Masters Running

It is Saturday the 14th...time to celebrate life... (Read 469 times)

Mariposai

so...it was Lucy's the dog birthday on the 13th...that explains why I had such a terrific run this late afternoon. I flew into Wenatchee on Friday after a whirlwind trip to the big city...and took advantage of a 2:30 hours free time I had while my car was being serviced to run the first loop of my upcoming marathon. 11 miles@MP...and it felt good, with the 1 mile to the bike path and a mile back made it to a nice 13 miles. Oh! I must admit I was thinking of Tobias when I saw a dog just like Tobias walking with it's owner. SRlopez.... I celebrate your 200th marathon...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an inspiration to many of us. go SrLopezzzzzzzzzzz go!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai – excellent MP run! I love the picture of Riblet and Lucy from yesterday – very cute! Stumpy/Kameele – I’m glad you’re procedure went well. No run for me yet. I have a 5K at 9:30, and I’ll put some miles on both sides of that for a total of 6-8. Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Good Morning Ladies And to everyone else that'll be checking in. An early start at work today. It's @sses and elbows here. Lots to get done in two days. Srlopez......Congrats, what an awesome accomplishment.........you are a driven man. Out for an easy 5 and some change last night. Perfect running weather........41 deg, sunny no wind, just enough breeze to evaporate the little bit of sweat you did generate. Should be the same tonight but I don't know how I'll feel when I get out here......or what time it'll be. Confused I made my 2nd bike commute as well. 28 deg this morning. A little cold on the hands and chin but certainly bearable. Wishing good runs to all !

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Happy birthday Lucy! Srlopez.. wow! I can't even imagine. That's alot of injury free running to accomplish 200 marathons! 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory at 9:36 pace (AHR 140). It's been a steady 38° and rain since yesterday morning. This is really getting old. Tory was thrilled.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I ran some of perches healing miles, too! 5.1 miles, 46:22, 9:08/mi, AHR 136 (68% mhr) Happy birthday, Lucy! Happy pi day!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Srlopez 200 marathons! Shocked Just incredible! Congratulations! My DW went down to the local jogging club for her run this morning. While it is supposed to warm up today, it was only in the upper 20's this morning. Brrr. I met her post run with my semi-weekly muffin delivery. They are a big hit. The blueberry muffins went really, really fast. Good thing I kept a few in reserve at home! evanflein so how is Vegas going? I sure hope it is warm! I am looking forward to my trip and what I want is HOT! Good day running all.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

congratulations srlopez! I'm in awe of you're accomplishment Mariposai, you did what I tried to do this morning. I was aiming to do 10mi at marathon pace, but did most of it 60s/mi off. Most of it was that I was holding back for tomorrow's 20, but I wanted to pick it up more than I did. Have a great day every one!
                -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                also on Twitter
                  hallar, sorry to hear about your problem tooth. I hope it is resolved quickly. spareribs, that's a neat picture of Lucy and riblet at Lucy's birthday party. stumpy, I'm glad to hear your procedure went well. srlopez, a big congratulations on 200 marathons. That defies my comprehension. Nice long runs for perch and mariposai. This morning, it was in the mid 20s with just a light breeze. I didn't feel like going out but eventually did and got in 10 miles in about 1:39:30 for a 9:57 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

King of PhotoShop

I was just trying to fathom running something like ten marathons a year for twenty years. When you think of it that way, it is even more amazing. You have to have some constitution to do that. This is a short week for me. I am trying to make sure I can pace the Saint tomorrow, so I am doing about the same workouts she does, except that I don't take any days off. Today we did 2 miles, just to loosen up, and I am pretty sure she is ready for her Half tomorrow. This afternoon we will work packet pickup and I am excited to do that because you meet so many people you know and get to chat, as well as people you haven't made friends with yet. SRL, if you are in Coppell today, drop by the RunOn store on Denton Tap from one to six and say hi if you have nothing to do. Spareribs
                      Been out of touch here for last week... 8.5 miles this beautiful morning 29F & sunny, Drove out to a great bike trail that is very crowded in the Spring & Summer but empty today. 1st 4 miles w/DW she turned around while I continue a extra 1/4 mile then turn & try to catch her. Came up 30 seconds short eventhough I made my desired time, she's getting too fast. 584 runners for my (RD) half marathon last Sunday, lots of compliments & few complaints Smile It was 50F but rainy which I guess is better than snowy & icy. We made enough money to fund our X-C scholarship for another year which is the goal. Cool Sr Lopez 200 marathons! WOW!!! Shocked That is amazing Made the Pittsburgh Half official last night signing up DW & myself. I just want to celebrate another day of livin' I just want to celebrate another day of life Rare Earth 1971 Have a Great Weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Henrun

Marj and I ran around the local resevoir this beautiful, sunny morning as a shakeout for tomorrow's half in New Bedford (supposed to be in the mid 50's). i hope spring stays (at least till after Boston)Cool.
                          I wasn't paying attention when I posted and now just noticed two things: SRL - 200 marathons is amazing -- I like the way Spareribs described the feat Mariposai - nice 13 at MP! You are ready! Uh, "perches"? Of course I meant "perch's" -- see how much I wasn't paying attention Smile ?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

a quick hi. weather bliss here today. Nancy...thanks for your as always uplifting post.... and what a great run. happy belated, Lucy! sorry i'm late. SRL.... . you're incredible. what an effort, what an accomplishment. Twocat..... (((()))))!!!! Happy pi day Lou. Smile
                              200 marathons, makes my head spin. 2 miles on the TM, actually just one, then the second mile split up into tiny bits as I was feeling pukey. Can't wait for this crud to go away.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I ran a local 5K this morning. Yesterday I told Timbo that my sekrit goal for this race was 23:42 (7:38 pace). I knew that I have been doing almost no anaerobic work, and that other than 2 miles in December at (7:56, 7:59), I had not run a single other mile at a (7:XX) pace since early June of 2008. Still, the weather was good, clear and 33 degrees, and I did a 3 mile WU with some striders, and gave it a good effort. There were more hills than I had hoped for, but the uphills did have lovely corresponding downhills. Official results: Time: 23:32 (7:35 ave) 1/44 AG (40-49) 10/215 Female 49/388 OA Sounds great, right? But these are totally off. There was no chip timing, and the clock actually said 23:45 when I crossed the finish line, not 23:32. (I was very excited to come that close to my sekrit goal.) But then I got home and downloaded my Garmin. Undecided We all know that Garmins are notoriously off slightly on distance, so I was not that concerned that it measured the course was 3.03 miles, but it clocked my splits at: 7:41 7:56 7:59 So who knows where I really was with this race. But the clock said 23:45, and that’s what I’m putting in my log. Overall, considering I haven’t run this fast in so long, I am not unhappy with the effort. It gives me a baseline to start the season. But I definitely feel like, with some more practice at faster paces, I could better this time later this summer. And hey, I beat out 43 other women in the 40-49 AG.... Smile 7.1 miles total today, with a 3 mile WU and a 1 mile CD.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."