Masters Running

November Masters Miles (Read 41 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

It seems like November flew by!  Time once again to post your monthly miles, and and PRs, AG awards, and anything else you'd like to share.  Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, cool totals, and anything else I feel like!  I always love these end-of-month recap threads!

I borrowed this picture from  Holly's friend Renee, from the Moab Trail Marathon.  Those little orange flags mark the trail along the cliff.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

That Moab Marathon looks spectacular!

Thanks Caroline!

I'll start :-)

Nov: 292.8 miles

2013: 2293

no races but....

Run streak at 1201 days averaging 7.4 miles per day

Mini streak PR: 24 consecutive days running a 10+ mile run. This was an experiment that seems to keep going after the goal of 10 10's.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

That Moab Marathon looks spectacular!

Thanks Caroline!

I'll start :-)

Nov: 292.8 miles

2013: 2293

no races but....

Run streak at 1201 days averaging 7.4 miles per day

Mini streak PR: 24 consecutive days running a 10+ mile run. This was an experiment that seems to keep going after the goal of 10 10's.

Inspirational!!!!

Yes, Moab is on my dream list now.

204 miles for my wings. The highest miles in months.

My goal since July has been cutting back miles and increasing XT. I spent about 20 hours of XT this month. Feeling stronger by the day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

72.2  a little better than oct.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks, Carolyn--I love these threads, too.

95.4 miles for me this month.  Not quite as much as last month, but satisfying, nonetheless.  No actual race PRs, but 2 10K training runs in times that would have been if I had been in a crowd.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM #7877

Nov : 283.2 miles

2013 : 2180.25

November Recap:

1. Qualified as Marathon Maniac with Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on November 2nd.

2. The next weekend, I ran 1/2 marathons on consecutive days for the first time ever.

3. The following weekend, I ran a 10K, PR'd and was 1st in Age Group.

Philippians 4:13.

TammyinGP

44.2 for me.

only had one race - a 2 mi turkey trot. WAY too crowded to be a PR race, but I did take 1/29 in my AG.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

No races, no PRs, no prime numbers...but there is something about this number...

November: 259

2013: 2181

259...hmmm....it's an odd number...don't you think?

Thanks again wild!

Oh, by the way, perch--that is a very impressive streak you have going.

Latent Runner

I managed 235 this month; the Thanksgiving NH-MI and back road trip took its toll on my late month running.  Sad

As for PRs, I have two (sort of):

• This was my fifth consecutive month at 200+ miles; prior to this streak I had never run 200 miles in a single month.
                    • I set my "50s 10K PR" of 48:24; slower than I had hoped, but due to the horribly slippery conditions, it was fast enough to tie for 11th out of 224 finishers in the 55-59 age group.  Put into perspective, this is the first time this year I've finished in the top 5%, hell, this was the first time I've finished in the top 15%..

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                    • 2-mile: 13:49
                    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                    • 5-Mile: 37:24
                    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                    C-R

234.2 for me. Biggest miles this year.

No PRs - but I did get a sub 20 5k the day prior to successfully completing Monkey.

Thanks Wild.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

SubDood

Moab beats the view from my treadmill. Thanks for the pic and the thread, wildchild!

Nov : 288.4 miles

2013 : 2320.3 miles

Biggest month for me. Consecutive days running streak at 49 days (as of Dec 1).

No races, no PRs. Nothing but base-building.

evanflein

140.9 miles for me for November, and 2037.5 year to date.

First sub-200 mile month for me in quite some time.Oh well, winter setting in kind of killed my mojo.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

117.7 miles

1st 100 miles since April

2 marathons  for the month

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Bad month only 79.9 miles despite 1 marathon.

Thanks for sharing that pic!

Thanks Wildchild.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Dave59

77 miles for November