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning, all! Bill - congrats on the quarter of a century milestone -that is super! Denise - glad this was a good morning for you - nice run! 9 easy miles with an AHR of 143. Work getting in the way already this morning............

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Good job on the car, Tim! Happy anniversary, Bill! Heckova tempo run, Tramps! This morning my legs were still tired -- I think the weekend took more out of them than I would have expected. Either that or I'm a bit run down. Anyway, I decided to dial it back a bit. I have a final interval workout planned tomorrow, but I view this one as optional -- we'll see how I feel in the morning. 7.2 miles, 59:29, 8:18/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

lamerunner

Good morning! No run yet, decided to sleep this morning. Probably will do a long-ish elliptical session today. It has been a hectic few days with a work conference outside Washington DC, in a place called National Harbor, an outrageously big project on the Potomac which as far as I can tell consists of hotels, restaurants and boutiques. I don't know where one would buy a quart of milk.... nice to be on the river but too far from downtown. I did get in a couple of decent runs down there despite some fatigue from travel and work. Thursday I accidentally ran about 11-12, ran out of the big project onto Oxon Hill Road in search of a bike path in Oxon Cove Farm. Took a wrong turn, ran a while the wrong way then finally realized my mistake and once I found the place, was determined to check it out. Friday I did a long elliptical session on a fancy hotel elliptical. had to wait to use it... Saturday I took a cab across the river and ran about 10 on the Mount vernon Trail from Alexandria,VA. The cab driver had no idea where he was going so I had him just drop me off at the river. I think he thought I was nuts... Fairly speedy and flat 7 yesterday while working in Portland, Maine. it has been hectic lately to say the least. My back is doing better but sitting still bothers it. One more shot next week. I guess I should taper for Boston but it feels weird after not really training. Just for fun this year.... Happy running!
                    Good morning everyone. Wow - Tim. That car looks like it just rolled off the production line. You've got some seriously talented body people working for you. If your friend was pushing the button on your smoke detector trying to get you to come out of the shower, maybe she's "straighter" than you think she is! Happy anniversary Bill. May you have 25 more years together! Nice sproinky runs by the ladies this morning. Denise - it's great to see you back out there. Cold and windy here again. I did 6 miles, 9:45 pace, then got the jump rope out for 5 or 6 songs. Nothing like a little "Road House Blues" by The Doors to get the old legs going! What a blowout last night. I feel bad for Michigan State. One of the announcers said something like they resembled "deer looking in headlights." Never seemed to get on track. North Carolina does have an awesome team and really deserved this championship. And poor Jack Bauer....

Hill Runner

Good morning gang. "Nothing Could Be Finer....." CONGRATULATIONS TAR HEELS! Big grin Nice repair on the car Tim but I'd never touch a car like that.. While it might look OK, the chassis will probably never be in correct alignment. Happy Anniversary Bill. Nice runs out there already this morning. 10.43 miles of hills @ 8:57 pace...my standard Tuesday run. Good running everyone!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Byll--you didn't do anything to the Porsche, did you? Shocked

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Bill Congrats on 25 years ! I have to wonder..........Are there more people finishing a Marathon or more celebrating 25 years together ?

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nice repair on the car Tim but I'd never touch a car like that.. While it might look OK, the chassis will probably never be in correct alignment.
                            Peter, respectfully I beg to differ. I hear some folk who are apprehensive about repairs with structural damage. But as someone with extensive training and experience, I can assure you and others that this car - and all the vehicles we repair are back to factory specs and are just as safe and strong as before the accident. With our computer measuring system and up to date equipment, we actually can get the vehicle even closer than factory tolerences...factory allows for 3 millimeters tolerence, where as I have my techs get the specs near to perfect as they can. That Mustang may look all nice and shiny on the outside, but the inside that you can't see, is just all perfect as the outside. I know we all hear the horror stories of botched up repairs, but that has to do with poor repairs by people using sub-par equipment and lack of knowledge and training. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Tim, when I first was reading your post and got to the line of "before and after pics" - a car is not what I was expecting. I thought we were going to get before and after pics of "before your run" and "after running out of the shower to turn off the smoke alarms" . . . but, well, . . . the car. Nice job on the car Tongue Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Reger!! 25 yrs! I went for a 3.2 mile run last night. Yesterday was almost 80 here and I just couldn't pass up a nice evening run, even if it was a short one. DH and DS were at a football meeting, so I took advantage of being home alone and headed out for a run. Tonight DS starts football practice, which he'll have every Tues and Thurs night, so I'm going to switch my normal mid week longer run from Wednesdays to Tuesdays, as they will be gone and then I'm not taking away from an evening at home with my family on Wednesdays. So I have 6 miles on schedule to do this evening.

Tammy

Jlynne on the poor character TV show front it is kind of funny the show House has set up a "memorial" for the fantasy only human Kutner who just "died" via suicide. My guess is he really died over a contract dispute but who am I to argue? Wink biketm I should find out from you how to locate a good non-GM repair shop. The local GMC dealer went under two weeks ago and in case my Envoy needs to get repaired I will have to get it done at a local shop. Today was my every-other-day gym workout. The DW is staying in the city tonight since she has a dinner there. That means I have to eat the clams I bought for just such an emergency all by myself tonight. I suspect I will live. Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/