Masters Running

Tuesday - 6/2 (Read 34 times)

Dave59

It would be nicer if someone else started the daily. Someone who remembers all they read from yesterday and did one of those great recaps. But it is just me and I need to get this thing up so I can post and go back to work!

Hill workout this morning.  Man was it a killer.  I'll be lucky to make to noon before I need a nap.  Nothing special that made it tough, just the usual 2-mile warm-up, 3 sets of 5 times up the hill, and a 2 mile cool-down.  Total of 7.18 miles. 

It was 33° and there was frost on the ground.  The grass was very wet which made for wet, cold feet.  Never did coffee and a hot shower feel so good at the end.

Speaking of coffee, I stopped by Tim Hortons for a large cup of it on the way home.  I found out that on Tuesdays during the month of June, every 10th car gets their order free.  I was the 10th car today and that's how I found out.

The "For Sale" sign goes up today.  We did the "paper work" last night and the realtor took all the pictures. It was very tedious and we were hungry but I survived it somehow.  Then we went to Bennigan's where I had two Sun Dog Amber Ales from the New Holland Brewery in Michigan and that made me feel much better.

Open house is Sunday afternoon.  Stop by if you happen to be around.  On second thought, we won't be here so don't bother.

Marathon Maniac #957

It was 33° and there was frost on the ground.  

Words I never want to hear in June.

When I had the bone-grating surgery in my mouth, he left in two titanium mesh pieces to contain the material until it "grew in."  Next week I am supposed to have them removed. However, I could tell by Sunday morning that my mouth was getting infected again (nasty taste, nausea, feeling a bit carpy), so I started taking the antibiotic I had picked up in preparation for next week.  I feel amazingly better, which just shows me how carpy I was feeling without realizing it.  I don't like to mess with any infections in my head.  (I called the doc yesterday and he concurred.)

Anyway, today's run was surprisingly sproinkly, so I threw in 8 x 200m intervals at random places in the run.

6 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

yes, I agree that "frost" and "june" should never be in the same sentence, unless you live in Antarctica and we don't have any Antarctica runners here. . . yet. . .

Liz left Eugene today to fly back home. It was so great to finally meet her and get to know her better. I hope she'll come back to Oregon sometime but after 3 close trips, I think she might be done jetting around the country for a bit. She did say she'd like to come back to Oregon someday and spend the time in So. Oregon and do one of our fabulous trail races we have down here. If she can handle that hilly 30K she just did, I know she can do the trail runs down here also!

Yesterday was my rest day and now I have to get back into the training mode. I really didn't run too much in May with some busy-ness I had going on and then a back injury that had me sidelined for quite some time. But tonight will be 3 miles on the trails with my dogs. They'll be happy about that. DH said they were very mopey all last wknd when I was gone as they totally live for the wknds when I'm home all wknd and we get in runs and walks.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Anyway, today's run was surprisingly sproinkly, so I through in 8 x 200m intervals at random places in the run.

Uh oh--Holly's fartleking...

stumpy, happy anniversary.  Mike, grandkid time is a fantastic reason for a midrun break.  Holly, nice pictures from your son's graduation.  Tammy, great 8K with your son and with pictures.

Nice long runs for wild (including pictures with friends), evan, and Aamos.  Good job on the speedwork for Mike and Holly.  Dave, I'm glad it's you, not me, tackling the hills.

Being a little over an hour away from Dave, and starting later, it was in the mid to high 40s when I went out.  There was a light breeze and bright sun so it was nice running weather.  I did 6 miles at an 11:24 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

Aamos, here is how we handle the puzzle.  I don't touch it at all Monday through Wednesday, but I'll help the Saint on Thursday if she needs it. On Friday we go out for a drink and do the puzzle together at the bar, usually about 30 minutes.  On Saturday the puzzle belongs to me.  The Sunday puzzle is never a rush and we leave it sitting around and either of us will fill in some of it when we feel like it. We have a ton of half-completed Sunday puzzles around the house. (For those of you not familiar with the NY Times crossword, it gets progressively more difficult as the week goes on, with Saturday the hardest.  The Sunday puzzle and the Thursday puzzle are equal in difficulty but Sunday's is bigger and usually has a fun theme to it.)

