Masters Running

Boston a spectators perspective (short and sweet) (Read 205 times)

I wanted to volunteer. I was even filling out the volunteer form online until I got to the spot where they require you to be 18 years old. So that cuts out my daughter (running, tri, and volunteer partner). So we decided to watch instead. It was awesome to view. We positioned ourselves at the finish line. It was me, 2 daughters and a friend. We got to see the leaders finish and Lance. We also got to watch the televised version on the big screen. Too cool. Way better than any other sporting event I have ever been to. Much better than the Celtics games I went to. All you Boston runners did so well and finished strong. Congrats! Laurie, Kim, Ali and Lauren.

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

I'm jealous of your chance to be a spectator at Boston. I'd sure like to be there some year. TomS
      huskydon

me too! me too! If I can't ever qualify for the Boston Marathon, I would love to spectate as you did! Thanks for sharing! huskydon

Marathon Maniac #957

It's the spectators that really make that race. Thanks! Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

You lucky person! Hope you cheered loud enough for all of us! Big grin