Masters Running

Thursday is finally here!, 5/29 daily (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

It is raining here hard, but speedy Stacey is soon to arrive at my house for our weekly speed training, so running I will go and Twocat will think I am crazy.

Have a fun-tastic Thursday! I know I will.

Back from a 10 mile run.

Tselbes, that grandbaby of yours is adorable.

Lamerunner, so good to see you here.

BTW, any word from hopefull4ever? and deezy4boy?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

coastwalker

Mornin'  Mariposai and other friends!

Despite what Twocat thinks, there is nothing wrong with splashing in the rain, Mariposai - have fun!

I wrote a full post here early yesterday morning, but must have missed the Post button and hit the Stoopid button instead because that post is nowhere to be seen. So it goes.

Sorry about the ELD, Dave. The best solution is to sign up for another race right away.

Mike: What Stumpy (and Dove) said!

Aamon (and Tet), I'm also curious to see what sleep will/won't be like next year on PST. Regarding your Garmin confession - we all have our crabby days, although you appear to have far fewer than your fair share...

Sorry the car is still not fixed, Holly. I'm the one with the drive shaft issue, and I'll get to that further down the page. If I can make it up to VT, it will only be to meet, greet, and cheer (with Marj/Henry?): 50 of any distance measurement is likely too far for me.

I'm glad you're having a good time and good runs in Ithaca, WC. It was beautiful when I was last there, but that was many decades ago.

Were the Pops outdoors last night, Marj? If so, it must have been a bit chilly, but I'll bet the music was warming.

Thanks for the tutorial, Ribs. It's always good to learn about something else we have in common with women. I'm glad that you got the clearance to run, as well as the "undetectable" PSA result. That is such excellent news!

Tammy, you have way more than an ounce of David's discipline and motivation: You don't sell David short, so don't do that to yourself either.

Welcome back, Lamerunner! Sounds like DS and DD are both doing great. We go kayaking at Pawtuckaway at least several times each summer - it's a beautiful lake.

TomW, I'm glad the 39mpmb - deo helps make your legs feel better. Watching that video made me feel tired...

Great shot of the little one, Tselbes!

I hope you have a pleasant trip home, Twocat. It sounds like you and DW were getting out of town just in time, after trashing the conf. organizer.

What a fun finish foto, Leslie! You were clearly having a great time.

Welcome back, Mariposai. I'm glad you had a good weekend away.

Nice run home from work, Evanflein. Sounds like a great way to finish off the work day!

So, the Toyota dealer said I needed a new drive shaft and about $450-worth of brake work. My local mechanic said he can rebuild the drive shaft, and that there is nothing wrong with my brakes. So a potential $2K job has gone down to less than half that. Whew! The nephew might be going home today, if we can convince him to fly - he's never been on a plane before and is skittish about it. But if he doesn't want to do that, he'll stay for another week till we can arrange ground transportation. I'm getting 10 yards of mulch delivered today, so I kinda' hope that he stays around so he can help spread it around, but it's his call.

6.5 RW farletk miles in refreshing 40F temps on the early side of JJ o'clock this morning. The fast segments felt great, but I was also glad to have a bit of rest in between. The sky at the horizon was a gorgeous orange in pre-sunrise mode.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning Jay, Mari, and TW.  The Stoopid button would explain a lot.  Unfortunately, we tend not to see it until it's much too late.

Jay's orange horizon was full sunlight by the time I hit the road at 5:45 this morning.  39F when I got up meant I had to dig out a hat and pair of gloves for the start.  Long pants are already stowed away in the attic, so not an option.  3.1 miles at a slow pace, but a gorgeous, sunny morning, so it felt great all around.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

King of PhotoShop

3.8 miles today. Walked one in 14:20, then jogged one in 10:53.  Then a full flex workout at the Y.  Gorgeous weather here today after several days of rain.

I'm glad I don't gamble at all.  Because I would bet on baseball and lose every time.  The Rangers are in tatters and go on the road and take 3 of 4 from the Tigers, who I picked last year to go to the Series.  Meanwhile, the team that did go to the Series, the Red Sox, can't seem to do anything right.  Last night Joe Saunders pitched for us and I told my son the over and under for him on innings pitched and runs given up ought to be 4 and 5.  He shut the Twins out for 5 innings.  I know nothing about baseball.  Spareribs

Morning, Folks -

Ribs - I definitely appreciated the explanation yesterday as I was wondering what your surgery entailed.  For me, the more information people can provide, the better educated we call become, hopefully the healthier we all will be.

Jay - Glad the car issue is going to be a lot less money all the way around.

Posie - Hopeful is way into spending time with her grandbabies and dog showing these days with Rizzo.  I follow her on FB.  She's doing great, too!