Today we set out to run long in the park since the last two days have had weather problems.  It's sunny, warm and humid however so it was not pleasant. I did 12.5 and the Saint did 10.5 and that was plenty.

I put up a post on the Dallas Morning News site yesterday with tongue in cheek advice on how to write a race report, which got strong reviews from the local runners.  I hope none of you sees yourself in this:  http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2015/06/running-tip-how-to-write-a-great-race-report.html/

Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - that is hilarious!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'm in the neighborhood of Dave & Tom, and like them it was a beautiful sunny morning, albeit a bit chilly, especially on a bike. But I dressed right for it and went out for my usual Tuesday group ride of about 24 miles. Definitely a lot warmer by the time we came back at 11-11:30.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Another cold, damp miserable day here in CT.  The good news, for me at least!, this is an elliptical day.  No danger of getting rained on in the gym!

I have been working on a project on and off (mostly off) for about a year now.  Finally, finally I got it off the ground!  You all have no idea how that just made my day, maybe my whole week!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I don't like to mess with any infections in my head. 

I imagine a few around here could take this statement and run with it, but I won't.   Glad you're feeling better, Holly, and had a nice, sproinky run.

I loved the article, Ribs.

Dave - Good luck on the house sale!  We've only purchased - one time.  I can't imagine having to keep my house totally cleaned up all the time in case someone wants to see it.  That right there is enough for me to never move.

We've had very drab weather here for almost 2 weeks now, but I am actually seeing blue sky out my window at the moment!  It was supposed to rain yesterday, but did it?  No.  Sunday, just 20 min south of us, they got dumped on.  But us here in Eureka? No.  Dang it!

4 EZ miles for me this a.m., which I actually managed to keep EZ like I'm supposed to.  Even stopped and listened the birds waking up.  It was nice.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Great article Ribs!!

It has been unseasonably cold here after the unseasonably hot weather!!  DH actually turned on the heat which I am not happy about but it's better than freezing I guess!!

Yesterday was awful - EPIC awful!! I am so not computer inclined and it was a very difficult day caring for my patients in our busy triage unit and trying to learn this new system!! I really hope tomorrow is better -- I think I stress ate my way thru the day - thank goodness I at least hit the gym for a quick 3.2 miles before work to rev the metabolism a bit!!

Today was a wonderful day off - coached swim, pool running, computraining, chiro appt and a 90 minute get those knots out massage!! Ahhhhh - hopefully I will be ready to face another EPIC day tomorrow!!  Bringing in healthy snacks to stay away from the junk food too!!

Happy trails my friends!!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

Night!  Double day, 8 in the am and some (6, 4 sub 8) speedster miles after work.

Been pacing listening to the game that just ended.....we got the good no great Clay tonight.  1-0.

That was more exhausting than my 14 miles today. .......

Chilly here too, plus we ran our intervals tonight in the rain.

I have my long sleeve jams on and am ready for bed........

《Yawn》.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Gee, Ribs--I didn't think you ever read my race reports...

I went to a granddaughter's soccer game right after my 6 mile run and I just got home, so this is all I have tome for.

See ya!

Mariposai

Well, I did not go to my granddaughter's soccer game after my run like MikeE did tonight, but I sure had a fun time dining with my two little girlfriends with other grown ups to interview a potential doctor for the local hospital. Fun night.

3 hurry up miles after work when I realized that I had only 40 minutes to get ready to run, run, and get ready for dinner. Ohh, as a reward, I ordered my favorite dish, Zeus platter at the local restaurant.

I am soooo glad that June is here!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mrrun

Just back from our final Parisian run, stopping after for croissant & brioche.  We passed by Starbucks for the local bakery.  Today, more of being flaneurs and tomorrow reality

marj