Masters Running

Saturday 11/29 Daily Show (Read 29 times)

Tramps

Good morning.  Looks like there was some excellent Turkey-day runs and eating, including some nice racing.

A little sunshine today and in the upper 20s for a brisk but pleasant run.  EZ 10 with some good hills along the way.

Enjoy the weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Hey Tramps and all to follow.

Nice easy 8 miles with the sun peeking through. Actually going to be int the 40s today so I can get some yard work done.

Glad people are having a nice holiday break. Run well.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

King of PhotoShop

Another recovery day with the Saint, although this time 4 miles. Felt just as carpy though!  Now to shower and cook all day to prepare for the rest of the family.  Bone-in pork loin smoked on the grill.   Spareribs

..mornin' guys//...........looking forward to an afternoon off..............seems like docs went home Wednesday and never came back.

=========

...but I digress...........Y is closed for remodeling this week

40's and gusty

60-min bike ride

7-up and 7-down

and I get another one tomorrow...........ohboyohboy

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Beautiful , sunny, cold day. No run but went for a hilly walk. Hope to do a longish run tomorrow in milder temps. Going to a play this afternoon.

Good runs to all.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Nice runs, rides, and walks so far today.

I drove about 50 minutes north to Kennebunk, ME for a 10am 5K this morning. At race time, it had warmed up to 23F with clear skies and a bright sun. This was a small, but very well organized race with fewer than 200 finishers. There was no competitive walking div., so I was just in it for the fun of it, which is sometimes the best way to race. I wore tights, 2 shirts, gloves, a wool hat with a tassle and my oldie/goodie Mizuno Musha. The course had lots of rolling hills, mostly short, some steep, in the first 2 miles, with just a long, gradual incline for most of mile 3. Two women came up on me at about 3/4 mile. They were just slightly faster than I, so I opened my stride some more, and remembered to use more hip rotation, and stayed with them. Just at the end of mile 2, I passed them both. I never saw them again, although I did hear one of them breathing behind me for a while, so I knew she wasn't that far back, and that I couldn't slack off. Close to the end of mile 3, I couldn't hear her anymore, but by then I had changed my focus to zeroing in on the finish line. I finished in 31:49 for a 10:12 pace. My splits were pretty even at 10:13, 10:15, 10:10 and 9:53 for the last 10th.

DW went for a massage this morning, and this afternoon we'll probably do some more looking around at tubs, glass doors, shower heads and controllers for our bathroom reno. project. We found some tiles yesterday that'll go great with the existing floor and counter top, which is good because they are staying!

Have a greta Saturday?

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

Good morning my dear friends. We are having a wonderful time with Enkephalin and her kids around here. Last night we had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. Here is a picture at the dinner table.

The weather turned out to be bitter cold and going out so playing a lot out side is out of the question.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Holly, Nice photo of you and your "Big" brother!

An easy 4.75 this am. Nice and easy. a 5k this afternoon...running it, not racing...I've done too much grazing all day.

Christmas tree shopped, home, unloaded, trimmed and lights are on. Awaiting DW's expert decorating touch.

Looks like quite a spread there Mariposai.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - Nice racing in the cold!

Mariposai - great picture!

Today was the first group run of our running team "Sole Sisters."    We met out at Germantown Metro park for 7 miles on the trails, got a little lost and went a bit over, but found our way before long.  Had a great time with a couple women I knew and a couple I got to know.  With the hills out there, I got a pretty good workout and am feeling kind of tuckered.  Hoping to spend the rest of the day puttering around the house.

7.9 trail miles in 36 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Saturday all.

Nice spread indeed, Mari.  You always have such festive gatherings--no holiday required!

Excellent 5k pacing, jay.  Way to drop the runners.

Apparently, I injured myself while driving yesterday.    after dinner last night the ball of my right foot, just behind my toes was really sore and this morning when I got up, it seems to be somewhat swollen.  I did actually mean to get out for a run this morning.  Hope it feels better tomorrow.

Enjoy your double, TW.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Stumps - apparently gas pedal position can influence right foot splaying.
                        Lucky enks.
                        be careful on the passes.
                        After yesterday’s monsoons, woke up to a quarter-inch of snow brilliant under blue, sunny skies.  Fortunately, though it sounds strangely familiar, I'm too old to do anymore what one of the Quadzilla aspirants said about yesterday’s second of their four marathons this weekend:
                        . . . . . our hands were shaking so badly, couldn’t eat or drink.
                        . . . . . I am traumatized.
                        . . . . . I really thought i would die today.
                        . . . . . Do not want to be that cold ever.
                        . . . . . Will deal with tomorrow’s snow tomorrow
                        . . . . . I hope.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Trackrat, good job in your 5K with 1st masters.  Jay, nice 5Ks,  tet, good marathon, CNY, neat you did a turkey trot with your nephew.  Holly, nice picture with your brother.  mari, it looks like you had a great  dinner with enke and kids.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 20s and there was some wind.  I got in 5 miles at an 11:21 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I am enjoying being back in Victoria, delighted to see the kids.

I had a wonderful romp in my beloved Thetis Lake Park yesterday, which I'm paying for today with a sore ankle.  But have been wandering the city with and without the kids.

It is a weirdly dislocating feeling to be here when they aren't with me.  I went into my old neighbourhood grocery store to pick up a few bits and pieces (D has told me not to come home without Cheezies).   I feel like a ghost, an apparition detached from the world I am walking around, only visible to a few people.  It's very lonely-making.  I think I'll go spectate a silly race tomorrow just to connect with people who know me.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Debbie let me take a quick break from decorating Christmas trees so I came down to spend a little time with you people.

Nice pace and nice race jay!

Thanks for sharing the picture Posie.  Enke and her kids look great.

Oh...speaking of kids...here's my daughter and her family...

Anyway...I ran 10 miles last night then today had a pretty good run.  It was just really nice out and I felt like letting loose a little bit.  After going through the first mile in 7:30, I picked it up and did the next 13 in 1:29:03 for a total of 14 miles in 1:36:33.  With 5 miles to go, I looked at my gps and it said I was at a 6:45 pace.  I asked myself, "So, can you maintain this pace for another 5 miles?"  I smiled and said, "Yes, I think I can."  And then I did.  It was a good run.

Then I hustled off to watch my granddaughters play an indoor soccer game.  That was fun, too.  They both scored goals and won pretty easily.

After the game, I went and picked up some Christmas stationary to print out Christmas letter on.  Yes--I finished my Christmas letter--woo hoo!

And, now, Debbie and I are setting up the trees...which I better get back to.

See ya!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--it's me again.  I forgot to tell you about how I was attacked be a big ugly dog during my run, today.  I heard his toenails on the pavement as he crossed the street, then I felt his teeth on my elbow.  I kind of shoved it back and, for some reason, he didn't bite down.  Luckily his owner came running out and yelled at him and he went back home.

Okay--that's all I wanted to add.  See ya.