Set my alarm for 5:00 with plans to get up and run an EZ 3.  Turned off the alarm . . . . struggled to open my eyes at 6:00 and finally crawled out of bed at 6:50.  I slept like the dead last night, and my face looked like it this morning.  Almost thought I was going to have to put ice on my poor eyes, they were so puffy.  It's a good look.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks,

I am taking my car back to the shop this afternoon because the leak is still there.  I will be working from home tomorrow because DS' car, which I have been borrowing when mine is in the shop, is now making an alarming noise, so I am afraid to drive it.  (sigh)

Last night's softball game for DD was mostly in a steady rain.  I felt bad, sitting there under my umbrella, while all the girls on the field were getting drenched.  Our team lost, not really because the other team was much better but because our girls just weren't playing well last night.  DD is pitcher, and even she had trouble with the wet ball, even though they kept toweling it off.  At least it wasn't really cold, though.

2.3 easy paced miles for me this morning, followed by 35 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Hello All.   What a beautiful day for a mid-day run in Albany.  61 degrees, light breeze, low humidity, no clouds.  I'm in week 1 of recovery mode after "racing" in a 15k on Saturday.   Since I wasn't really in good enough shape to race that distance, I'm thinking my recovery will be better than in the days when I used to go all out in that race, and so far that's holding true.  My recovery jogs yesterday and Tuesday were 10:00 pace and slower, and today I just naturally shifted to an 8:45 pace for 3 miles.  I couldn't have run a single mile at 8:45 yesterday. Active recovery still seems to be the way to go for me.

C-R

Hey everyone. Sorry about the car issues. No fun. Hope they improve.

I like seeing your progress Ribs. Good stuff and have some DQ. A few Blizzards will help add weight. Shoot now I'm jonesing for one. Great.

Getting a little more into the swing for my running. Getting some mid 6 and 7+ runs more frequently. Day by day.

Patrick's track season ended last week. He didn't qualify for Conference as they only take top two and have an alternate and he finished fourth. However, he was in reach of third for the first time this season so he's stoked to keep working.

Nice splash and dash Mariposai!

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I know nothing about baseball.  Spareribs

When you realize you know nothing about baseball, that's when you do.

Most other things, too.

ps - I'm with Leslie on the detailed health information.

In fact, the older I get, the more important it becomes.

Besides, we couldn't run without it, . . . in the unlikely I ever did.

You've always been our running wise man.

Now it's health too.

Thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

speaking of baseball, we have decided to bring David to Seattle this summer for a couple baseball games, instead of a seahawks game this fall. Even though tix aren't on sale yet for the Hawks, a few season ticket holders are already selling their tix and it's just stupidly outrageous for probably the worst seats in the house.  We can go enjoy a couple Mariners games, sit outside on a nice sunny day, go see some other things in Seattle, all for a fraction of what 3 football tickets would cost.  I thought he would be really disappointed in not seeing the Hawks live and in person, but he totally understands that it's ridiculous to spend that kind of money on a football game and he is so into the Mariners right now, that he'll LOVE being able to catch 2 games up there. 

short run on the trails last night when I got home. David and I headed to Eugene tomorrow for the Pre Classic. His highschool running coach and a couple of his coach friends are going to be there also and they've invited David to go for a run with them on the Amazon trail Sat a.m.  Okay, i'll be there too, but probably not running at their speed. but it's a loop trail system so I'll see them at some point.

Tammy

mrrun

Jay - the Pops was inside - 20's jazz and after intermission the Hot Sardines played and they were awesome!  Only trouble was I lost my T pass and had to get a new one this morning.  fortunately there was no line & they transferred the money from my old one so I only lost some time and moved my morning run to the afternoon.

Lots of shout-outs for runs/ ultra PRs/ welcome backs/ and everyone else just because.

good luck to all dealing with car issues.

we're off to ohio tomorrow for GS high school graduation - unfortunately we can't catch up with Holly on this trip

marj

Morning Jay, Mari, and TW.  The Stoopid button would explain a lot. 

...actually TheStoopidButton ate my post ABOUT TheStoopidButton......

I'm not

drawing any conclusions

from that.

==========

double wgt sessions

extra hip exercises

................good running guys....................'Ware TheStoopidButton........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

fatozzig, that's a great finish line photo.  Jay and Holly, sorry to hear about the car problems.  Nice long runs for evan and mari.

This morning, it was about 50° and there was just a light breeze.  I got in 5 miles at a 10:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Tamster,enjoy your trip to Eugene. We will expect a lot of pictures from the Pre classics.

Well, the Easy Pacer was waiting for me for a running date tonight. Gulp, I already ran 10 miles this morning. Never to miss a running date I sent off the Easy Pacer on his first farklets run. I run slow, he goes faster for one block and run back fast to me, we run slow for a block. It worked well.

Night folks.

Thursday was grand, indeed.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Today was my first all trail run during the day, and it was a beautiful day to do it! Got good and sweaty... glad I have a shower at work and a hairdryer in my bag. Mile paces were 8:25, 8:20, 8:11, 7:56, 7:38, and 7:56 for the last .8 mile. I totally cheat doing this on this route, since it's uphill to the turnaround at mile 3.1, then downhill on the way back. Oh well, I still have to push it on that last mile (#5) since it levels out quite a bit there. Works for me.

Another warm day here tomorrow (today was sunny and low 70's for my run), then it cools off a bit which is good. We're leaving for Scottsdale AZ tomorrow and DS1 is taking care of cats and plants. I know he'll remember the cats.....